• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Sora-kun, you can just crouch and Link will not take out his shield from the way.
I'm a link main =/ i know this. i'm just saying his standing animation can screw some stuff up. the shield is in a dif position from standing to crouching. The change isn't crucial it's just something that should be changed.

Shadic already fixed this or at least tweaked it.
Alright that's good to hear.

iLink

Smash Champion
I will be rather disappointed if the ledge occupancy is the same as melee. It was ******** easy to edgehog people like that.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Right now the ledge isn't exactly like Melee, but I like it for the most part.
It makes some Up B's really hard to edgehog like Peach, but it also forces the ledge to be a place with more character interaction.
With a few exceptions you can edgegaurd any recovery still (some you have to wait until over 100% to do it) but it all requires precise timing. It might not be perfectly Melee, but I like that the grabbing the ledge for a gimp requires more timing. And like JCaesar said, drop off the ledge and use an aerial while invincible if you have to.

iLink

Smash Champion
lol yeah it was "******** easy". how good are you at melee
lol you don't know me. MM me when you get the chance.

You can't tell me that edgehogging isn't easy because of the ledge occupancy being dumb. I much rather have a stricter timing to it.

With a few exceptions you can edgegaurd any recovery still (some you have to wait until over 100% to do it) but it all requires precise timing. It might not be perfectly Melee, but I like that the grabbing the ledge for a gimp requires more timing. And like JCaesar said, drop off the ledge and use an aerial while invincible if you have to.
that's basically what I want it to be like.

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
if ur not gonna buff Sing then might as well turn it into something new and useful like what has been done to Lucas. Look at a list of Pokemon attacks Jiggly can learn in the pokemon games and be creative. after all you guys are doin one heck of a job being with this Project. And i see everyone working hard on every character. This is just my opinions. not a fact. so agree some may not. Use ur creative minds people :D

Revven

FrankerZ
if ur not gonna buff Sing then might as well turn it into something new and useful like what has been done to Lucas. Look at a list of Pokemon attacks Jiggly can learn in the pokemon games and be creative. after all you guys are doin one heck of a job being with this Project. And i see everyone working hard on every character. This is just my opinions. not a fact. so agree some may not. Use ur creative minds people :D
The thing is, Melee Jiggs doesn't need Sing to be useful to be good. She doesn't need a new move, she's good as she is... which is what we're doing, making Jiggs like Melee which includes Sing being entirely useless.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
So let me get this straight. People want Brawl ledge occupancy to stay????? WHAT!!!

If Marth returns to normal it should be a problem for me because of let go->Dair. What about people who don't have a spike or a finishing aerial? Not to mention some characters recovery Moves not only last way beyond your invincibility but they also have greater priority then alot of aerial attacks. Not to mention some people are...invincible during recovery :urg:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
You get invincibility during immediate ledgehops too, meaning invincible aerials, and since aerials don't clank, you can edgeguard any recovery if you're good enough. (obviously there are exceptions, but my point is, you're blowing it waaaay out of proportion)

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Yes, lagless edges from melee allows you to do aerials while invincible.

Even if you hit the aerial and the character DI perfectly and tries to come from above, you have plenty of time to reestructure you Edgeguard and hit with another attack or edgehog if necessary.

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
The thing is, Melee Jiggs doesn't need Sing to be useful to be good. She doesn't need a new move, she's good as she is... which is what we're doing, making Jiggs like Melee which includes Sing being entirely useless.
lol ok yeah good point. lol so good u dont even need an up + b recovery.. Yoshi needed it however. i think thats the best thing Sakurai did before u guys changed the entire game lol

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
mewtwo's nair sucks, any Mewtwo main will tell you that, even though it's his best aerial. he's Mewtwo

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
lol ok yeah good point. lol so good u dont even need an up + b recovery.. Yoshi needed it however. i think thats the best thing Sakurai did before u guys changed the entire game lol

"Lol" is second only to "epic" in the list of words that are grossly overused.

ohh so overused.

Taj is too good.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I'm not saying the current edge settings are unreasonable. Perhaps we could hybrid it since we are going to hybridize alot of stuff as is. Why not set the value somewhere in the middle. just long enough to cover all aerial recovers but without making the timing as easy as before. I will say then when I last played this I found it extremely annoying when I timed it as late as I could and the person still grabbed the **** edge...:mad:

This idea should be put off till after grab boxes are shortened. We don't yet know the effects of this change.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I'm not saying the current edge settings are unreasonable. Perhaps we could hybrid it since we are going to hybridize alot of stuff as is. Why not set the value somewhere in the middle. just long enough to cover all aerial recovers but without making the timing as easy as before. I will say then when I last played this I found it extremely annoying when I timed it as late as I could and the person still grabbed the **** edge...:mad:

This idea should be put off till after grab boxes are shortened. We don't yet know the effects of this change.
holy ****. compromises never work. that's like saying that black people should only be 3/5ths of a person.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
was there some kind of lead towards coding ledge occupancy or something? or why is it being discussed? (again)

Anth0ny

Smash Master
yeah last I heard was that melee ledge occupancy wasn't going to be in because they couldn't code it, not because they didn't want it.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Mewtwo's NAir has terrible priority, but its hitbox placement gets inside a lot of character's defenses/ranges, so that makes up for it. It is more of a good move than a bad move...compared to the rest of Mewtwo's not-DTilt moves.
-DD

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I only hope landing detection gets exact or close to melee eventually. It would be nice to transfer timings on WD's and stuff completely over to melee without feeling a struggle at first. Aside from that I don't care about anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom