• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Dantarion hasn't messed with it in a while. There's other things on higher priority, especially with the list of constants fully mapped out. Perfecting the engine is of much bigger concern.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Oh, well never mind then. Some of what I said may still apply though, but I guess it really depends on whatever Dant feels like doing.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Where can I find the links to the streams? 1000+ pages of forum is intimidating.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
They're sometimes posted in the thread as they're happening live, and sometimes they're posted in the IRC as well.

nawgui

Smash Cadet
I think this may have been touched on, and is completely unrelated to what is currently being discussed atm, but I know people were saying that Ike was still at some bit of a disadvantage still even after some work, does his aerial quick draw still result in a helpless falling state after being used off the side? I know you can wavedash after it, would you be able to do a QAD off the side and then dodge out of it then use his UpB perchance? (same concept as Link and Samus' use of a grapple right after an air dodge in melee)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Dant posted on the facebook event for my school's Brawl tournament saying we should play ProjectM. WTF?
-DD

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Pardon the Grammar Nazi in me, but two 'base's aren't needed in the title.

Make it: "All Leaks Are Severely Outdated; Do Not Base Opinions On a Leak"

or ""All Leaks Are Severely Outdated; Do Not Make Opinions Based On a Leak"

Krautrock

Smash Apprentice
I think he'd already been banned from the PMBR for leaking it earlier, so I guess he felt he had nothing to lose?

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
oh wtf i thought i saw him in here a while ago saying he had a leaked version or smt

sry im dumb
I think that was the guy who suggested the "link fsmash" thing for ike's dsmash. Sovereign or something like that. (not 100% sure about his name)

Jay Talbayne

Smash Apprentice
Yall need to get this whole leak thing under control asap.. Because i feel what J Caesar is saying about the whole banned tourny list thing.. but if these leaks get too bad, then people who dont know about PM and just happen to stumble upon a leaked version at a tourney, or more likely a fest, could participate in the leak and then be banned by simply not knowing what the hell is goin on.. im actually wondering how many people have this leaked version and Who in the PMBR is leaking it. that way i wont be placed on the banned list thinking someone in the PMBR recruited me from the fest or something.. Now I know yall plan on paying close attention to what is goin on, im just thinking about the possibilities of how this leak can spread and effect its official release. This project has been in the makes for a long time and it has been leaked for a couple of months. If yall are talking about banning people from Tourny play from being involved, maybe yall should only allow certain members of the PMBR to hold tournies or attend fests for Authentic PM play. Maybe that way yall can at least cut the possibilities of leakage. and if it gets too bad... i hate to say this..... but if it gets too bad stop taking it to tourneys and keep it closed until its ready.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'm mostly concerned about the people who know they have a set they shouldn't have, and spread it around or put up videos against the PMBR's wishes. I'm not worried about the random people who don't really know what's going on.

And you'll know if you're recruited by the real PMBR, because you'll be able to access the PMBR forum on Smashmods.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Yall need to get this whole leak thing under control asap.. Because i feel what J Caesar is saying about the whole banned tourny list thing.. but if these leaks get too bad, then people who dont know about PM and just happen to stumble upon a leaked version at a tourney, or more likely a fest, could participate in the leak and then be banned by simply not knowing what the hell is goin on..
We've known of the sources of the leak, and as far as we know have booted out all insecure PMBR members a while back, hence this build being so outdated.

As far as JC's list, that is for people intentionally distributing the game without our permission. If somebody brings a leaked version to a Smashfest, it's utterly infeasible, impossible and ridiculous to ban everybody who plays it. It should be obvious by looking at this thread for 30 seconds to figure out what the rules are. If you have P:M, you should be a PMBR member. Regardless of it you are or not, you should not leak copies of the game or put unauthorized footage on YouTube.

Those are the rules, they ain't complex. The leak isn't a big deal, we just don't want people playing a set that's two months old and judging it to be a polished product. If the game was in a releasable state back in August, the game would have been out in August.

I thought 5ive was a big part of testing brawl+ wasn't he? PMBR drama?
5ive was part of B+, and sort of got hand-waved into PMBR development as a result. He likes to troll, which seems to be a general characteristic of people in the area. I think it's something in the water. Him and his ilk have already been booted from PMBR.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Hmm, odd. I thought his "joke" was that if you send him a PM (personal message), he'd send you a PM (personal message) back. I didn't expect him to give P:M o_O

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Man, I know 5ive can be somewhat abrasive sometimes... but he is actually not a bad guy (I met him once at a tournament a year ago or something).

Just the internet causes a massive chemical imbalance that causes intense stimulation of the troll gland in him and makes him sound x1000 worse than usual. I don't know why, but it just does.

I didn't expect him to do something silly like try to mass spread P:M and such. Seems to have gone a little too far.

Where did all this "being a Canadian means you suck" stigma come from anyway (Or maybe I just answered my own question already)? Can't we all just be equals or something? =( I dunno!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom