• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Well I realized after seeing Kage not play as well as he usually does on my TV that while I can very easily adapt to any kind of TVs, the majority of poeple can't (It's just a question of some poeple being more visual). On the other hand, I barely look at the screen much, so it affects me less. Still, it's just fair for everyone if I can have a more optimal setup.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Well one thing we don't want is him being able to plank/arrow every five seconds. Also if you check the streams, you can see he's already less able to stall. I won't get into specifics though. But check the streams :p.

I'll try to have one after the con and tourney.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I barely look at the screen much.
?

???

Anyway, yeah imput lag doesn't really bother me either. But to fix lag you should put your tv in game mode because apparently "Game Mode reduces the amount of processing involved in producing image on the screen." So this is supposed to speed images up and reduce imput lag, which is crucial for fighting games (or games that require strict timings and precision).

I always thought game mode was just some image setup but apparently it's more than that.

No wonder Kage wasn't destroying you as bad as he should lol

Edit: I was actually complaining about picture quality, not lag. >_> Guess I'll try a nintendo component cable.

:phone:

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I'm given too little credit. I'm actually not bad. I'm just not very flashy. If he was going to destroy me easily, he would have. Though I do admit he is the better player for now.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I'm given too little credit. I'm actually not bad. I'm just not very flashy. If he was going to destroy me easily, he would have. Though I do admit he is the better player for now.
3 stocks-4 stocks, what's the difference? =P Too little credit? You just started! You have a looonnggg way to go! =p

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
What makes the tv lag with wii/gamecube games isn't being lcd or hd.

It's the tv's frequency, iirc if it's 60hz or less, wii doesn't need component cables, if it's more, it will lag your game. However I'm not very sure about the numbers.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I Hear wobbling is being brought back......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
?

???

Anyway, yeah imput lag doesn't really bother me either. But to fix lag you should put your tv in game mode because apparently "Game Mode reduces the amount of processing involved in producing image on the screen." So this is supposed to speed images up and reduce imput lag, which is crucial for fighting games (or games that require strict timings and precision).

I always thought game mode was just some image setup but apparently it's more than that.

No wonder Kage wasn't destroying you as bad as he should lol

Edit: I was actually complaining about picture quality, not lag. >_> Guess I'll try a nintendo component cable.

:phone:
Monoprice.com

All cables are the same. Put it to progressive scan and lag will be reduced for the most part. However the most important thing about input lag is the right TV and that takes a lot of searching. I got one with only 1 frame of lag. No big deal really I'd have to be super human to notice it.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
@Spam Arrows, no one said that ICs would have wobbling. People just said that X should happen if they ever get wobbling. Also:

We are not open to discussing IC's nor have we held any discussions of them in the BR (kind of what's part of being last to work on) so we cannot answer that question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom