• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I don't really think people REALLY consider that ragequitting... I think ragequitting is quitting when you still have a chance of winning the match. However, we do use the term for both situations for lack of a better word for it.

BTW you should never ragequit in either sense because I have had 2 tourney matches now where I was in dying animation last stock and the opponent killed himself in the meantime, giving me the win.

TheLake

Smash Master
So I like sonic

But his Side B and down b

are more confusing to me in this game

then they are in brawl lol

how exactly do they work?

What can I do with them?

AND why doesnt every character have a banjo kazooie related skin yet?

+1 To any gimpyfish post

Please and thank you

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Quitting out of matches has always struck me as just bad form. I don't play Bowser, so I don't have the goal of a Bowser win screen like Gimpyfish, but I still feel robbed when someone quits out of a match I've won. The win screen tells the winner, good job, and if they want that, they deserve it. If you're so concerned about time constraints, and you want to end the match faster, then side-b towards the blast zone or whatever.

Look to other fighting games. What it if Zangief started his Ultra animation when you were at just a few pixels of health, and the moment it became clear the hit had connected you quit out. That's exactly what you do when you quit early, and it just doesn't happen in the fgc. Maybe it's because the the fgc has a certain respect for the game they're playing, and in particular that game's win conditions, but I find that to be one of the strengths of the fgc, and a weakness of the smash community.

Izzmo

Smash Cadet
So I've taken P:M to a Smashfest in Berlin last weekend and most of the people there, including Luma, the supposedly best Peach in germany, had big bulging sacks of fun with it. Everyone transitioned well and found at least one character they instantly adored. Especially Lucario made a big impact, though that may have something to do with the 'genkidama' screams that happend everytime someone neutral a+b'd. Still, the better half of the Player's didn't take it very serious as a competitor to melee for various reasons, the most prominent being the perceived sluggishness that i cannot really relate to apart from shine-shenanigans. All in all though a great success, since i believe in the end we played more P:M than Melee those two days.

Personally I think you guys did an amazing job. I honestly expect that you'll be able to make the final product even more outstanding than this second demo.

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
So I've taken P:M to a Smashfest in Berlin last weekend and most of the people there, including Luma, the supposedly best Peach in germany, had big bulging sacks of fun with it. Everyone transitioned well and found at least one character they instantly adored. Especially Lucario made a big impact, though that may have something to do with the 'genkidama' screams that happend everytime someone neutral a+b'd. Still, the better half of the Player's didn't take it very serious as a competitor to melee for various reasons, the most prominent being the perceived sluggishness that i cannot really relate to apart from shine-shenanigans. All in all though a great success, since i believe in the end we played more P:M than Melee those two days.

Personally I think you guys did an amazing job. I honestly expect that you'll be able to make the final product even more outstanding than this second demo.
There are people playing P:M in Berlin? =O

B0NK

Smash Lord
solution is weight-dependent rage-quit timing for bowser players
I think a solution would be whoever didn't rage-quit gets their victory screen! -_^b

Although I have no clue what coding limitations there might be for knowing which player quit out =P

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I think a solution would be whoever didn't rage-quit gets their victory screen! -_^b

Although I have no clue what coding limitations there might be for knowing which player quit out =P
Actually, this is what Gimpy should do from now one. When his opponent quits, they go back and the opponent SDs four times in a row so Gimpy gets his win screen.

Bones0

Smash Legend
The simple solution is before Gimpy hits start, he should act out the Bowser win screen irl. Of course this may just lead to more quitting out because who wouldn't want to see that?

So I like sonic

But his Side B and down b

are more confusing to me in this game

then they are in brawl lol

how exactly do they work?

What can I do with them?

AND why doesnt every character have a banjo kazooie related skin yet?

+1 To any gimpyfish post

Please and thank you
Side-B is the good one. Down-B is helpful for techchasing because you can run up, dash cancel, down-B, cancel with shield into a grab or aerial. Even then, side-B is still sometimes better because you can't use down-B out of a dash. You have to break into a full run, which for Sonic, is usually a good third of the stage.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Well they should just make it so holding side-B charges the spin dash, and let you cancel that with shield. Then you turn down-B into a new move (preferably the Bounce Bracelet idea I posted earlier). ^_^

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
play the game assuming that no changes can be made and you'll fair a lot better.
otherwise you'll end up like capcom fanboys

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I don't mind when someone quits the match before the end when it's clear that they lost (they're in specialfall on their last stock and I'm on standing the stage) because the game is already over at that point, but I don't like when people call it ragequitting, because it's not. Ragequitting is when you quit in the middle of the match when it was still being played, possibly because you just made a dumb mistake or something. Ending the match when you're frames away from dying is just saving time to get to the next match because the results have already been decided.

Project_M_Noob

Smash Rookie
Do I need to clear VC games off of my SD card to use the hackless method? I know that I have to get rid of stage data from the Wii and SD card, but can the VC games stay?

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
I don't want to sound like a pain, but what kind of changes/buffs are added to Samus?

jalued

Smash Lord
She's not in Demo 2.
I think the general point is: be happy with you has already been released, and help the current metagame rather than spending time speculating

edit: and have faith in what they have done with samus, all the other characters have turned out really well so far (I'm a bit worried about pikachu though, I think axe's current tournament placements had a bit too much influence on their design, but anyway... time will tell)

TheLake

Smash Master
The simple solution is before Gimpy hits start, he should act out the Bowser win screen irl. Of course this may just lead to more quitting out because who wouldn't want to see that?

Side-B is the good one. Down-B is helpful for techchasing because you can run up, dash cancel, down-B, cancel with shield into a grab or aerial. Even then, side-B is still sometimes better because you can't use down-B out of a dash. You have to break into a full run, which for Sonic, is usually a good third of the stage.
Dawwww bones always so helpful

what a guy ;D

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
If you'll notice, ever since the demo came out they've been withholding information about all the other characters. They want us to take a while to discuss and appreciate demo 2 instead of thinking about the full game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom