• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lil T

Smash Journeyman
Lucario, Bowser, and Charizard.

Lucario because I mained him in Brawl, I love his design and his new Project M gameplay looks awesome.

Bowser and Charizard because I always liked playing "big" characters, they've just been beyond terrible in Smash until now.
Charizard is not "Big"

He just has so much Swag he seems "Big"

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
A fanmade game not being released quickly enough?

First world problems.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I'm gonna go for Bowser. I've always liked him, despite how terrible he's been. And the individual trainer pokemon. and Peach.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
"Wah, I make empty promises."

"Wah, I can't give you an idea of what's up."

Seriously, would it have been so bad to say, "Yo, you guys can go to bed, it's not a midnight release, we've still gotta do stuff."

Would it have been impossible to say around midday, "Yo, don't worry about it. We'll be releasing it laaaaaaaate tonight, so don't be freaking out about it."
We've said several times to not expect it until evening. It's 7PM here.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
I dunno, though. I really really really really love Falcon in every way possible.

But P:M is making me rethink everything cuz all the characters look awesome and super fun to play. All I can really say for sure is, I can't WAIT to try out Lucario.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
I'll be playin R.O.B., Sonic, and Falcon.

All that needs to happen now is for the Clone engine to be fixed for Mewtwo and I would be perfectly content character wise.
What is this Clone Engine I keep hearing about?
How will it help Project M?

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Going with my earlier prediction of 11 on the west, I'mma go play some DFO till it's closer to then. Later ya'll.

Edit: P:M Keep doin' what you're doin'.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Technically, Charizard isn't a dragon.
He's a giant ferocious flying fire-breathing lizard. There's a difference!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Why all the whining about whining guys? Let people say what they want in between the usual memes and childish obsession with pokemon. Why ruin their fun? :awesome:
I will tolerate none of the hate on Pokemon, and I generally like EVERYONE. But that's just not cool. :glare: All the more reason to main Charizard...so freakin' excited, but I got things to do, so the wait's not so hard.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Basically it allows for the creation of an exact clone of a character and editing that into the new character. It's the only way of adding new characters without replacing an existing one.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
Basically it allows for the creation of an exact clone of a character and editing that into the new character. It's the only way of adding new characters without replacing an existing one.
Is there a link to a thread where I can research this further?
This sound like "stem-cell" research...WHY ARE WE NOT SUPPORTING THIS!?!?!?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Clone Engine is the system that will allow us to add new additional slots to the character select screen and have them be fully functional character that are not dependent on their base characters. Right now, the only way to use a hack like Roy is to replace Marth entirely. The Clone Engine would allow us to have Marth and Roy at the same time and let them both be selected in the same match so they could fight each other.

If the Clone Engine ever gets completed, then the PMBR may start to make "official" versions of some of the missing Melee characters for P:M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom