• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Also, something else comes to mind - SFX. I noticed Lucas now has a silent side B. Was this how you planned to keep him or is there a plan to have him yell "PK Freeze" or whatever when he uses his modified move.
I think he grunts, actually. And it's only because "PK Frrreeeeeeeezzzzeeeee" is far too long when you actually use it. If SFX replacement becomes easier, I'm sure one of our audio crafty guys (Me, failing all else) could cut it down so it sounds better.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Thanks, X iLink X.
So... Will Nana's AI be altered so you can't control her throw direction like in Melee? Or will it be the same as in Brawl?
Right now it's more of a question of "how" not "if." We would need to adjust the degree of which the game lets you control Nana when she's desynced before we even begin to discuss the if part.

But let's say we can't figure it out, then I suppose the next question is what to do with their throws. There are options to getting rid of the alt grabs, like just removing Nana's grab from the game, and maybe something like "neither Ice Climber can input a grab within 'X' frames of another Ice Climber throwing an opponent" but I'm no coder so don't ask me if that's even possible to code.

There are big reasons why we have left the IC's alone... they are *****es to work with :(

Also, something else comes to mind - SFX. I noticed Lucas now has a silent side B. Was this how you planned to keep him or is there a plan to have him yell "PK Freeze" or whatever when he uses his modified move.
I don't know about you, but I don't want him to be yelling "PK FREEEEEEEEEEEEEZE" over and over again throughout the match :psycho:
And as Shadic said, the PK Freeze voice effect from his original Neutral B doesn't really fit the move either.

Jay Talbayne

Smash Apprentice
I don't know any sorry. It doesn't really matter how old they are. I've been trying to get footage of as many marth's possible In a series I started called Legacy(legacy of marf)

Recent trailer I just showcased some of the Marth's that are going to be in the next Legacy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPIzXr42f24

Legacy 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPm3Zu_bS1o

If any Marth's are interested in Joining feel free to post in the thread in the Marth section.

I hope 1 day I can use PM Marth footage for this.
sorry for the late Response.. but yea this is nice!! feel free to use any nice footage you see of me.. just search KenJT in youtube.. once i start playing this with friends again ill start recording.. hopefully PM will be out by then though..

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
I don't know about you, but I don't want him to be yelling "PK FREEEEEEEEEEEEEZE" over and over again throughout the match :psycho:
And as Shadic said, the PK Freeze voice effect from his original Neutral B doesn't really fit the move either.
As a suggestion, I think Lucas' voice effect from his forward smash would fit nicely.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Right now it's more of a question of "how" not "if." We would need to adjust the degree of which the game lets you control Nana when she's desynced before we even begin to discuss the if part.

But let's say we can't figure it out, then I suppose the next question is what to do with their throws. There are options to getting rid of the alt grabs, like just removing Nana's grab from the game, and maybe something like "neither Ice Climber can input a grab within 'X' frames of another Ice Climber throwing an opponent" but I'm no coder so don't ask me if that's even possible to code.

There are big reasons why we have left the IC's alone... they are *****es to work with :(

If I end up joining the back room, I'll hopefully be able to give lots of feedback on the Ice Climbers gameplay wise.

In my personal opinion they shouldn't have any inescapable chain grabs like most of the stuff in Brawl, or Wobbling in Melee. They should however, be able to combo off throws (potentially into another grab) by predicting DI.

Pretty much, there playstyle should generally be De-synch > Grab > Combo > Rinse & Repeat

As long as there are no chain grabs, I think that Nana's throws should be controllable as well.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
sorry for the late Response.. but yea this is nice!! feel free to use any nice footage you see of me.. just search KenJT in youtube.. once i start playing this with friends again ill start recording.. hopefully PM will be out by then though..
If we're lucky Project M won't be out in Beta form until almost the end of 2011 unless a miracle happens.

I've already snagged the video though.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izhfikjqB1s

All I can say about that video that spam arrows quoted the link to makes Lucas seem like a force to be reckon with. Also does Lucas's twig have a Tip of the blade type in it? because seeing snake die at 74%(Uncharged) from 3:17-3:18 in the video sorta makes me wonder that's why I ask.

Also yay that his tether still works ^_^ from what Ive seen in the video.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Kind of random but.. I just noticed, now that we have a clone engine working we can truly have Brawl characters vs. Melee and see how far we can take it just for the fun of it. Brawl characters can have all their stuff such as no DD, no dash canceling with crouch, no friction, tripping, and no l-cancels (with the help of character-specific codes instead of universal ones) vs. Melee's omg we can combo u like no tomorrow out of ur laggy attacks. I can just imagine it.. Brawl Snake definitely can't camp against PM Snake. Too bad clone engine sounds so hard to deal with at the moment though.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izhfikjqB1s

All I can say about that video that spam arrows quoted the link to makes Lucas seem like a force to be reckon with. Also does Lucas's twig have a Tip of the blade type in it? because seeing snake die at 74%(Uncharged) from 3:17-3:18 in the video sorta makes me wonder that's why I ask.
I just DI'd it horribly. it's not THAT strong

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Kind of random but.. I just noticed, now that we have a clone engine working we can truly have Brawl characters vs. Melee and see how far we can take it just for the fun of it. Brawl characters can have all their stuff such as no DD, no dash canceling with crouch, no friction, tripping, and no l-cancels (with the help of character-specific codes instead of universal ones) vs. Melee's omg we can combo u like no tomorrow out of ur laggy attacks. I can just imagine it.. Brawl Snake definitely can't camp against PM Snake. Too bad clone engine sounds so hard to deal with at the moment though.
funny thing is brawl might win. Since they would also have less hit stun, be majorly floaty, auto grab edges and other things giving brawl MK a massive advantage against someone like Melee Fox. Unless the brawl characters also moved at brawl speed.

@ClinkStryphart are you really that shocked by the Westcoast DI coming from the West coast?

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I think he grunts, actually. And it's only because "PK Frrreeeeeeeezzzzeeeee" is far too long when you actually use it. If SFX replacement becomes easier, I'm sure one of our audio crafty guys (Me, failing all else) could cut it down so it sounds better.
Sorry about the late response, but you guys make a really good point, lol. Not only is "PK Freeze" too long, but it would be annoying after a while. However, I always assumed that the "PK" thing was sort of a hallmark of the Earthbound kids. I know its kinda pointless, but I like the continuity of having them still call out their PK moves.

Taking the annoying factor into consideration, PK Fire and Freeze - the fast PK moves - should be called out initially, but if the next input is the same move or little time has passed, then the move should be silent. That way spammy Ness/Lucas's would be less grating on the ears.

As far as "freeze" being too long... I'm sure shortening it a little wouldn't be too hard - at least probably not as hard as what I previously described. Obviously I'm no expert, but editing music files is pretty simple and I imagine that SFX isn't too different although likely more complicated.

Btw, sorry I can't do more then give these little detail oriented suggestions lately. I know you guys are busy and I'd love to help by doing these things for you if I could, but I can't :p. Hopefully my suggestions are helpful in any case and at least spark ideas for you hard working devs. :)

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Continuity within the Smash Bros series...
Admittedly, I haven't played through the Earthbound/Mother games. I've tried friends' copies and that's about it really. I do know, however, that Ness has been shouting "PK" something since Smash 64. The "PSI"s have always been silent.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Admittedly, I haven't played through the Earthbound/Mother games. I've tried friends' copies and that's about it really. I do know, however, that Ness has been shouting "PK" something since Smash 64. The "PSI"s have always been silent.
I was just talking about how in Earthbound the attack is called "PSI Fire" instead of "PK Fire".

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
Don't even bother to. Lame and random stories, horrible and boring battle system, grindfest beacuse of difficulty, etc. As RPG's, those games are crap :ohwell:

I sure love the mother boys in Smash though. They have more personality there than in their original games. Can't wait to see what they're gonna do with Ness in PM, I loved owning my friends with him in the days of B+ 5.0, what an awesome child he was :laugh:

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Don't even bother to. Lame and random stories, horrible and boring battle system, grindfest beacuse of difficulty, etc. As RPG's, those games are crap :ohwell:

I sure love the mother boys in Smash though. They have more personality there than in their original games. Can't wait to see what they're gonna do with Ness in PM, I loved owning my friends with him in the days of B+ 5.0, what an awesome child he was :laugh:
Wow, you are honestly the first person I've ever seen that's said that. :laugh:

So, when the Melee characters get ported and stuff, will Mewtwo keep his Japanese lines? Cause in NTSC Melee he reused his Japanese voice, just with all of his speaking lines removed.

OverLade

Smash Hero
They can't just "port" Melee characters. They can port hitboxes/sounds/weight data but the vertex and everything attached to it has to be done manually and put together to make the character work which is what makes it so difficult.

G

genkaku

Mewtwo's Japanese lines freak me out. That's one scary pocket monster, there.

Link40

Smash Cadet
Wow. I watched the Lucas P:M videos and it looks awesome... Makes me want to play P:M even more !

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
They can't just "port" Melee characters. They can port hitboxes/sounds/weight data but the vertex and everything attached to it has to be done manually and put together to make the character work which is what makes it so difficult.
ಠ_ಠ

Really? There's no reason to be so technical about this stuff. I'm FULLY aware that they can't just put them in with no hassle whatsoever. I've been following this thread since day 1, I've been to multiple melee character threads(specifically Mewtwo's and Pichu's) right here in workshop, so I KNOW how difficult this stuff is.

So what, should I just say when the characters get vertex'd? Cause obviously saying port is soooooo incorrect.

Sorry for blowing up, but really, was it completely necessary to pick apart my comment like that?
(I'm aware of my hypocrisy here)

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
Blocked in Sweden as well and no, there's no such way (except the usage of a VPN), unless you want to download the whole clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom