• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

XkaruX

Smash Apprentice
Reposting link for anyone who missed it: http://youtu.be/PI97S0XeU5A

Hahaha this is so epic. Thanks for making this! Look forward to future TASes =)
Heheh, thanks. I think I'm gonna do more short videos like this one this weekend.

Xkarux, you should do a TAS of a more technically interesting character next, like Lucario! :D
It's probably gonna be either Lucario or Ike, but yeah I had fun making this, specially because it's new stuff and there aren't many combos recorded/discovered yet =)

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Hey, P:M Crew. I'm very glad you decided to include not one, not two, but 3 Riivolution options. Thanks a ton.

Anyone have any cool combo videos or matches yet, or is it too soon to ask? I've already seen the TAS wolf video.

shanus

Smash Hero
Reposting link for anyone who missed it: http://youtu.be/PI97S0XeU5A

Heheh, thanks. I think I'm gonna do more short videos like this one this weekend.

It's probably gonna be either Lucario or Ike, but yeah I had fun making this, specially because it's new stuff and there aren't many combos discovered performed/discovered yet =)
Lucario please!

Video was awesome.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
http://media.photobucket.com/image/...um%20Stuff/Stage%20Pictures/RainbowCruise.jpg

Yesterday as Marth, while wavedashing, I air-dodged through the left side of that white rounded platform that is directly above the front of the boat in that image and plummeted to my death. Also, I can consistently Up-B through the bottom side of the front of the boat on Pirate Ship or whatever that stage is called when I'm Captain Falcon (haven't tried with other characters, and for all I know that's intentional and is how it always was).

For what it's worth, I'm especially fond of Toon Link, Pit, and Mario, but there are many others that I want to experiment more with. Good stuff. If I didn't have like 30 pages to write for various papers this weekend, Project M is pretty much all I'd do.

B0NK

Smash Lord
^^^Those are stage specific characteristics

Has nothing to do with the mod lol, those things are possible in vBrawl except instead of wavedashing through, you can be thrown through the white round platform on RC =P

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Wow, that video alone made me want to try some Wolf. As soon as I actually get the chance to play this, he'll be one of the first characters I try out.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Is there a coding reason that the nonplayable characters can't jump in solo events?

Or is this just a big middle finger to any hackers trying to import characters into versus?

JOE!

Smash Hero
Uhm... 1 bug and 2 possible bugs:

1) While playing on dreamland vs Mario CPU, he all of a sudden whipped out his FLUDD, but only for one match. (I went on mario right after and did down B, it was the tornado)

2) Pressing up while sonic spindashes doesnt have him "jump" with it anymore, not sure if intentional / because I have tap jump off / or just something on my end / I'm just not used to it lol.

3) Similar to 2, whenever I do a shine I cant "tap" it, and pressing it has it linger a moment unless I JC, not sure if it was like this in melee, but I'm used to being able to do a "quick" shine (on both fox/wolf) from brawl.. again, probably just me.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I'll do it tonight. I hope you have a lot of room on your SD card though, because my songlist is over a gig.

:phone:
Thanks a TON JC! I owe you one! :)
I have a standard 2gig SD card for project:m. Is that fine?

-OH. damn, didn't you do something with all your SSE cutscenes so you could have more room for music or something??? Won't that mean I'll have to do the same thing? Or am I mistaken? :O

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Apparently, if Charizard's shield gets broken, he can Down B glide before he lands on solid ground to avoid the stun entirely.

I haven't checked yet, but this may hold true for Pit's Side B glide, as well.

Daa

Smash Rookie
I've just loaded the second Demo and I think i love all it's creators <3
Seriously this **** is damn good.

Ecks

Smash Lord
i miss pressing b for getup attack. Ness's djc has a bit of upward momentum??, or am i just not performing it correctly?
That seems to be the case when you cancel the jump about halfway through. It works like melee when you cancel the move very shortly after the input (note that I haven't played melee in a long time so I may be wrong about this lol).

-OH. damn, didn't you do something with all your SSE cutscenes so you could have more room for music or something??? Won't that mean I'll have to do the same thing? Or am I mistaken? :O
Nah, that's an iso editing thing. He was trying to clear up some space in his disc. You can put as many songs as your SD let's you.

jalued

Smash Lord
Apparently, if Charizard's shield gets broken, he can Down B glide before he lands on solid ground to avoid the stun entirely.

haha you are right. Its pretty awesome, but should probably get fixed :p

Pit can't do it though so no worry there

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
i miss pressing b for getup attack. Ness's djc has a bit of upward momentum??, or am i just not performing it correctly?
Thanks for letting us know about B not doing get up attack. Ness has the ability to use Melee's DJC and Brawl's rising DJC. You used Brawl's rising DJC.

That would be for trimming the size of his brawl ISO on his usb drive, if he usb loads and puts songs into the iso. If you want to discuss this further, take it to IRC or PMs please.

Thank you for letting us know. Pit cannot sideB from the shield break animation.

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
Just want to say that this mod is sick. Lucas' combo game feels so natural, and his down b is just flat out sexy when you combo it into a djc aerial

Oh, also there are some issues with wall detection when moving around sloped surfaces. Under FoD, a lot of character's recoveries won't actually ride the wall, they'll just stop as if they hit a ceiling. Same goes for wavedashing up slopes. You get less distance when in melee you get more.

Ecks

Smash Lord
wavedashing on slopes is a know issue. It's way better now then it was in the first demo, that's for sure.

Also, "Play without buffer. Recommended for real men." Oh, you guys <3

cmart

Smash Lord
2) Pressing up while sonic spindashes doesnt have him "jump" with it anymore, not sure if intentional / because I have tap jump off / or just something on my end / I'm just not used to it lol.
This is a tap jump issue. You can either use the jump button, or turn tap jump on.

Speaking of inputs and too lazy to add an account to smashmods...
c-stick down activates a dash attack while in melee it never did that.

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
i like moonwalk to cstick for a dash attack. definitely situational, slide backwards to then go forwards.

i think it'll only ever come in handy for snake or sonic, though. now i'm wondering if moonwalk into DACUS is possible.

Edit:
moonwalk into dacus is possible at any point during the slideback animation, but doesn't have any real utility except for surprise.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Nah, that's an iso editing thing. He was trying to clear up some space in his disc. You can put as many songs as your SD let's you.
That would be for trimming the size of his brawl ISO on his usb drive, if he usb loads and puts songs into the iso. If you want to discuss this further, take it to IRC or PMs please.
Ah! I see. Thanks, guys. I hope my SD card has enough room for 1gig of music!

..MAY have to remove some textures I just downloaded.. lol

iLink

Smash Champion
If we removed that, DACUS would essentially be even harder to do.
I've always done dacus with c-stick forward. Mostly because if you mess up the input, getting a fsmash with most characters is usually better then their dsmash.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
You'd have to unzip the texture pack and go inside its folder and inside there are likely character folders. Go into your SD Card and do the following:[collapse=awesomeness]

Open up your private folder, then inside there is the wii folder, open that, then inside there is RSBE, open that, then inside there is pf, open that up, then inside there are several folders. The one you want to care about is called 'fighter'.

Open the fighter folder and you should see the same character folders as you do in the texture pack (the texture pack may even be set up with the same folder structure as described above). In each character folder are the necessary character files for the PM changes to the characters.

So go back to the texture pack folder and open up the character folder you want. You should see some files like FitCharacter00.pcs and FitCharacter00.pac, the digits represent the color they replace (there's tutorials on this stuff where all of this is labeled out for you, I'm just giving you the basics). So you would take the above two files, ignoring any MotionEtc files you see inside those folders, and stick them in the respectice character folder you see on your SD Card.

Basically, anymore inquiries you have about textures should be directed to here (actually, more or less, just read that guide).

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE OVERWRITE WHOLE CHARACTER FOLDERS. THEY WILL REVERT TO VBRAWL.

Thank you.[/collapse]
Ok, so then how could you replace a texture of a single character in the hackless method? The same way? Just curious.

kaizo13

Smash Champion

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Don't know why but Riivolution decided to load up Project M properly today. ****ing awesome and I'm having a blast.

Also, really wish I had a TV recorder on me because I'm doing the taunt challenge with Marth.

minaminaminaminaminaminaminaminaminaminaminaminamina

Wolfy!

Indecisive
Don't know why but Riivolution decided to load up Project M properly today. ****ing awesome and I'm having a blast.

Also, really wish I had a TV recorder on me because I'm doing the taunt challenge with Marth.

minaminaminaminaminaminaminaminaminaminaminaminamina
How many taunt cancels have you gotten so far (in a row)? :o

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Can Pikachu cancel his Up-b into his other specials when moving along the ground? Pretty sure this has nothing to do with QAC, as I'm not jumping at any point. Its cool as hell, tho.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Go on craigslist.com and see what you can find! :) Remember to get a white, 1st gen wii. NOT a black one, cuz it isn't backwards compatible with GC for some STUPID reason! Therefore, the black wii has no GC controller ports- SO DON'T BUY IT! :)
There were black original Wiis. The non-GCN one is a different model, called the "family edition". It sits horizontally and doesn't have any controller ports. The black version of the old model still plays Gamecube games, but doesn't work with Gamecube backups (that might be what you were thinking of). It's still best to get an original white one, because they work with everything.

I already had this downloaded... what was "broken" about it? lol
The difference is whatever the PMBR changed between demo1 and demo2. I don't know if there were any boundary or collision edits, but at the very least, the demo2 version has the improved camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom