• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kati

Smash Lord
Is it too soon for tournaments to start popping up? I would love to see some videos.

oksas

oak-sauce
kati: i'm going to an AZ tourney this saturday and will be bringing PM. so. they should start popping up soon :p

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
hi sethlon
Suuup

Waheeeeey, a fellow Texan! I think I've seen you at some of the earlier barlw tournies a couple of times.

Speaking of Texas, WHOBO whatever# should definitely have P:M as a side event...
You may very well have, assuming you've been to some of the hobos like 1-2 years ago. Its been a long time since I've quit brawl.

I'd like to go to WHOBO, but TGM has been pretty adamant about not having melee there, and Project M by itself isn't enough for the trip =/

iLink

Smash Champion
We miiiiiight have it here as a side event for an upcoming tourney, depending on what the majority of the brawl players want. Right now they are slightly leaning towards a vbrawl crew tourney though :/

I'll try to get some replays anyway if we don't get a whole bracket going.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
There's going to be a PM tourney at Smash to the Future in IL this weekend IIRC.

Looks like the tournament scene for PM has a great start right now.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Is Smash Service still going on?
Late as all **** but just in case some people don't know:

Smash service is still distributing. As of mid 2009, they were no longer taking new uploads. As of somewhere in early 2010, they started over, so it's just automatically cycling through the same replay/stage/picture rotation it has for the first 2 years. Actually, if you checked in a little while back, you would've gotten some of the first stages ever put up on the smash service, since it's looped again recently.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
You may very well have, assuming you've been to some of the hobos like 1-2 years ago. Its been a long time since I've quit brawl.

I'd like to go to WHOBO, but TGM has been pretty adamant about not having melee there, and Project M by itself isn't enough for the trip =/
Yeah, I went to a lot of the single-digit ones! I stubbornly mained Link of all characters and didn't understand what I now do about barlw/smash now, so yeah, never placed well lul. I quit about the time WHOBO 1 was around the corner. Had to finally admit to myself that Sakurai made this game as miserable of a competitive game as possible. :(

Yeah, true that; WHOBO wouldn't be worth a trip from Dallas unless P:M AND melee became huge side events. Hopefully TGM will let P:M side tournies slide at our local HOBO's, or someone else will start hosting P:M tournies or something.

D

Deleted member

sometimes people pretend that falco and fox have bad recoveries

ho ho ho
ssb64:
pikachu
kirby
fox

ssbm:
fox
falco
jigglypuff
sheik

ssbb:
metaknight
diddy
snake
falco

the best I got is brawl falco? none of them strike me as particularly bad though.

metroid1117

Smash Master
MaxThunder said:
Isn't diddy's recovery considered pretty ****ty?.. cause i think it is... he's got the bananas, though...
Diddy's recovery isn't bad in my opinion, he can side+B for horizontal distance and it's fairly difficult to beat out his up+B in terms of priority. His up+B is also pretty flexible, considering that it can go off at different angles and different times depending on how long you charge it.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
its brawl his recovery is good if his name isn't link or ganon

there are probably a couple more but i'm not thinking about brawl get out of here with that business lol

MaxThunder

PM Support
ah... i guess my brain had "misplaced" the information about how his recovery works... time to "misplace" it again then=)...

brawl ganon is hilarious, though...

Beorn4200

Smash Apprentice
Ike isn't completely terrible because he hits... so far away...

Link and TL both seem gdlk to me. Link handles grounded characters REALLY well, and it helps that he can CG... a lot of people...
TL just runs away and camps... Makes me wonder why I didn't use YL in Melee...
I'm just gonna go ahead and say ... Link is ****ing nuts... I played all day against a few good people and some meh ones... Did some teams .. ****, Link is amazing... Chain grabs, ridiculous range with obviously edited hitboxes on run attack and fsmash. Crazy *** recovery that almost can't be stopped... Amazing ground game and combos. BOOMERANG... So much spam with bomb pluck- rang- arrows- then approach. I could go on.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
it's always amusing to me when people say Falco's recovery is bad
and that his shortened up-b is some sort of relevant form of balance between them when in general they both get hit in the same way during it

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
<Mahie> I played a few teams with armada on it
<Mahie> He's pleased with how Peach is apparently

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
A lack of difficult to read/react to options, and in some cases a lack of distance

Couch

Smash Cadet
^ Not necessarily so easy anymore due to the change in tether ledge occupancy. But the angle at which they attempt to tether is still rather easily predictable when going for gimps. I personally think Link has got one of the best recoveries now

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Well, most tether-only recoveries are **** because it's braindead easy to guard them.
Yeah, but compare Ivy's consistently somewhat long vine to an olimar with only a couple pikmin. Or better yet, 0 pikmin. dat range

P:M should treat characters with tether recoveries nicely, though, considering ledge occupancy isn't a factor anymore.
Edit: ninja'd

iLink

Smash Champion
Yeah, but compare Ivy's consistently somewhat long vine to an olimar with only a couple pikmin. Or better yet, 0 pikmin. dat range

P:M should treat characters with tether recoveries nicely, though, considering ledge occupancy isn't a factor anymore.
Edit: ninja'd
Ivy's is infinitely worse

Olimar can at least use the hop from his to get more distance. Ivy has absolutely no option as soon as her double jump is used. And the distance is negligible if Olimar has 5 or 6 pikmin (which he should have)

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Xkarux, can you add a On Screen Display to the Lucario TAS video? Similar to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXgpGBbh5r8
omg those things are so cool/ helpful! I mean, not like you can't see it already (in slowmo) but still that button layout thing on screen is awesome! too bad karu said not at the moment... :(

edit: and yeah, i agree. Link is ridiculouslkjikjkljlohdsruyhs :D

Bones0

Smash Legend
Is there any reason Sonic's down-B and side-B were swapped? It seems like a relatively pointless switch, but it completely gets rid of his ability to spin dash pressure out of dash. Not to mention it just feels completely unnatural to go from side to down.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
They weren't swapped... they're different then they were in Brawl but they're certainly not swapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom