• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flynn360

Smash Cadet
has any thought been given to ivysaur? I just remember her playstyle in brawl being very defensive, campy and grab centralised... which wasnt much fun
i dont remember Ivysaur being a her but yea i think ivy wus only campy though...hes mostly offensive then defensive unless u play keep away with his razor leafs

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Politicians. Attacking stupid **** like this when they let child rapists get out for good behavior. They don't do anything to fix stuff like that but they go out of their way to kill something that isn't an issue. Joy.

And don't they have an economy to fix? <_<

-implyingbadpriorities-
Indeed. I'd say the govt's trying to shift the fact that the economy's in a problem (understatement).

apparently several senators are getting paid in the millions (each) by special interests groups to sway their opinion and get the bill passed.

also, it would become an offense to upload vids of someone playing a video game to youtube. that means all smash vids.

/we'refukd
Ugh... so... you're suggesting its...

-omfgbriberywtf-

I will tell you what I tell my fellow Quebecer comrades who are too stupid to act in the face of adversity: If you don't act, you can't complain. You guys are in a democracy, use your right for free speech and let your annoyance be known. Use good argumens. and pressure the power in place. I'm not from the USA, but I at least support the cause to stop this idiocy.

You are stronger than you think and in numbers, you are the true might of your nation.
If you've checked world news, there are some things that will shock you. Just saying. :c

why is this in my email NOW?? o.O

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
That whole "bribery" thing sounds like lobbying, which is a commonly used tactic employed by interest groups. Totally legal.

metroid1117

Smash Master
So the Charizard video said "As Seen On: GoNintendo", which lead me here: http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=162776

The reception seems to be very positive. There are 5 whole comments and not a single negative one. There's something about Charizard that seems to reach out to a certain type of people who wouldn't normally be into this.

Though as a Smash player, I too have to admit that Charizard looks way more "Smash-esque" than his Brawl version. He didn't feel like a well-made character before.
I just browsed the GoNintendo posts, and the last few have been sort of negative (such as the PMBR making Smash more like a "standard arcade fighter" and that there is "no balance in Project M." You guys might want to get someone there to clarify things.

But regarding these changes, I think it's pretty amazing how far this project has come. You guys are doing a brilliant job, and I'm eagerly looking forward to trying out the patch!

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Eh, at least it started off well. Threads like that sometimes get influenced by the first couple of posts, with a lot of people skipping the comments and agreeing with whatever was posted first.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Speaking of balance, what exactly does charizard have trouble with? Since I've got an idea of his strengths, I'm curious what his weaknesses are.

cmart

Smash Lord
Current Zard is weak defensively (little to no anti-pressure options). A good rushdown game will put him in a bad spot

King Luigi 128

Smash Cadet
What's the song in the Zard video? It sounds so familiar...
I had the same thought when I 1'st heard it myself...
But the actual song used in the video was this one. :006:

Speaking of balance, what exactly does charizard have trouble with?
Since I've got an idea of his strengths, I'm curious what his weaknesses are.
water, electric, rock.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Well, the song in SMRPG is from Final Fantasy anyway. I figured that it was an OCRemix; I just didn't know which FF it was from (and I wasn't gonna check all of them >_>).

ValTroX

Smash Ace
wait, wth? why am I banned from the IRC? First Toaster refuses my application because he thinks I'm from the midwest(which I'm not) and now i get banned from the IRC? Unban please :p
Jokes aside, you guys should get a tester from Puerto Rico, no one on the island has the build and some of us are dying to try it out :ohwell:

Lolo_knight

Smash Apprentice
wait, wth? why am I banned from the IRC? First Toaster refuses my application because he thinks I'm from the midwest(which I'm not) and now i get banned from the IRC? Unban please :p
Jokes aside, you guys should get a tester from Puerto Rico, no one on the island has the build and some of us are dying to try it out :ohwell:
Also from mexico city... there are some tourneys here some times it should be cool to have some one with the build... also to spread the word

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Charizard looks pretty awesome. And oddly enough fitting to his personalityl. Great job!

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
I agree on this one, here we have some great players that could give Pointers, We have Lord HDL, Zero who is the best peach player in brawl and could give inputs he is also a beast peach player now in melee, and we have one of the best ness too Bubbleman. IDK if you heard of them.

If you want me to get in contact them i can just send me a PM, i think they could be of help as testers

MaxThunder

PM Support
^^When two tethers clash, they should get stuck to each other and those who used them should fall to their death!!(yes even if on stage)...

shanus

Smash Hero
Dangerlance: If I get sick of Google+ can someone send me a codeset for Project: G?

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I was just wondering, why don't you guys do nightly builds? It could solve the problem of everyone and their uncle asking for the latest.

:phone:

Spoon~

Smash Ace
I was just wondering, why don't you guys do nightly builds? It could solve the problem of everyone and their uncle asking for the latest.

Nightly builds killed brawl+ because people cry about every little change rather than except it and explore its potential, no one wants that to happen to PM.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Nightly builds killed brawl+ because people cry about every little change rather than except it and explore its potential, no one wants that to happen to PM.
I think there should be a release candidate though before the final release.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
You mean...like the DEMO? Lol

What I believe they mean is something like a second demo.

Now, what this "second demo" could do is incorporate The ones in the current demo, while adding perhaps... 3 to 7 characters. Now, the only way I could see this happening is sometime after a certain amount of these demonstration videos are shown.

The demo would include the original 14 from the demo's first release, as well as whatever ones they've finished the demonstration videos for. This would, therefore, be showing no new characters that they're still working on.

Now, you'll probably be saying "They're probably still WORKING on these ones, hence why it says 'May change' in the videos' openings". While yes, this is true, they could focus their attention on the additions for the demo's second release, so it can be given to tide over the fans.

Now, even if they don't do this and wait for a full release, I will stand by and wait. This is probably my most favorite mod to date for Brawl by far, and I will gladly wait for the entire thing to be completed. However, I know not all fans are like this.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
What I believe they mean is something like a second demo.

Now, what this "second demo" could do is incorporate The ones in the current demo, while adding perhaps... 3 to 7 characters. Now, the only way I could see this happening is sometime after a certain amount of these demonstration videos are shown.

The demo would include the original 14 from the demo's first release, as well as whatever ones they've finished the demonstration videos for. This would, therefore, be showing no new characters that they're still working on.

Now, you'll probably be saying "They're probably still WORKING on these ones, hence why it says 'May change' in the videos' openings". While yes, this is true, they could focus their attention on the additions for the demo's second release, so it can be given to tide over the fans.

Now, even if they don't do this and wait for a full release, I will stand by and wait. This is probably my most favorite mod to date for Brawl by far, and I will gladly wait for the entire thing to be completed. However, I know not all fans are like this.
It sounds like you put a lot of thought into your statement; I concur with this proposal.

bleyva

Smash Ace
I really wish people would stop asking for extra characters in the upcoming patch. I feel like such crass demands can only hurt possibilities.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
I really wish people would stop asking for extra characters in the upcoming patch. I feel like such crass demands can only hurt possibilities.
If it's just a patch, I don't see why they'd need to add characters, since afterall, patches are made to adjust what's currently there. Not add things. That's what DLC for most games is for. A patch is all I'm truly expecting if they do anything.

If they make a second demo release with added characters that's just simply a bonus. If they somehow manage to get the full release done then that is ASTOUNDING.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Great, thanks. Now you've got me on the fence. >.<

If it's just a patch, I don't see why they'd need to add characters, since afterall, patches are made to adjust what's currently there. Not add things. That's what DLC for most games is for. A patch is all I'm truly expecting if they do anything.

If they make a second demo release with added characters that's just simply a bonus. If they somehow manage to get the full release done then that is ASTOUNDING.
Sounds a bit condescending... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom