• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Hey guys, a thought just came to me.

I hope that it's not all too much more work for the team, but when P:M gets released in all it's glorious wonder, do y'all know if we could get some good hitbox and frame data on the characters? I think it might add more of a professional fighting game approach to have the data for all character's attacks and things where the general gaming populous can get to it, like individual character pages on smashmods or on the Project M website proper.

We have plenty of people that do frame things and say frame things, so it could be another great touch that helps out the players.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
With the help of PSA and ToomaiBox(hasn't been publicly released yet), you can view the hitbox sizes in ToomaiBox and the hitbox frames in PSA. So you non-PMBR guys could do it if we don't.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
See, at least I tried to keep my model-imort post relevant to Project M. I know that people wanted those Melee models (like the Fox and Falco vertex edits), so now we can have those (in better quality) plus new ones like Dr. Mario, and maybe even Pichu on Pikachu.

WE need a real port of FoD, after all that work M2000 did to make an almost perfect FoD.
One thing that I was wondering was whether an imported model would keep the reflective surface effect on the water, or if that's something that's hardcoded into Melee. I still need to ask someone about that.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I really doubt that the reflective effect can be ported over.

The only remotely feasible way of doing it that I can think of would be stealing the effect of like, a Pokemon Stadium screen.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Since the problem was Brawl not allowing more models on a single stage, wouldn't a port of FoD still end up with the same problem M2200 had on his FoD?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
You could import it as a single mld0 for the base stage, I believe.

I doubt that an import would be less efficient than the hacked-together version that M22K did. (Granted his still looks spectacular.)

MaxThunder

PM Support
lol who cares about Sakurai

pmbr does whatever we want lol

:phone:
i'm just saying that's what i think was sakurai's reasoning for not letting him jump out of his shield...

i don't really care what you do with yoshi... makes no difference to me if he can jump oos or not... so... do whatever you want=)...

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
You can resize models for this method, as far as I know. You could probably rig Squirtle onto Bowser's bones and have it work correctly as long as you enlarged Squirtle to fit.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Do the hitboxes change when you do that?
No, they don't, that's the best part about this new method. You can see an example here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1XhtBov--c

What happens is they rig the model using the skeleton/boneset of the base Brawl character. Since it uses the original bones, it doesn't change anything (hitboxes are attached to bones).

So anything that's relatively the same shape (such as Melee models on Brawl characters) can be imported onto characters without desynching. And as a bonus, as long as the model isn't too distorted to begin with, the animations will all look natural as well.

rk-9000

Smash Apprentice
No, they don't, that's the best part about this new method. You can see an example here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1XhtBov--c

What happens is they rig the model using the skeleton/boneset of the base Brawl character. Since it uses the original bones, it doesn't change anything (hitboxes are attached to bones).

So anything that's relatively the same shape (such as Melee models on Brawl characters) can be imported onto characters without desynching. And as a bonus, as long as the model isn't too distorted to begin with, the animations will all look natural as well.
my brain translated all of that to: dr mario.... good dr mario..... DR ****ING MARIO YES!!!

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Is it possible to import cape effects? Eg. Melee Green Jigglypuff's headband properly flowing.

moleman915

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of all this talk about FoD M22K has been putting some work into it again, it looks pretty amazing now.

D

Deleted member

jigglypuff's rest in teams is still deliciously homosexual.

good work guys lol

9Kplus1

Smash Master
So, out of curiosity, has anyone (devs included) gotten an idea of which character they'll main and possibly co-main in P:M? I understand already that such a choice is pretty difficult due to the large amount of unfinished characters and aspects likely to be changed; in fact, I myself won't be able to make any solid choices until more characters ready to be spoken about outside of the PMBR.

I'll be maining Falco, without a doubt. Aside from Falco being an overall fun character for me, it's so much easier to study Melee's frame data if I don't switch mains. As for co-mains... Wolf and the soon to be revamped MK will be my first choices. In the case of the latter, MK is and has always been my favorite character in the Kirby series, so I want to pick him up despite the changes he'll be getting. Wolf is the cutest spacie and has enough technical depth to keep me occupied, which is more than enough reason for me to find and show interest in him.

EDIT: Oh right, Charizard is legit, too =P

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Ness forever, but if kirby is made uber good again i WILL play him a lot. UTILT FTW. Nothing was better than in s64 utilting sum1, taunting, and being able to hit them again with another utilt.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Toon Link all day, every day. He's more trolltastic than Adult Link... Although I (obviously) play the manlier version as well.
I don't think I even went Link at my last Smashfest in P:M. Whoops.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
I use to main Snake in brawl but after playing P:M Snake I dropped him as my brawl main. :3 What the BR members did to Snake is exactly how he should have been in brawl. Thus I main him now, and forever will. It's between him and Samus TBH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom