• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
No, sorry. But you might contact kaizo13, he saved it and only needs a way to get it as a normal video... maybe he can send it to someone with a capture card?

100th post woo
We were already aware of the issue but having a video would probably help us find out why that happens (because it's obviously a collision issue). Either way though, the player would have died so to me it's not a HUGE issue.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Can't we give Ness his damaging magnet? I would rather that we look for ways to buff Ness (it is possible, Brawl+ and Brawl- have both made Ness overpowered at one point) than to change an iconic moveset.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqdOLd44hLU maybe not that broken, but it was a way to make it VERY useful

Giving Ness unlimited PKT1 or giving letting him sweet spot ledges with his up special would be simple ways to fix the move, we can even let him act out of PKT2 giving him the air dodge as a last ditch effort to get past edgehoggers.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Regarding Ness. Couldn't you just give his down B a hit box that could be jump cancelable? Similar to a shine, but not quite as good? I think that would work out well.

Why is there discussion about Ness anyhow? Couldn't we just refer to 64 on the how-to-**** with Ness?

EDIT: Semi-ninja'd by Slashy.

Ecks

Smash Lord
About the iconic thing, pkt is indeed more iconic. it's the "holy **** I can actually control this thing!?!?!" move.

Having the old brawl+ pkt would be a great solution too. not too sure about shanus's idea tho I can see it working and it'd make a beast combo finisher.

...And if all else fails you could just use my teleport idea right? :D

Slashy

Smash Lord
Actually I think being able to act out of PKT2 would be a simple fix, as it will give him a last ditch option to a poorly placed PKT2 or a late edgeguarded PKT2.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
If only PSI Magnet could make ness recover damage with any kind of projectile and attracted those projectiles to itself like an actual magnet it could be helped.

But I don't think it would be easy to do.

Regarding PK Thunder, make it have transcendent priority, go through enemies, be faster and make PK Thunder 2 not trigger special fall and boost its length.

Now you can recover through Jiggly and Metaknight edgeguarding you simultaneously, bad*** mother****er recovery.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I've always like the idea of having PK Teleport as a usable move since his intro looks so awesome, but PKT is so iconic of Ness. I think people would miss Ness' PSI Magnet less since it has never been that great.

I thought about this a long time ago, this is how I think teleport should be if it were to be implemented. In earthbound, you run in a long straight line to start Teleport α(alpha), and you run in tight circles for Teleport β(beta). We could call it Teleport γ(gamma), where he would spin on the spot with increasing angular velocity before teleporting. The sound effect would be similar to the high pitched chime that happens before you cast certain PSI attacks in Earthbound. Then he teleports using the graphics, SFX and part of the animation from his intro. Overall it would be similar to Zelda/Sheik's up specials and he would travel a distance somewhere in between the two.

Hey, we could replace PK Flash, it's not's like that's useful.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Actually I think being able to act out of PKT2 would be a simple fix, as it will give him a last ditch option to a poorly placed PKT2 or a late edgeguarded PKT2.
That too. It would also give him the ability to use PKT2 and then use the DJ to get back on stage with fair or airdodge. There really are good ways to save the move.

Oh and that psi magnec. thing on the video was awesome, just add more restrictions (haven't used it myself so idk how hard/easy it is tho) and a little bit of that melee dificulty we all love and you've got a winner.

Slashy

Smash Lord
That too. It would also give him the ability to use PKT2 and then use the DJ to get back on stage with fair or airdodge. There really are good ways to save the move.

Oh and that psi magnec. thing on the video was awesome, just add more restrictions (haven't used it myself so idk how hard/easy it is tho) and a little bit of that melee dificulty we all love and you've got a winner.
That's a great idea! It would allow Ness to mix up his recovery, so if you knock him off stage you don't know what recovery option he will pick first, Pikmin & Olimar and Ivysaur should have that same option, so they can try their tethers without wasting their double jump.

Revven

FrankerZ
PSI Magnet as a shine is stupid, we're not going that route, it's been tried and we don't really like the results it gave. Also, making PSI Magnet as any sort of offensive move is not something we want to do either after multiple different variations of trying something offensive with it. Ness doesn't need a shine to be good, that's like actually taking the joke "give everyone a shine!" as a way to balance everyone seriously.

Going with something simple that doesn't break anything or look stupid is what we're going for with Ness. Looking stupid also includes being able to use PKT1 over and over again because we learned our lesson with that.

Scufo

Smash Apprentice
I don't support overhauling Ness's specials. Way too iconic, and I feel it goes against the project's goals to completely change, not just buff, Melee characters.

PKT should not be overly buffed. It should not go through enemies, and Ness should still go into special fall afterwards. Ness's recovery weakness is a central part of his character and should not be removed, unless it is deemed that the weakness is so great as to be insurmountable. Which I don't think it is.

The ONLY change that should be made to PKT2 is it shouldn't shorten in distance if you hit someone. Maybe a slight overall distance increase would be warranted as well.

Slashy

Smash Lord
PSI Magnet as a shine is stupid, we're not going that route, it's been tried and we don't really like the results it gave. Also, making PSI Magnet as any sort of offensive move is not something we want to do either after multiple different variations of trying something offensive with it. Ness doesn't need a shine to be good, that's like actually taking the joke "give everyone a shine!" as a way to balance everyone seriously.

Going with something simple that doesn't break anything or look stupid is what we're going for with Ness. Looking stupid also includes being able to use PKT1 over and over again because we learned our lesson with that.
It's better than completely removing the move outright, which is something I don't want to see happen. I still think PSI Magnet needs more usefulness, maybe something with wind boxes?

Slashy

Smash Lord
Okay it is a move replacement, I don't think Ness needs any specials replaced, they're the most iconic part of any character.

I'm fine with the way Ness was in the latest backroom build, I am just suggesting buffs to show that none of his specials need to be changed.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I really think we should go with the no special fall idea. It's not stupid since it won't give him up b back and it greatly improves his TERRIBLE recovery.

As for magnet, just make that wind push the opponent further and make them trip or something. Keep it a defensive move.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
In the P:M build that I saw on a stream, Ness' PSI magnet dealt out some damage... right?

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Hm... could be mistaken. Did it damage at all in any of the previous builds?

Ecks

Smash Lord
just curious, why is replacing pk flash not being discussed?
Shanus said a while back that thay had already made pk flash good (dunno how as he didn't say).

also Ness can't use pk fire or thunder in eb but he does use pk flash so it's his only canon special attack.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I understand that it not may be very high on the list of priorities but are you planning to replace the Brawl sound fx with Melee's sounds?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I understand that it not may be very high on the list of priorities but are you planning to replace the Brawl sound fx with Melee's sounds?
It is not one of the main things to do. If we ever do this, it will be an optional thing to use. Although, we have tried to make some sounds match closely to melee sounds by using and combining brawl SFX. An example would be falco's dair. Listen to PM's dair and melee's dair; they sound very similar.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
I'd remove the magnet before PKT. If you want suggestions, Ness' only move cannon to earthbound is PK flash and Bat/yoyos. PKT PSIMag and PKFire were moves used by Paula. Ness however did have a Pk Shield Move and Pk Rockin. Just some suggestions

PK Shield absorbed physical damage, i.e. what a shield would do. So maybe make the Shield give superarmor, so he can absorb(but still take damage) the knockback of a move and counterattack on an opponents lag. Kind of counter-esque animation, but he can attack out of it. Almost make it function like oli's whistle, but with way more time to attack out of it.

PK Rocking either Instantly killed or put a random effect on the opponent like, excessive vommiting, uncontrolable laughter, crying. Maybe a M2 >B type hitbox in front of him and if it hits someone, a random effect is implemented, like sleeping, or dazed, or pitfalled, or frozen, or ZSS stun etc.

Pen_island

Smash Cadet
While we're on the topic of ness, is it possible to give ness one of his old 64 DJC tricks where if you cancel your jump at the right time while moving backwards you get a bunch of momentum going backwards?

Its hard to explain but it'd be comparable to something like falcons moonwalk but in the air. It was one of my favorite ATs to mess around with in 64

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLRzDQo4BPg#t=50s

Not the best example but its hard to find a video

An Alien

Smash Rookie
Just inserting to say I love this demo. >.>

Snakes grenade drop to wavedash oos pick-up is legit. It's only more fun to do is you edgehog with and and someone gets blown up as they're trying to recover. I can make a video but I've no idea how to upload it or anything. And I've got no dazzle.

Ecks

Smash Lord
PK Rocking either Instantly killed or put a random effect on the opponent like, excessive vommiting, uncontrolable laughter, crying. Maybe a M2 >B type hitbox in front of him and if it hits someone, a random effect is implemented, like sleeping, or dazed, or pitfalled, or frozen, or ZSS stun etc.
That's pk flash. pk rocking was his main attack and was stronger than starstorm iirc.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Just inserting to say I love this demo. >.>

Snakes grenade drop to wavedash oos pick-up is legit. It's only more fun to do is you edgehog with and and someone gets blown up as they're trying to recover. I can make a video but I've no idea how to upload it or anything. And I've got no dazzle.
Send the .bin file of the replay to someone who can record it for you. The .bin file will be in private/app/wii/RSBE/rp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom