• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
The fact that people are debating just about everybody as being top tier means we've done our jobs. So far. :alakadoof:

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
The fact that people are debating just about everybody as being top tier means we've done our jobs. So far. :alakadoof:
If there's anyone who's not top-tier, it's marth and jiggs i would say. All the mid-tiers that jiggs struggled with now have the edge (pikachu, mario, tink, link, etc. Marth was mostly good against spacies.

Youngling

Smash Journeyman
I was being sarcastic about toon Link btw.
If TL is meant to be an on stage character, then do you honestly think his on stage game is anywhere near falcos?

:phone:

kaizo13

Smash Champion
I'm loving Charizard right now i just wish his glide wasn't so limited :(

-it's quite slow, making it very predictable
-you can only glide attack, again, predictable
-can't jump out of glide/no options
-anything out of glide ends in special fall

he may not need any of these options but i would atleast like to see jump out of glide and a faster glide

@ajajajay
Marth not top-tier? cool story

Youngling

Smash Journeyman
I think Falco should be the golden standard in creating on stage characters. When I compare TL to him TL looks like absolute **** honestly

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Having trouble with the "Hackless" method for P:M. All the steps I took:

1. Wiped a 2GB SD Card
2. Ran P:M installer
3. Removed SD card and inserted it into the Wii
4. Booted up Wii and booted up Brawl through the wii menu
5. Selected "Stage Creator" on the menu
6. Opened the data on the SD card, and either get
a) Never ending loading screen, circle thing spinning and the system no longer responds to controller input
b) Freezes and usually holds out some sort of high pitched sound (probably whatever the last note was played in the menu music).

I suspect the SD card I have is either formatted incorrectly or the SD card is the wrong type (http://i.imgur.com/iwuSO.jpg).

Front of SD card says:
2GB
Dane-Elec

Back:
SD M02C
0807 SP5876V
Made in Taiwan

Any help would be appreciated.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Jumping into the "X is gonna be top tier" discussions that have been coming up since the demo came out, who else thinks that Ike will be?
Ike's got his ups and downs. Definitely one of the toughest punishers and has some really powerful, long-reaching moves but he (obviously) doesn't have any projectiles/anti-projectile tools, nor does he have any moves that come out quickly in the air outside of bair.

To me, everyone is good; Link just seems a bit better.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Melee Hit SFX

This doesn't include swing sounds so Marth still sounds super dainty when he swings his sword, but this is overall the most complete package as it uses all of Melee's hit SFX even though there are still more Brawl SFX that this doesn't replace (notably the HRB's hits and Ike's sword). You'll need to download the most recent version of sawndz, but it should take you little to no time to figure out. It's very easy to use.

EDIT: There's no swing SFX yet. After using sawndz and seeing how simple it is to setup, I might try doing those myself sometime this weekend.
how do you install this kind of thing for hackless?

I was being sarcastic about toon Link btw.
If TL is meant to be an on stage character, then do you honestly think his on stage game is anywhere near falcos?

I actually agree.
While I LOVE ToonLink's new up-b, when Shadic said, "He's kinda like falco! Great on-stage game with a bad recovery :)" I kinda felt like, "Well, does that mean his onstage game is supposed to be better than Falco's? Because his recovery is worse than falco's..." And I still kinda think that. Toonlink doesn't have the same capabilities as falco does, and yet, falco has a better (although more predictable and easily gimpable recovery). I guess it's just cuz it's easier to edgeguard falco since he's a fast-faller and toonlink can throw a bomb while recovering to distract edgeguarders. Plus, TLink has the option of doubling his vertical distance with a bomb-jump.

Still, all in all- Toonlink vs Falco in terms of onstage game still easily goes to falco. Not that there is much you could do about it without butchering his awesome new up-b :(

D

Deleted member

i maintain that ike is garbage.

the only characters that is blatantly tops to me is jigglypuff. i also think mario is quite good in a less obvious way.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
That's what I've been saying the whole time.

I wanted to at least wait until I played the game for a week before joining the debate. :cool:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
how do you install this kind of thing for hackless?
You can't. The File Patch Code was never updated past the last working version that PW left us so Riivolution is the only way to replace the .brsar file.

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
@ajajajay
Marth not top-tier? cool story
I don't know. I don't remember marth doing well against any top/high/mid tiers in melee except fox, falco, peach, and samus. And now all those other characters have received generous buffs, while marth has received nothing (except some nonsense reverse ledge-grabbing action). But I'll wait and see =)

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Ike isn't completely terrible because he hits... so far away...

Link and TL both seem gdlk to me. Link handles grounded characters REALLY well, and it helps that he can CG... a lot of people...
TL just runs away and camps... Makes me wonder why I didn't use YL in Melee...

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Would Ike's recovery be too good if he could still use Aether after Quick Draw? I mean, the point of QD being able to wall jump out of is to use Aether immediately after and is probably his only saving grace when it comes to stages with walled ledges.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I suppose the issue there is if they pressure a QD release through edgeguarding.

To be honest, I don't have enough experience with all of the different recovery scenarios Ike can get into and I already have a problem with playing Super Theory Bros. as is.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Would Ike's recovery be too good if he could still use Aether after Quick Draw? I mean, the point of QD being able to wall jump out of is to use Aether immediately after and is probably his only saving grace when it comes to stages with walled ledges.
On some stages like Yoshi's Island, he'd be able to recover from virtually any distance. IMO that's a luxury that should be reserved for people with truly horrendous upB's (D3) or squishiness (jiggs).

Sadly I have no buff ideas for him. Nyoron~
...yeah, I'm in the middle of watching Nyoron Churuya-san...I'm not sure why yet...

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Waheeeeey, a fellow Texan! I think I've seen you at some of the earlier barlw tournies a couple of times.

Speaking of Texas, WHOBO whatever# should definitely have P:M as a side event...

Vigilante

Smash Lord
<Vigilante>: PMBR official rules are Hanenbow only, counterpick Flat Zone 2
<standardtoaster>: Vigilante: oh god yes

Jokes aside, I'be been working on an awesome PR Project; you'll see the results once I get everything polished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom