• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
My wii and usb gecko are plugged into my computer
You know, I was saying to myself the other day that I would like to see Santarion bestow gifts to everyone this Christmas as well...

Are there any plans to finish the code that gave characters extra slots? As inconsenquential as it is to the project as a whole, it's still something that I'm incredibly hype for, and I would love it if it were finished.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
Can I make a suggestion for Pit?

Have you tried changing his weopon so he has two semi movesets (Bow and twin swords)?

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Can I make a suggestion for Pit?

Have you tried changing his weopon so he has two semi movesets (Bow and twin swords)?
Well, without his twin swords, granted that he is holding his bow, he's be limited to kicks and body blows. I don't think that idea has much potential to be honest.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Vigilante where is that avatar from? I've always thought it was pretty suave.
Oh, this is Guy from Tales of the Abyss on PS2 and soon on 3DS. It's a really good game; probably the best 3D one in the Tales series. I highly reccomend it.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude

It's Guy Cecil, but I can't find that specific instance.

And just to keep with the topic of trash talk, ya'll suck.

EDIT: Damnit ninjas.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I'll just respond to that,t hen we should probably get on topic:

"It's because Europeans are bigger fans of the Tales series than we are and they didn't get the PS2 version so Namco made an extra effort for European localization"

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
You mean peef vs spam **** talk?

Why don't we talk about something more interesting, like what newcomers would current and old meleee pros/vets would use?

:phone:

MaxThunder

PM Support
Holy hell, why an extra three months to get TotA to the US? Lucky European *******s.
oh you've been getting so many games before us so deal with it...

Like Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World... they didn't release it in europe for ages... and when they finally did, i couldn't find it anywhere... so i never got it=(...

Vigilante

Smash Lord
oh you've been getting so many games before us so deal with it...

Like Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World... they didn't release it in europe for ages... and when they finally did, i couldn't find it anywhere... so i never got it=(...
You mean like Project M? :troll:

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
Melee players will probably try Snake and Wolf the most I'm thinking. At least at first.
Eh, first i'm going to try some of my B-G tier characters that I played for fun, to test out their buffs.

Then i'm going to play my Brawl mains (Wolf just happens to be included on that list)

Then i'm going to broaden my horizons and play ****in' errybody

Ecks

Smash Lord
I'm gonna play Ness, Zamus, Wolf, Lucario, Shelda, Falcon, Marth, Fox.

Damn, that's a lot of characters.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'm just going to play Fox/Falcon/Falco/Marth/Sheik/Puff.

Like a real Melee player.
Sadly that's what most high level Melee players (non-PMBR specifically) do with Project M right now. Very few are willing to step outside their comfort zone and try something new.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
said it before, but i'll say it again:

lucaryu-pit-ganon as my main focuses, probably a lot more on pit and lucaryu (pit's cool, and seems rather simple, unlike lucaryu. need to practice that guy hardcore.) and then play ganon because he's ****ing ganon!

past that, i'll probably dabble in mario and falcon a bit.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Main: Lucario

Trying to also main : Falco

Secondaries: Charizard, Zelda, Pit, Diddy. Marth, Ganon.

But I technically play everyone a bit.

Wave-Guiding Hero

Smash Apprentice
Lucario/Meta Knight/Bowser/Marth/Sheik

Lucario for obvious reasons.
Meta Knight because Meta Knight.
Bowser because it's amazing how much more fun a little super armor can make someone.
Marth because Fsmash.
Sheik because she's easy :yeahboi:

:phone:

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
I'll be playing Falco, Falcon, GANON (so much ganon), Zelda, Snake, and lots of zamus and mk. And I'll try out lucario too. Granted, I will play every character for at least a few rounds to see who I have a natural talent for instead of just blindly guessing.

But I seriously wish we could get some of the pros to try different characters. I could see mango doing fairly well with mk and maybe wario. But I really just want to see silentwolf dig in to PM.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Probably for the same reason I'm one of the few people that cares about GnW and JC cares about R.O.B.

I think I'm legitimately going to main Mr. Game and Watch. I'll play a bit of everyone and Kirby may be a secondary, idk.

jalued

Smash Lord
Sadly that's what most high level Melee players (non-PMBR specifically) do with Project M right now. Very few are willing to step outside their comfort zone and try something new.
hopefully once the game is released (even demo 2) and there is (hopefully) a competitive scene for it, they will think it worthwhile to step out of their comfort zone. Or maybe they will just keep playing melee character's to dominate :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom