• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
Ike's current Nair is only good when you fast fall it to confirm from the front part of the hitbox into a jab otherwise it's a pretty ****ty move with very low hitstun and too much lag to benefit from anywhere else. A sex kick would just invalidate the need for Ike's current nair as it can do what nair does and more. Sometimes the most simple of designs is the best. Plus he looks goofy swinging his sword like that.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
umbreonmow: i think PM is mostly great, i'd say probably 98% correct

All the validation we ever needed.

D

Deleted member

umbreonmow: i think PM is mostly great, i'd say probably 98% correct

All the validation we ever needed.
I thought that was evident when all my suggested changes were very minor ones? So far I've only asked you guys to change wario side B and squirtle/rob's natural resistance to the opponent's offense. I never asked for like, "change your physics engine" or anything that would take more than 5 minutes of editing the code.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I did tweak ROB based on Umbreon's suggestions btw. I don't think I've played him 1v1 since then though.

D

Deleted member

i'm pretty sure you'd win anyway. i haven't been feeling it lately, not sure why.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
Almost march

I know y'all said by the end of march, but aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I needs to play now.

Just curious, what's the current issue that's keeping y'all from just making public your working version to us your loyal fans?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I'm almost finished watching stuff from the Legionfest tournament.

Is it just me or does Sheik's Dthrow (actually, all of her throws) look sped up? I'm used to the "boom(throw) boom(leg drop)" and when I watched the vids of Ryoko playing her, it seemed like one motion.

cmart, why didn't you ever use bowser's regular grab? People were running into your shield all day and you kept getting jab into other stuff.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
That build of Sheik had a dthrow/bthrow mixup (hence the speedup) instead of slightly nerfed NTSC dthrow. Everything else should be normal Melee speed.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Makes sense, thanks JC.

How does that build seem compared to the nerfed NTSC dthrow? Was it something you guys just wanted to try out or is it something that might be a bit more substantial for her? Sheik's game already seems pretty good, so the mixup on the throws kinda seems like a bit of a buff. I saw the JC usmash on Bowser out of bthrow, but I do understand that Bowser is huge so that shouldn't be that much of a stretch.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
yeah, but that's no reason for him not to be just as good of a character as anyone else in the game.
...what? I was saying I think it's weird the child is faster and stronger than the adult

he's a smaller character, the most logical traits to assist being small are being lighter weight and faster moving. That alone will make him better at combo'ing than adult Link. Also, plenty of stuff in the game already doesn't make sense:
Nintendo logic at it's best I guess, I like a little spice of reality lol

He's spry, youthful, and carrying about 400 pounds less of equipment. :awesome:
Awesome logic there, doesn't Link make the items smaller or something, like a magic pocket? Or was that from that horrible zelda cartoon...

lol stop hatin on toonlink brah, relax. :D
I'm relaxed, I just don't like him, I think he's the worst thing that's happened to Zelda pretty much, though that's also not saying a lot since all Zelda games are very well constructed

Oh, okay.

I completely disagree.
That's fine, I just thought it was very strange seeing an opinion like yours, have yet to meet a person in real life that liked Wind Waker or anything about it

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Makes sense, thanks JC.

How does that build seem compared to the nerfed NTSC dthrow? Was it something you guys just wanted to try out or is it something that might be a bit more substantial for her? Sheik's game already seems pretty good, so the mixup on the throws kinda seems like a bit of a buff. I saw the JC usmash on Bowser out of bthrow, but I do understand that Bowser is huge so that shouldn't be that much of a stretch.
^This

PAL dthrow doesn't affect Sheik all that much considering her PAL tier listing. I think its a minor, necessary tweak because it is slightly gamebreaking for non-fastfallers who get auto combo'd by dthrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom