• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
There was a Norfair: M that was made many months ago, but it was an incomplete stage without hazards and such. Basically a WIP, so we have included vBrawl Norfair instead.
Oh okay. Well I definitely look forward to playing the final version then. Are there any other stages that are going to be redesigned to be more competitively playable (A.K.A. less hazardous)? I feel like the Ice Climbers stage would be great if the stage didn't move and your character didn't slide on the ice.

Revven

FrankerZ
Oh okay. Well I definitely look forward to playing the final version then. Are there any other stages that are going to be redesigned to be more competitively playable (A.K.A. less hazardous)? I feel like the Ice Climbers stage would be great if the stage didn't move and your character didn't slide on the ice.
Maybe, we're not at a point where we can specifically say. So for now, just enjoy the stages we have made pretty viable and better. :)

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I have a weird issue I hope someone can help me with. I went into the stage builder like normal today and noticed I somehow received a stage. I can't delete it since it was downloaded, and if I go directly to the sd card it freezes the game. Do I need to delete my save file or is there a work around to this?

Revven

FrankerZ
I have a weird issue I hope someone can help me with. I went into the stage builder like normal today and noticed I somehow received a stage. I can't delete it since it was downloaded, and if I go directly to the sd card it freezes the game. Do I need to delete my save file or is there a work around to this?
Yes, turn off the Smash Service by going into your options on WiFi. Then, change your Wii's clock forward in time, it'll be gone.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Why are there so many stage .PAC files? I wanted to use the Lost Wood texture but I don't want to mess anything up by replacing the file that's currently there.

Vanguard

Smash Cadet
@trojanpooh
Lost Woods is a collabed texture on brawl vault.
You can expect to see a projectm version of the hack soon.

Couch

Smash Cadet
Man you guys have done such an AMAZING job with this demo. I'm ecstatic. I really love how unique and natural all the champs feel, right now I'm debating between exploring Ike, Wario, and Pit as a main. They're all too amazing

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Love Snake's new fsmash, but still not crazy about Tink's recovery.
Why can't you guys keep the old distance but keep the new move at the same time?
It doesn't just hinder his recovery, it also hinders his gimping ability, you can't drop as low to nair gimp as before, which will be necessary in MUs Tink will have a hard time with (Fox, Falco, Marth, Sheik, etc).

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
every character does not get every possible tool

64 tlink recovery and combo finisher REALLY helped balance him out a lot

he went through some seriously broken phases and this helped in so so so so many ways not just to balance but to make him a billion times more fun

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Quick question: Why does the CPU shield at the same time as the player in training mode?
Also, what's the trick to properly using Ike's ultimate side-B? I'm pressing A, but I can't get it right... Is A even the right button?

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
In what ways was he broken before?
He still got wrecked by Marth, Fox, Falco and Sheik even with his old recovery.
The way you speak you're promising those MUs will be 60:40 at worst, which I highly doubt.
For that to make sense the combo finisher MUST compensate for the lack of recovery and gimping ability.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
it would be really difficult to speak on toon links balance progression up to this point

he required a LOT of balancing, i dont mean from like demo 1 build was too good or brawl build or meleefied toon link was too good

it would really just be unexplainable lol

just trust us

he's tight - we're not completely done balancing everyone on earth though of course haha

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman
Quick question: Why does the CPU shield at the same time as the player in training mode?
Also, what's the trick to properly using Ike's ultimate side-B? I'm pressing A, but I can't get it right... Is A even the right button?
Try tapping up with your control stick and try some stuff.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
It would help if you explained what specifically got balanced by nerfing his recovery?
Offensively he's the same as with his old closed alpha recovery which was identical to Young Link's aside from the combo finisher.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
also toon links recovery is still quite good, bomb jumping with uuhhh whatever the brawl tech is called tossing is buff

also no, no he is not the same offensively

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Every one of his aerials and smash attacks is identical to what they were back in September, I find him the same offensively.
Like I said, the combo finisher is the only difference.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
toon link is buff LOL thats all i got man

he does not need all his current tools plus a ridiculous stupd fly over the entire stage because i'm a slow ugly brawl character recovery

iLink

Smash Champion
Toon link's upb is fine. At first I thought I would hate it but its really manageable.

The 2 characters I'm having trouble getting used to are Wario and Charizard. Wario mostly because I have to remember he plays totally different from brawl.

Charizard on the other hand, I feel like he has no real valid approach. Getting wrecked by falco and marth while using him.

Renji64

Smash Lord
Im enjoying this demo it is a big difference from demo 1 the speed amazed me it felt really like melee. I wasn't a pro melee player so learning how to wave dash is hard for me and doing advance techs but im gonna learn it is fun. Idk how to use lucario lol but im loving this demo thanks alot.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
BRLNK88:
if you think TL sucks then show us and we'll probably address it before the next release. there's only so much we can do with internal playtesting; for the most part we feel we've done a good job in balancing the game, but part of the point of this was so the public's playtesting can help us ascertain balance issues. it's a bit absurd that you're finding issues with balance day 1 however, before the character even has a competitive metagame. I suggest that you get more experience using Toon Link and see if your opinion changes.

rd on the other hand, I feel like he has no real valid approach. Getting wrecked by falco and marth while using him.
Approaching falco is like a universal thing. Use platforms or powershield.
Marth, get him to swing his sword and miss.

If any character gets hit they sort of get comboed.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
So just playing the demo while typing this, I dont think the 1-player in vs works.

I get 3..2..1.. then it immediatly says game. I dont care as its the demo, but just so you know the 1p in vs doesnt work.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
lol, I've been using the new Toon Link (with his even worse recovery) against competitive Melee players since January, I doubt my opinion will change.
But yes, now that its released to the public the extended playtesting will help elucidate things.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
1) It's just a thing with the light press code.
2) You have to be /inside/ the opponent and hit A (or B?) AND have the sideB charged up for like 3 seconds so when you travel it does fire damage. It's insanely hard to hit with because the timing is extremely hard, you have to charge it for a long time, etc. It's a OHKO that's worth it if you can pull it off though lol

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
There has not been a public release in over a year, and not one with Toon Link in it, so that's impossible.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'm sure this was answered when Demo1 was released, but why did you guys choose to swap Ganon's <100 ledge attack with his >100 ledge attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom