• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Can someone fill me in on what the plans are for TLink? It looks like he's gonna be the N64 version of link what with his UpB distance, dashA, Fsmash.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
Are we allowed to know which characters will will be in the 2nd demo?

:phone:
personally, I think they ALL will be in I don't see any point of just including a few characters like last time.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Are we allowed to know which characters will will be in the 2nd demo?
We've hinted at the roster, but we're not likely to give a specific list until closer to the release date.
Can someone fill me in on what the plans are for TLink? It looks like he's gonna be the N64 version of link what with his UpB distance, dashA, Fsmash.
Toon Link is a mix of Brawl Toon Link, Smash 64 Link, and Young Link.

He has Young Link's arrows but better, a very useful boomerang, dash attack has the starting angle of Young Link's from Melee, (which was very good) and the sex-properties of Link64's.

We've mixed him into a very interesting/creative character. He feels more more unique than either of the Link clones have in Melee/Brawl, and he's quite fun.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
Not sure if trolling...
not trolling, I'm serious :glare:
I mean c'mon! What's the excuse?
Brawl+, BB ect. had NO problems using every character in their development builds, this is no different.
Only when they deem the build ready for a revision then we got a changelist for everything...it just seems weird that they would keep the formula of "teaspoon feeding" us with such a small cast.

King Luigi 128

Smash Cadet
magusfest, you say?
A festival of wizardry and apathy.
Boy oh boy do I want to attend!
Not with that attitude you won't. :troll:

On a much better note, I'm trying to get Xenoblade via USBLoader. +1?

buy the game. :|
Yea seriously, don't be stupid... buy (or better yet, pre-order) the game! :glare:

Forcing Riivolution limits our overall audience, and a fairly significant amount of our players actually use the hackless method.
You do realize that it's possible to use both Riivolution and the "hack-less" method at the same time right?
(Both methods require the use of an original disc too.. so all that's needed are a few minor file changes.)

My SD card is a 4GB though.. Might be what's causing the problem..
Yep thats the problem, the wii cant read SD cards larger than 2GB.
Well, the Wii can read SD cards over 2GB using Riivolution, but that's another matter entirely.
...... :facepalm:

If your System Menu is 4.0 (or higher), the Wii can use SDHC Cards (from 4 to 32GB)!
The problem is that Brawl can't use them.. (it was released long before the 4.0 update)!

(Even though the Wii has always been able to read them..
Nintendo has kept that ability locked until that update.
So any disc-based game made before 'March 25, 2009' won't
be able to recognize SDHC Cards as something useable.)

I swear this stuff should be fairly common knowledge by now.

Nook. I have work.

Wtf is a nook. I meant noooo.

Woah ho ho ho ho ho! You are having a joke!
Surely you know I am the wonderful Tom Nook, yes?

Revven

FrankerZ
not trolling, I'm serious :glare:
I mean c'mon! What's the excuse?
Brawl+, BB ect. had NO problems using every character in their development builds, this is no different.
Only when they deem the build ready for a revision then we got a changelist for everything...it just seems weird that they would keep the formula of "teaspoon feeding" us with such a small cast.
This has been explained before.

The reason not all characters are included from the get-go is because if we did so, players who do not follow this thread or any PM info at all, will get the impression those characters included (who are not finished by any stretch of the imagination) are set in stone and that is how they will play in the final game.

Yes, I'm serious. People do easily believe such things. Melee players especially so, and that can "condemn" the project if say, a character like Olimar is shoved in the demo 2 "just because" even though he's not at all complete and plays pretty much like Brawl Olimar. It would throw off the whole notion that the game is balanced when you have a character unfinished as him running around, wrecking everyone else because lots of things about him are nowhere near as polished (things like hitboxes, rolls, grab range, playstyle, and so on). It gives the wrong impression, a demo is supposed to show off what we have mostly completed. Not give out everything and then have people coming out of it with a sour experience because the people they played with tried a character that was very clearly incomplete.

And simply stating who is incomplete or not touched doesn't change anything, as 90% of people don't take the time to read anything. People just want to play.

Brawl+ and those other mods? Huge difference. They were public beta, they were far different and honestly, a lot of what was going on then was experimenting and toying around with things way too much, with a really small audience that understood what was going on and was mostly okay with X character not being finished or having anything done. Not to mention, the lack of any way to restrict characters from player usage anyway (not that they had any reason to hide or hold back characters).

I'm sorry you might not agree with us on it, but it's for the best. When we want our game to appeal to a broader audience, we can't have unfinished characters running around in a public demo that anyone can play as that doesn't help us get any sort of "feedback", all that does is show us that "yeah we know X unfinished character is dumb against X character, because the unfinished character is... not finished."

You don't gain anything by being able to play as Olimar, as... there's nothing exciting about him that would make you want to play him, he is by and large a character that is 95% Brawl. Sacrificing the balance in demo 2 so you can play a character as unfinished as Olimar doesn't help spread the game around, it only hurts its popularity as people will mock it, take what we've released at face value as what we are "sticking with" for whenever the final release is.

One of the points of a demo is to gain interest in the game. Another point is to gauge "how we're doing" with said game, and including characters who we've barely worked on does not fall under either point. In the end, we're deciding what we deem is necessary to be in the next demo and we've made up our mind on how we're handling these releases already.

I hope you understand and can look forward to whatever we put out, regardless of the size of the content.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
We've hinted at the roster, but we're not likely to give a specific list until closer to the release date.
Toon Link is a mix of Brawl Toon Link, Smash 64 Link, and Young Link.

He has Young Link's arrows but better, a very useful boomerang, dash attack has the starting angle of Young Link's from Melee, (which was very good) and the sex-properties of Link64's.

We've mixed him into a very interesting/creative character. He feels more more unique than either of the Link clones have in Melee/Brawl, and he's quite fun.
Yeah, he is really nice, the Up B is really good, Multihit in ground and a Ko move in air.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
For God's sake, felipe. We already discussed that you're not supposed to talk about the leak that you shouldn't even have in the first place.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Wow, are you kidding? I seriously just saw the youtube link you had.

And don't play dumb. You used to go on endlessly about stuff from the leaked version you had and you even posted several videos.

EDIT: And leaving it there as per the kitchen hardware's demands.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Mad respect for Falco400's post as to why not add all characters. It makes perfect sence when explained like that.

But I must point out that there is a huge contradiction in that post in that characters like Lucas/Zelda/Snake DON'T play at all like they do in the demo anymore. They have had moves changed on top of all the various physics changes and resemble nothing to what we first played in the 1st demo.

Also why is everyones avatar in this thread of a japanese anime girl doing some weird stuff with her mouth.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
But I must point out that there is a huge contradiction in that post in that characters like Lucas/Zelda/Snake DON'T play at all like they do in the demo anymore. They have had moves changed on top of all the various physics changes and resemble nothing to what we first played in the 1st demo.
The project has matured a lot since the first demo, both in our overall capabilities, our direction is more refined, and we've gotten better at designing characters.

While it would be silly to claim that we won't significantly revamp any released characters, it's much less likely than it was with the first demo.

The first demo was more of a snapshot as to where we currently were in development, while the second demo should be seen as more of a true teaser for the game. Neither will perfectly represent the project by the time we're done, but the second one will do a lot better job than the first.

Also why is everyones avatar in this thread of a japanese anime girl doing some weird stuff with her mouth.
Not I.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
btw, since i won my crew's tourney.

i named our crew.

we are now called

Some ****ing Crew!

as in...

Who did you just lose against?

idk. Some ****ing Crew!

Ecks

Smash Lord
Not contradictory when you remember the magic words the PMBR just can't seem to stress enough: "Everything is subject to change".

Anyway, was Wavedash on slopes fixed? I saw Neko wdashing in Corneria and the Wdash wasn't shortened or lengthened.

Edit: Also back to my old avy, because 9kplus1 insisted.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Wait, you're the best player in SoVa? In that case, I got a crew name suggestion: SoFree :awesome:

Lolololol oh u

Nah. There are way better melee players than me in sova. If they picked up P:M, they deff beat me.

Out of my crew though, I'm the best player. For now. Lol.

Neko's Falco is almost as legit as Reneblade's Puff

He is certainly not free
Yooo you saw my team battle with double falco. My falco was beast.

:phone:

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Hi Shanus!

(not particularly directed at you, but) Why does it seem like Jigglypuff's recovery is worse now? Her jumps or her air mobility seems to be hindered from Melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom