• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I can't believe y'all are falling prey to noirscythe's snarky, but otherwise intellectual, tripe.

Smooth Criminal
Don't glorify it by calling it intellectual, at this point he's just being a douchebag who only wants attention. I preferred this thread when off-topic posts were about Pokemon discussion, not debating the definition of some dumb sesquipedalian term no one needs to know and arguing about who's more logical. I'm really surprised he hasn't gotten moderated yet.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
what's going on in here

well anyways i've been playing wario and he isn't so bad. well i'll probably think he's bad later but he's mad cool

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Updated the Stage Strike code. Now, stages you've struck will not be chosen on Random. This means you can strike all but one stage and press Start (random) to start the match on that stage. For those of you too lazy to move the cursor half an inch over.

This feature was in pretty high demand so I decided to buckle down and implement it!
This
(PMBR-sized official update)
just happened and people are still arguing about music. You buried this post so people missed it.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
why anyone would give 2 ****s about someones opinion on another persons music is beyond me

^also, dat post everyone missed for some reason

cannedbread

Smash Lord
wow my posts always bring kage back to the thread. it does good for my confidence. how was your day kage? how are you preparing for our impending doom? do you still play project m?

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I heard something from JC's ROB demo stream- something like Brawl's jumps don't really take momentum contribution from running. I don't know if I understand this. Does it mean Brawl's running jump is actually the same as a regular forward-tilted jump? Could someone explain this with a comparison to Melee's physics?

cannedbread

Smash Lord
i think brawl's jumps don't transfer running momentum. so a running jump would be the same as a standing jump forward i'm sure

google chrome all day

but ie is an awesome guy.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
wow my posts always bring kage back to the thread. it does good for my confidence. how was your day kage? how are you preparing for our impending doom? do you still play project m?
Hmm.. it was pretty uneventful at work as a game tester. There are days like this where you have to repeat the same task over and over and then you just don't do much. lol.

What do you mean Impending doom? The end of the world? If there was something like that, well it's not there yet nor can you prepare for unknown circumstances so it's stupid to wrap your mind around it. You can't prepare for what you don't know so you let it happen... all I can do is continue to be happy, to follow my dreams and continue to be there for the people around me.

As for P:M, well i haven't really had many opportunities to play it right now, I'm still playing Melee with my friends once or twice a week if I'm lucky.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
In Melee, a running jump goes farther than a jump initiated from a stand. In Brawl, they go the same distance whether or not you were running.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Console games usually, the good ones I tested was Rock Band 3 and Castlevania Lords of Shadows.. a lot of crappy ones too. Though I cant tell you the game im working on right now.. ;)

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Lords of Shadows was pretty fun if a little convoluted in its setting. Cool to know you got to test something I've actually played instead of just shovelware.

I'd be excited about demo 2.5, but doing so would make everyone else excited about demo 2.5 wrong, and I don't like it when I'm wrong, so I'm sure others don't like it when they are wrong. Of course I won't want other people to do things or be things they do not like, so I have to be not excited about demo 2.5.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
how do you even land a job doing that? sounds fun. even playing crappy games are fun sometimes. well if it's a funny haha this game is bad game then it's good fun.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Hmm there are tons of gaming companies in Mtl.. you just apply and you can test games.. you don't need any diploma to do that. Maybe you can look in your region if there are companies like that.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
i like it when i post too

too bad i usually don't have anything insightful or worthwhile to post like metrod and i lack the swag to ****talk like eli and i lack the high theory level like kink

so i'm one of those somewhat offtopic posters that keep bumping this thread over and over again. i wish i could reply without bumping it seems rude

also heres a fun fact: you can't footstool lucas out of pkt

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Lords of Shadows was pretty fun if a little convoluted in its setting. Cool to know you got to test something I've actually played instead of just shovelware.
Ya it's alright but not great. At work we ended up doing Paladin speedruns which took 12-13 hours usually, fun stuff.

i like it when i post too

too bad i usually don't have anything insightful or worthwhile to post like metrod and i lack the swag to ****talk like eli and i lack the high theory level like kink

so i'm one of those somewhat offtopic posters that keep bumping this thread over and over again. i wish i could reply without bumping it seems rude
Do you have desires to get strong?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
i believe you can't footstool people out of attacks in general...
A far as I can tell this is correct. You can footstool an opponent in every fall state, standing, crouching, and probably hitstun, but doing so when an opponent is attacking at all or air dodging results in a "phantom" footstool, where your character jumps, but the enemy does not get affected by the footstool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom