• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I'm having a little trouble wavedashing with Marth in this, despite being able to do it pretty effortlessly in Melee. It might be the fact that I'm playing on an HD tv through component instead of a CRT through composite, but I think I've played Melee on this set up before and never had an issue...

Is the timing slightly different, or did I gain instant rust after not playing for a week?

Revven

FrankerZ
I'm having a little trouble wavedashing with Marth in this, despite being able to do it pretty effortlessly in Melee. It might be the fact that I'm playing on an HD tv through component instead of a CRT through composite, but I think I've played Melee on this set up before and never had an issue...

Is the timing slightly different, or did I gain instant rust after not playing for a week?
Read the known issues, the frame 1 difference affects air dodges which in turn affects wavedashes/wavelands. HD TV can definitely have an affect too.

Couch

Smash Cadet
Same here, regarding marth.. I love the feel of the swordsmen in general. So many tricks available with quickdraw it's insane, the little intricacies really make him.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Hmm, well, I figured muscle memory would serve me enough that wavedashing would work, even if there was lag from the TV. I'll go ahead and move my setup to see if that changes things.

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
Why does it feel like Link's WD and DAC have been shortened? Is it just me?

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Played for quite some time.

Project M is looking good ♪. Posted my impressions on the PM boards, but damn I only scratched the surface. And its a ****ing DEMO to boot...

Oldeeber

Smash Cadet
im having a really hard time dealing with ike. he just destroys me, seems to have no weakness, and i dont know how to stop his recovery as any character other than caping with mario. help please. and how do u do the rising cyclone with luigi off stage?

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
^ how exactly is a DACUS performed?
I've been doing it by pressing down on the C-stick to do the dash attack then immediately following with Up on the analog stick + Z. The window is incredibly tight and I've only been able to do it with wario and Ganon so far, but you'll know when you've done it correctly.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You might want to practice SH Laser Wavelanding a bit.
Explain to me why something this difficult to do consistently is superior to either land cancelling lasers. If you have to put in ten times the effort to get the same effect, you'd expect an upside to it in a balanced game. I fail to see one.

I like Wolf trying to be different and all. I was one of the people heavily advocating for Wolf to be different when I was in PMBR, but so much more work for no gain is simply a poor design decision. It's not even one extra button press that's easy like L-cancelling, it's one extremely carefully timed (3-frame window, max? less if your Laser is delayed by anything >.>) button press that's a mediocre sidegrade from Falco and Fox's relatively easy laser cancels. Either the AD needs to be available to be done much, much earlier or Wolf plain needs to get Land cancelled Lasers.

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
Seriously, was Link's friction increased? I use DAC a lot for comboing and I liked his longer wavedash and I really want to know if it's just me or not.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Explain to me why something this difficult to do consistently is superior to either land cancelling lasers. If you have to put in ten times the effort to get the same effect, you'd expect an upside to it in a balanced game. I fail to see one.

I like Wolf trying to be different and all. I was one of the people heavily advocating for Wolf to be different when I was in PMBR, but so much more work for no gain is simply a poor design decision. It's not even one extra button press that's easy like L-cancelling, it's one extremely carefully timed (3-frame window, max? less if your Laser is delayed by anything >.>) button press that's a mediocre sidegrade from Falco and Fox's relatively easy laser cancels. Either the AD needs to be available to be done much, much earlier or Wolf plain needs to get Land cancelled Lasers.
...Are you not aware of the additional utility that Wolf gets from the fact that he's wavelanding out of his lasers?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
...Are you not aware of the additional utility that Wolf gets from the fact that he's wavelanding out of his lasers?
This ^^

The (honestly relatively small) added difficulty results in an unpredictable movement out of shooting a projectile. This is 10x better than only being able to land, and it is only a bit harder. Seriously just take the time to learn it and you will never miss it. I could maybe see an argument for it being too good for how easy it is, but the other way around really makes me facepalm.

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999

You know, I have the tech skill of a quadruple amputee, and I managed to do his laser waveland on my first try. And the try after that. <_<

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Are you not aware that Fox and Falco's Laser landing lags are just as fractionally small as Wavedashing, and carry enough momentum on landing that they actually have Waveland like utility? And Said lasers can actually get low enough to hit crouchers? This is obviously a lot more relevant for Falco, but the point still stands.

You're essentially losing hitting some crouchers and the ability to actually hit the landing half the time for about three more inches of movement. It's a sidegrade at best AND is much, much more difficult to use.

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
Lucas seems to have the most lenient DACUS timing, and boy is it helpful for landing the move.

On another note, KingClubber, you should keep an archive of any AI changes you make. I added in your first Sheik patch right before you made the second lol. I'd love to see what else you bring to the table in the future, and don't want to miss those files if they get updated down the line and i pass them over in the thread.

Also, besides brawlcustommusic.com, anybody know any sites with an outrageous selection of brstms to choose from?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
While it hasn't been updated in a while, the Custom Music thread on this forum has a lot although a good deal of it can be found on brawlcustommusic.

You can also search Brawl Vault but the format for finding music is pretty bad.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
You're essentially losing hitting some crouchers and the ability to actually hit the landing half the time for about three more inches of movement. It's a sidegrade at best AND is much, much more difficult to use.
...So your issue is... Wolf's lasers aren't as easy and braindead as Falco's.

I think we did our job.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Is it intentional for Ike to face backwards when trying to cancel his QD by wavedashing backwards? I honestly felt like I had vBrawl's buffer on when I tried it, like when the original wavedashing code first came out waaaaaaaaaaay back and characters would turn around after wavedashing backwards because of the buffer.

It does appear if I let go of the control stick right after inputting the backwards wavedash, I can manage to make him face the front, but it's pretty hard to do.

Oldeeber

Smash Cadet
any1 have any tactics for beating ike? he literally ***** me every single time. i cant gimp him either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom