• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
Of course:

Top Tier: Lucas w/AD B-cancel

You guys finish the rest xD

Guys, I remember that when playing Melee using spacies and got hit and sent flying, if illusion was performed out of hitstun you would gain some height at the start-up of the move. I learned to use this to my advantage because if not it could cost me a stock.

1) What caused this in Melee?
2) Is it re-creatable?
Any idea Shanus?

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Any idea Shanus?
Momentum IMO. Same with not CC'ing Ness' dash attack.

I also found that it's harder to ledge cancel with Falco's side-B, because you just pass under the platform.

Wow, Project M looks like it's really heading in the right direction. Granted, there's still a lot of work to be done, but I think it will become a fine product.

A Diamond For Disease

Smash Journeyman
Why are all these people saying that Lucas isn't good I really like how he plays. And yea there's definitely more work to be done but I think you guys have done a fantastic job on the demo!

Allin

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, not gonna lie, I'm loving P: M enough to get off my arse and make an account on here lol. unfortunately I like to play Falcon and my friend mains sheik and zelda........yeah.

So while playing some sheik myself on FD, I tried to grab the ledge at one point and sheik instead clinged to it for a second, turning me around and screwing up the entire edge guard. Kinda recreated it and recorded it, but in the real situation sheik probably wont cling for more than a second since stageward DI wouldnt be held in. Overall whenever it happens by accident it could throw off sheik or w/e character. (also seems to only be on FD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haVHs0NifhU
This was not answered :/?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It was definitely answered. It's an issue with wall clings having priority over ledge grabs, I believe.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
@allin: he needs to let go of the control stick a fraction of a second before grabbing the edge in order to not cling
though it does seem that the cling window is too big
EDIT: ninja'd

@shanus: will the requisite files for zelda/sheik fast transformations be included in the patch or is the current (and imho shoddy) change going to stay?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I don't think a dev was who answered the question, but I think the poster was correct about wall cling priority. I think it's become a problem because the ledge grab range was reduced so wall clinging will reach the ledge first. For the time being, you're going to have to do what MK26 mentioned by releasing the stick just a moment beforehand.

Allin

Smash Journeyman
I don't think a dev was who answered the question, but I think the poster was correct about wall cling priority. I think it's become a problem because the ledge grab range was reduced so wall clinging will reach the ledge first. For the time being, you're going to have to do what MK26 mentioned by releasing the stick just a moment beforehand.
Yeah I figured as much, makes sense to a degree

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Alright, so here's my first test with a minimal GUI. Download it here and remove the "_test" part from the name. On your SD card, put it under pf/info2/.
I replaced the slash line under the portrait and franchise symbol, and the base (probably for the portrait but I don't know yet) with transparent images. Following the way the character names worked, they are replaced with completely black images. If that doesn't work, I'll just replace them with transparent images instead.
I need testers to tell me everything you see, assuming it doesn't freeze (I replaced each name with its proper size so it shouldn't), and if you can take pictures, even better.

Also, I kind of just modified my current info.pac so the music titles, stock icons, and damage % numbers (not based off of P:M's font; it's one on Brawl Vault) are modified. I'll make sure to use a fresh info.pac next time around, but I guess you could see if you like the stock icons and keep them around.

Tyrael64

Smash Journeyman
How do I use custom skins and character selection portraits with Project M? I installed a bunch of .pcs skins in the proper folders, but none of them worked.

Ecks

Smash Lord
How do I use custom skins and character selection portraits with Project M? I installed a bunch of .pcs skins in the proper folders, but none of them worked.
Did you name them to fit[char name]00.pac/pcs? for example if I want to replace zelda's black costume I would name my costume "FitZelda04.pac" and pcs would be "FitZelda04.pcs".

as for changing csp you need to open common5 with brawlbox and change the image yourself.

Edit: note that the new image can't be larger than the default or it will freeze.

Makai

Smash Apprentice
Alright, so here's my first test with a minimal GUI. Download it here and remove the "_test" part from the name. On your SD card, put it under pf/info2/.
I replaced the slash line under the portrait and franchise symbol, and the base (probably for the portrait but I don't know yet) with transparent images. Following the way the character names worked, they are replaced with completely black images. If that doesn't work, I'll just replace them with transparent images instead.
I need testers to tell me everything you see, assuming it doesn't freeze (I replaced each name with its proper size so it shouldn't), and if you can take pictures, even better.
portraits and slash appear black.

Tyrael64

Smash Journeyman
Did you name them to fit[char name]00.pac/pcs? for example if I want to replace zelda's black costume I would name my costume "FitZelda04.pac" and pcs would be "FitZelda04.pcs".

as for changing csp you need to open common5 with brawlbox and change the image yourself.

Edit: note that the new image can't be larger than the default or it will freeze.
Yep, they're all named properly and everything.

I didn't know that about the CSP's though. That sounds tough to do.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible to use custom stage textures in this? I'm not quite sure how to import the textures I want into the stage files provided with P:M.

Props to whoever answers, and apologies if I'm asking in the wrong place.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Yep, they're all named properly and everything.

I didn't know that about the CSP's though. That sounds tough to do.
And none of your textures work? I don't really know how to help you then. Did you make sure your sd card isn't locked?that could be your problem.

And changing the csp isn't hard at all. I'm sure there are tutorials on youtube or something.

M!nt

Smash Champion

Also, I kind of just modified my current info.pac so the music titles, stock icons, and damage % numbers (not based off of P:M's font; it's one on Brawl Vault) are modified. I'll make sure to use a fresh info.pac next time around, but I guess you could see if you like the stock icons and keep them around.
sorry about quality but it looks like this

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
There are plenty of guides online for this stuff. Theres a video tutorial on how to do CSP's in Bbox by wakaplaca on youtube. or also on his post from Kc-mm.com. CSP's is actaully quite easy all you do is find your portraite that you want to edit.

Export it and open it in Gimp or Photoshop. Take the picture and select all. when you do that go to open new and it should give the exact dimensions. go into game or online and get any picture of the character you want and paste it into the blank new file.

Scale down the picture or resize it to fit into the box. Save it. Open Bbox again then replace the csp with your new one. The file for the pictures and battle portraits are in the Common5.pac but online if you need to find it I believe its Common5_en.Pac

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I haven't really played the demo yet, but I have played an up-to-date version a few times a friend around here has (legally, by the way).

ZSS' edge game is amazing, dsmash is probably broken when combined with her dair. She has dsmash chains up to 70%ish on Fox, somewhat lower on other high tiers like Falco, Marth, and CF, but I figure they'll stay because dsmash is kinda hard to land unless she gets a grab (lol). She's very ICs-ish, in that if she grabs you at low percents, you'll probably die.

She needs a kill move though. Fsmash kills early, but is really slow, too slow maybe. Side-b's utility is nice, but the loss of a kill move is noticable. The higher gravity has caused uair to lose it's ability to kill, so she can't kill off the top anymore. Back air and forward air kill, but both are a bit awkward to land with her new more melee-ish playstyle.

90% of my kills have been gimps. Characters with good recovery, like Kirby for instance are impossible to kill without a really hard read. Once my scrub friends (:awesome:) learn to meteor cancel I doubt I'll ever get a kill. :p

Because of how amazing her throws+dsmash and wavedash are, I'm in favor of her grab staying the way it is for now, but I still wish she could shield grab.

Dair tech chases are fun though. :)

M!nt

Smash Champion
What do you mean production mode? You mean You've played a leak longer?

Takao9411

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only one who gets static audio after a few seconds on Metal Cavern, Fountain of Dreams & Dream Land 64? (Sorry if this has already been addressed but I spent a while Googling it and searching the forums but couldn't find out why this happens.)

Also, I played Wi-Fi with my friend who lives a few miles away and we both have Project M but we always de-sync when we don't pick the same stage and the same buffer, is this normal? s:

shanus

Smash Hero
Am I the only one who gets static audio after a few seconds on Metal Cavern, Fountain of Dreams & Dream Land 64? (Sorry if this has already been addressed but I spent a while Googling it and searching the forums but couldn't find out why this happens.)

Also, I played Wi-Fi with my friend who lives a few miles away and we both have Project M but we always de-sync when we don't pick the same stage and the same buffer, is this normal? s:
if buffers don't match on wifi, you desync

shanus

Smash Hero
I have played the production version way more than I have ever played the demo (never).
ZSS edits are in there infancy, so I ask that you please do not post impressions on her as she isn't in the demo. If you do have a have friend in the PMBR, have them send us your feedback through there. Thanks!

Revven

FrankerZ
It usually means you need to defragment your SD Card.

M!nt

Smash Champion
defragment sd card? i thought you dont need to defragmernt flash memory since its not mechanical like a harddrive.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Have you moved the files around at all since putting them on your SD card? Like, say, moving them to the desktop, deleting the contents on the SD card, and moving them back?

I find whenever I move my files around all of my music corrupts, even after I defrag my SD. They're sensitive like that. Just try taking the brstms from a fresh download and placing them back on the SD.

Takao9411

Smash Apprentice
Have you moved the files around at all since putting them on your SD card? Like, say, moving them to the desktop, deleting the contents on the SD card, and moving them back?

I find whenever I move my files around all of my music corrupts, even after I defrag my SD. They're sensitive like that. Just try taking the brstms from a fresh download and placing them back on the SD.
Well, I've tried using two different SD cards, extracting the .zip date directly to the SD card, and using the .exe installer to install Project M directly to my SD card, all of them ended up giving me the static audio. I'm about to try the defragmenting and see if I get better results.

M!nt

Smash Champion
Well, I've tried using two different SD cards, extracting the .zip date directly to the SD card, and using the .exe installer to install Project M directly to my SD card, all of them ended up giving me the static audio. I'm about to try the defragmenting and see if I get better results.
did you get it during the server problems maybe you got a bad copy. try getting it again. Defraging isnt going to do anything but reduce life of your sd card.

Takao9411

Smash Apprentice
did you get it during the server problems maybe you got a bad copy. try getting it again. Defraging isnt going to do anything but reduce life of your sd card.
I got it once during the server problems, then the day after that, and then later again that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom