• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Is landing detection the reading that occurs when an attack connects or when someone lands on the ground? I've assumed it's the ground scenario this whole time.
When someone lands on the ground. Basically, in Melee, characters landed on their knees, in Brawl they land on their feet. It makes sense realistically but... it doesn't feel right at all and makes a lot of things either easier or harder to do depending on what it is you're trying to do. Which messes with timings and the overall flow of the game.
There you go hopefully that answers you're question.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
To be specific, aerial tactics centered around landing detection suffer a lot (SH Bair waveland with Mario is impossible while SH double Fair with Marth is very difficult) while things like wavelanding/wavedashing are very easy to do perfectly. Platform wavelanding is a bit tougher to do though as most Melee players will be used to the visual cues of the characters' knees for that.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
They made him as a fat *** pedophile *** with an aerial speed fetish.
Seriously.. Why was his air speed so **** high?..

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yeah, I tried asking about a song (different song, same author) on another video and I didn't get a response about it. Sugarhigh has some really cool music and I think some of it is from the same game/album.

Jay Talbayne

Smash Apprentice
yea it sounds familiar but i'm not sure where i heard it from exactly.. im trying to get into the Custom Soundtrack hack to pass the time until Project Landing detection gets released...

kirox777

Smash Apprentice
omg that sounds ****IN AWESOME for wario! =D i cant wait to see exactly what you guys are talking about the "corrected wario".

also is it possible to make toonlink's arrow land more like melee? as in lands in 2ft instead of 15ft. and give his arrows a fire tip! :p

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
omg that sounds FXCKIN AWESOME for wario! =D i cant wait to see exactly what you guys are talking about the "corrected wario".

also is it possible to make toonlink's arrow land more like melee? as in lands in 2ft instead of 15ft. and give his arrows a fire tip! :p
Why do you want his arrows intentionally nerfed...?
They were useless in Melee.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I played Project M for the second time today. The thing that currently bothers me the most is that it's way too easy to accidentally fsmash in a couple different ways. A lot of the time, I want to dash back, then turn around and dash attack, but I can't do this without fsmashing instead unless I wait a long time after the pivot, which is really inconvenient. I also accidentally fsmashed often when trying to ftilt, although I'm guessing this isn't a huge problem and my lack of familiarity with the game is probably to blame.

There are a few other things that bother me, but since they mostly pertain to a character that has barely been worked on, I won't rant about those.

LiQViD

Smash Cadet
I played Project M for the second time today. The thing that currently bothers me the most is that it's way too easy to accidentally fsmash in a couple different ways. A lot of the time, I want to dash back, then turn around and dash attack, but I can't do this without fsmashing instead unless I wait a long time after the pivot, which is really inconvenient. I also accidentally fsmashed often when trying to ftilt, although I'm guessing this isn't a huge problem and my lack of familiarity with the game is probably to blame.

There are a few other things that bother me, but since they mostly pertain to a character that has barely been worked on, I won't rant about those.
Hmm thats actually an interesting problem. I wonder if the "Smash window" is longer in brawl then it was in melee (as in the time between moving the joystick and pressing the A button). Wouldn't that be a problem in Brawl+ though since it also has dash dancing?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Landing dete.. Actually, we're aware of that and the issue is currently fairly close to being resolved, IIRC. There's six frames after the pivot that will Fsmash, I believe. We figured out how to alter that just a few days ago.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yeah we need to do an injection of some sort to fix that. until then, cstick down to dash attack works as usual.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
the project m tourny I hosted today was a success yet also a (personal) disappointment. I'm going to be taking a break from PM for like a few weeks but I'll still upload vids from today.

So with that, I assume that DDing into an fsmash will go back to how it worked in Melee over the massive distance you could cover before doing it in B+/-?

Eggz

Smash Hero
Fade. on Smashmods said:
lol confirm him on smashboards, but a definite yes for this guy. He is amazing.
So I assume I'm supposed to post here or something? I don't know anything about the Project M structure, so I don't know if Fade's word is the law or anything, but I'm posting here anyways cuz I'd like to wrangle a copy to try out.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
So I assume I'm supposed to post here or something? I don't know anything about the Project M structure, so I don't know if Fade's word is the law or anything, but I'm posting here anyways cuz I'd like to wrangle a copy to try out.
We vote on applications in the backroom. We'll contact you after it's decided.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It's just that Toon Link was really floaty and out of place in PM (or that's what I'd assume would be the reason for changing fall speed). I think (or they probably already have) they'll give him better fast falling speed.

D

Deleted member

So I brought my Wii as a set up for Project M with the latest codeset to Tipped Off 6.

Played with Nicaboy and Sneak a bit. PBNJ and Mike G expressed a lot of interest when playing. Overall, the interest for Project M was well received as a lot of notable Melee players from the South stopped by to watch and ask a few questions about the game.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
So I brought my Wii as a set up for Project M with the latest codeset to Tipped Off 6.

Played with Nicaboy and Sneak a bit. PBNJ and Mike G expressed a lot of interest when playing. Overall, the interest for Project M was well received as a lot of notable Melee players from the South stopped by to watch and ask a few questions about the game.
So hype is spreading? The more the merrier. I wonder sometimes the exact number of people who know about PM.

D

Deleted member

Everybody there I talked to already knew about Project M.

Whether they liked it or not was up for grabs. There's a tendency for people to talk poorly of it and not to have tried it at all. There's a tendency for people to talk poorly of it and not understand the aim of the project at all too.

I did notice that once a person tried it, they thoroughly enjoyed it most of the time. At least (if not more) than 9 out of 10 people trying it liked it.

Complaints were typical. "L-cancelling feels different" "This character is odd and isn't the same" "This move doesn't hit as hard/too hard" I just proceed to explain that the game wasn't complete yet and that there are still problems that are going to be fixed or that characters go through experimental phases where new moves are tried to see what works.

In general, great acceptance of the game, but reluctance to try it.

AeonClock

Smash Apprentice
Everybody there I talked to already knew about Project M.

Whether they liked it or not was up for grabs. There's a tendency for people to talk poorly of it and not to have tried it at all. There's a tendency for people to talk poorly of it and not understand the aim of the project at all too.

I did notice that once a person tried it, they thoroughly enjoyed it most of the time. At least (if not more) than 9 out of 10 people trying it liked it.

Complaints were typical. "L-cancelling feels different" "This character is odd and isn't the same" "This move doesn't hit as hard/too hard" I just proceed to explain that the game wasn't complete yet and that there are still problems that are going to be fixed or that characters go through experimental phases where new moves are tried to see what works.

In general, great acceptance of the game, but reluctance to try it.
I blame the, "LOLOLOLOL Brawl sux!" mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom