• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Final D...Fox only...no items.

That's the only kind of demo you guys can expect until release you got trolllllllled.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Halberd (removed stage hitboxes)
WarioWare, Inc. (frozen)
Rumble Falls+
Green Hill Zone (+ or new interpretation)
Luigi's Mansion (building ceilings removed)
Pokemon Stadium 2 (frozen)
Dracula's Castle (outside)
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Temple (new interpretation)
Pokemon Stadium (frozen because of the windmill?)
Yoshi's Story (Melee)
Hyrule Castle (64)
Dream Land (64)
Metal Mario's Stage (64)

Delfino Plaza?
Skyworld (fixed platforms)?
Mushroomy Kingdom (frozen in a certain place)?
Jungle Japes (adjusted for potential CP)?
Brinstar?
Corneria (resized)?
Kongo Jungle (64)?

And this is just a list of viable and CP stages, mind you. I guarantee you I also forgot some.

jalued

Smash Lord
hyrule catle 64 cant be a viable stage because of the wall and tunnel. However that list is amazing and i hope that many stages are viable in the end. Uve forgotten hyrule castle (melee) redone

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
hyrule catle 64 cant be a viable stage because of the wall and tunnel. However that list is amazing and i hope that many stages are viable in the end. Uve forgotten hyrule castle (melee) redone
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
WarioWare, Inc. (frozen)
Rumble Falls+
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Yoshi's Story (Melee)
Hyrule Castle (64)
Dream Land (64)
Metal Mario's Stage (64)

Delfino Plaza?
Brinstar?
Corneria (resized)?
Kongo Jungle (64)?

And this is just a list of viable and CP stages, mind you. I guarantee you I also forgot some.
hmm... 200 posts
He just didn't say "Hyrule". Btw, Hyrule Temple is one of the few "inviable" stages that I wouldn't change... its good fun if people actually fight lol.

Also, would be epic if that Ganon stage or an improved version of it could replace the Bridge of Eldin... or something. It's not really balanced at all though... but I like where that idea was going.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I thought a dev said something about how infinite (drill)shines against walls don't work in P:M anymore (and I think unintentionally too). That and I've seen a lot of matches on it so I assumed it was viable/CP material.

Also, I don't believe there was a Hyrule Castle in Melee. Just Temple and Great Bay.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
He just didn't say "Hyrule". Btw, Hyrule Temple is one of the few "inviable" stages that I wouldn't change... its good fun if people actually fight lol.

Also, would be epic if that Ganon stage or an improved version of it could replace the Bridge of Eldin... or something. It's not really balanced at all though... but I like where that idea was going.
Assuming P:M will customize its own stage expansion roster code (which would be a smart idea obviously), it'd be very possible to have the original Temple and the viable interpretation.

Ganondorf's Tower is a piece of work and I'm really hoping that maybe one version could be taken into consideration. If not, that's fine really.

EDIT: Meh, double posting.

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
WarioWare, Inc. (frozen)
Rumble Falls+
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Yoshi's Story (Melee)
Hyrule Castle (64)
Dream Land (64)
Metal Mario's Stage (64)

Delfino Plaza?
Brinstar?
Corneria (resized)?
Kongo Jungle (64)?

Thats a pretty good list.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Melee Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
WarioWare, Inc. (frozen)
Rumble Falls+
Luigi's Mansion (building ceilings removed) Maybe.
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Temple: M
Pokemon Stadium (frozen because of the windmill?) There are a few different ideas for this one. We'll keep you posted.
Yoshi's Story (Melee)
Hyrule Castle (64)
Dream Land (64)
Metal Mario's Stage (64)
Skyworld (fixed platforms)
Jungle Japes (adjusted for potential CP)
Brinstar
Kongo Jungle (64)
SSE: Jungle
Pirate Ship (modified)
Norfair: M
Summit: M
Peach's Castle 64 (slightly modified) - possibility
Lylat Cruise (modified) - possibility
Frigate Orpheon (modified) - possibility
Shadow Moses Island (modified) - possibility

edited this a bit.

G

genkaku

PM will be one cohesive package.
I think that melee sound effects/textures were talked about and are intended to be an optional addition, but that everything else will end up in one download.

partial ninja'd

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I forgot SSE: Jungle and Pirate Ship of all things. Considered PC64 and Lylat Cruise, but not the others. Pretty awesome stage list overall.

G

genkaku

I still don't understand why Pokemon Stadium needs alteration. I understand that it's unbalanced, but it's still considered a viable counterpick in melee. There's a difference between a CP and a neutral for a reason.
Even just removing the windmill would be better than freezing the entire stage, and personally I'd be hesitant to make that change.

On a different note, a legal jungle japes? My falco is excited.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
PS1 windmill is not like melee's PS1 windmill. The windmill in melee didn't have a wall that pushed you as it came down and went up again. In brawl, it does. The only way I can think of doing this like melee is to make a convoluted scheme of extra models, animation edits, and hope to god it works.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
You'd have to determine when in the windmill animation you'd want the fallthrough platform to flip to the other side of the piece. It'd be complicated, but it could work too. It's kind of dumb that Brawl did that though.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I can't make collisions change on a timer. I will try again making it melee windmill, but as far as I know, anyone who has tried it has failed. I might end up moving the windmill or removing it if it is too much of an issue.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
A timer? I was thinking more or less within the animation itself, but this is obviously easier said than done. I haven't looked at PS1's animations myself so I wouldn't really know.

EDIT: Actually, just thought about how collisions worked in the first place. Never mind, definitely not that easy at all.

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
You'd have to determine when in the windmill animation you'd want the fallthrough platform to flip to the other side of the piece. It'd be complicated, but it could work too. It's kind of dumb that Brawl did that though.
But then again, Brawl sucks **** for crack money.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I told you we'd let you know when something develops on Pokemon Stadium.
Don't worry about it bro.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Sounds good. I'll just assume it's going to become a viable stage through whatever plan and leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom