• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
If the landing detection code cannot be done Is P:M going to be canceled?
Uh... no... why would we cancel it when we're putting so much time and effort into months and months of work? Would be dumb if it got canceled just because we didn't have something like that. It would still play great, but it wouldn't be as great as it could be.

wait a seconds O.o...

it is now possible to get models from smash bros. melee O.o ?

Hype. M
No... it's called vertex hacking or morphing, it's a method in which you mess with a character's vertices to morph them into something you want them to look like or resemble.

GameWatching

Smash Ace
it's not morphing !
it's like melee fox !

i used a ripped model to guide me only !
but it's not a conform like melee falco !

RedFire

Smash Rookie
Don't you think that it is a bit too much to be recreating characters to look exactly like they did in Melee ?

I like Brawl for the fact it has more characters, stages, and content than Melee did.

Infact, I would rather play Brawl anyday if not for Melee's fun gameplay.

I don't think this project should turn into a complete recreation of Melee, but rather Brawl + Melee's physics.

[This part of my post has nothing to do with Project M, but]: I'm kind of getting tired of most custom stage hacks being nothing but Melee recreations. I appreaciate a couple of them ,but it's slowly becoming overkill. People need to start making fresh new stages that aren't SSE Imports/Melee or 64 Remakes like Chemical Warfare Facility.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Don't you think that it is a bit too much to be recreating characters to look exactly like they did in Melee ?

I like Brawl for the fact it has more characters, stages, and content than Melee did.

Infact, I would rather play Brawl anyday if not for Melee's fun gameplay.

I don't think this project should turn into a complete recreation of Melee, but rather Brawl + Melee's physics.
just treat the models as more of a costume or a texture

RedFire

Smash Rookie
As long as they are optional, thats fine. But they should be seperate from Project M.
GameWatching and others could make their own thread for this stuff.

I'd rather that these optional costumes and stages aren't apart of the main development of Project M. It's slowing the project down because the developers of Project M are going to begin worrying about these addons rather than the codeset.

[I edit my posts alot, I know ,but I keep forgetting things I want to say and end up editing them in later on. ]

Also, it might be difficult finding a game on Project M over wifi in f-smash or something if these stages and costumes aren't in a seperate optional package.

For example:

GUY 1: Oh dude, lets play Project M
GUY 2: I would ,but man I don't wanna download that large package

If those specific files were seperate:

GUY 2: Sure, let me just grab the NECESSARY main files

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
can anyone link me to a bowser video for Project M if there is any, and that is recent from june to now?

old videos aren't as interesting as videos from now :)

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
For example:

GUY 2: I would ,but man I don't wanna download that large package

If those specific files were seperate:

GUY 2: Sure, let me just grab the NECESSARY main files
They ARE optional. They're just being made on the side so people who want a "fuller" Melee experience can download them on their own time. And besides, people are (mostly) only making hacks of the characters who have large model changes between Melee and Brawl, like Fox, Falco, and Ganondorf. Those are significant differences and some people may definitely prefer one style over the other. Nobody is gonna care about Melee Kirby or Melee Pikachu.

RedFire

Smash Rookie
I see. However, even though these files are optional, I think they shouldn't be distributed with the main package if that is what the development team is planning on doing.

Moar Like:

Project M.zip
Project M-Addons.zip

Distributing this project in that way will simplify things.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It's. ****ing. Optional.

As in, people can grab whatever the hell they want for costumes, music, and stage textures. In addition, GameWatching is specifically designated for creating these model hacks. No time is taken out of the developers to take care of this.

Also, the sound pack is the only real add-on file this project will have.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
It's been stated that the costumes will be optional for like, months now.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Stages can't really be optional. They're a part of the game. Model hacks for chars are obviously optional. Even if they weren't, you could just take them out after you downloaded....

I also highly doubt that scenario will exist when people refuse to play because they have to wait a few minutes to download.. seriously.. that was exaggerating a bit.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
A few questions:

So how are the wavedash lengths of the brawl characters? Are you going to alter some of the charcter's friction to give them worse/better wavedashes?

Also, what is up with ROB? I remember talk about air dashing but I haven't read/ seen anything in a while.

Revven

FrankerZ
A few questions:

So how are the wavedash lengths of the brawl characters? Are you going to alter some of the charcter's friction to give them worse/better wavedashes?

Also, what is up with ROB? I remember talk about air dashing but I haven't read/ seen anything in a while.
We already have altered their friction but it's not perfect for any character.

As for ROB, nothing is up with ROB right now because we are not working on him at the moment, he's been held back.

I've asked that WD question like 3 times now.. No answer.
No answer probably because it's fairly obvious that WD lengths are not perfect and we are constantly changing things so there's no "definite" answer to give.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
I just had the privelidge to try out the current version of this, and I spent most of my time playing young/toon link. There's obviously a bit of controversy over having to mash two different characters together, and I understand that. I just want to help combine two parts and not make those parts clash horribly.

I play young link in melee, and I think the most defining aspect of young link is his projectiles. They rock up damage and are meant to combo into other attacks. You added a lot of young links attacks that those projectiles combo into, but the current toon link projectiles don't do that the same way that young link's do. The arrows especially feel weird with the current moveset. They're slow and straight, menaing easy to avoid, and don't do the right thing when they hit. The bombs don't get thrown as far as they do in melee, and I don't see how making his throwing range better can be a bad thing. His boomerang felt a little weird, but there are a million weird melee properties to it. I guess I felt fine with how it handled for the most part.

I know that you have to cater to toon link too, but projectiles were major to young link's game, and without them a lot of his attacks lose half their viability because they can't be comboed into. I don't know what toon links feel about this, but that's just my standpoint from young link's perspective.

Blitzkrieg98

Smash Apprentice
Quite the boss looking DK you have going on there, GameWatching. Keep up the good work.

But (just curious), how's Melee Final Destination going?

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
GarbanzoLozano discovered something weird with falco's shine on the current version. Apparently, when you turn immediately after the shine, a double shine is performed without losing a jump. It can be performed in the air also.

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34zlByHRTbg

We think it has something to do with B-reversal or wavebounce, maybe?

-Zerounderone [my bad fear, forgot logoff :)]

edit: good stuff, explains why we couldn't get the dk to take 16dmg when we did it.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Also, if you are trying to file a bug report, do it in the private forums.

If you are playing Project M, you should know someone who can post there.
We don't want people reporting bugs in here, simply because idiots will say "Project M is buggy as hell" when we are like "lol, its alpha, if it was done it would be out"

Also....podcast feat Dantarion sometime?

I R MarF

Smash Ace
So what is your view ("your" being the project m team) on the Invisible Ceiling Glitch?

Granted, it seems a little "pointless" but it is a possible contender for future tactics in Melee's meta game. If done on the stage it opens up a variety of combos and if used on the edge can setup for a guaranteed KO.

[For those that don't know what the invisible ceiling glitch is]: In short, if you powershield an opponents attack and subsequently hit them while they are still in hitlag they will hit an "invisble ceiling" and be spiked downward. This effect stays until the victim of the ICG hits the ground. So if you do this to someone and they hit the stage, the ICG won't affect them when you hit them again. However, if they don't hit the stage and are hit off the edge they will go downwards, and all attacks that hit them will send them downwards.

Here is a couple of vids demonstrating some of the stuff I just said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3_vZIRVkvI <<This demonstrates the invisible ceiling glitch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqw3FVw4vXw&feature=related <<This demonstrates how all attacks knock downwards if the victim of ICG doesn't hit the stage. (That's why Link's dair could spike) This also shows that you don't NEED to powershield, however, powershielding is the only way to perform this glitch in singles whereas in doubles it can be done with regular shield if your partner hits for you.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Idk, I think its an interesting reward for power shielders and adds some possible depth to the game. But if it is too hard to code/ not of current interest I guess you shouldn't bother with it until the project is done so you have more things to do for later builds.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Yo-yo glitch is a bad example because its character specific, is much less situational, and even less skill based. Its also banned.

If you are talking about the guaranteed KO status, better examples would have been wobbling and jigg's rest. Granted, the latter is just a regular attack and the former is a controversial exploit that is allowed in "light use" but they both are often guaranteed stocks and aren't even universal. If Jiggs being able to press a button and kill you is fair but a highly situational, skill based, and universal "glitch" isn't than I don't even know what fair is.

Then again, I don't want to argue so this is the last thing I am going to say about it. I just thought it was interesting and had some potential for the status of "top level AT", a variety of on stage combos (Like ICG Falco shine to Usmash), and a rewarding counter when near the edge. It could also have been balanced if the ceiling was techable. lol

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Yo-yo glitch is a bad example because its character specific, is much less situational, and even less skill based. Its also banned.

If you are talking about the guaranteed KO status, better examples would have been wobbling and jigg's rest. Granted, the latter is just a regular attack and the former is a controversial exploit that is allowed in "light use" but they both are often guaranteed stocks and aren't even universal. If Jiggs being able to press a button and kill you is fair but a highly situational, skill based, and universal "glitch" isn't than I don't even know what fair is.

Then again, I don't want to argue so this is the last thing I am going to say about it. I just thought it was interesting and had some potential for the status of "top level AT", a variety of on stage combos (Like ICG Falco shine to Usmash), and a rewarding counter when near the edge. It could also have been balanced if the ceiling was techable. lol
Even if the BR wanted to add it, I don't see how someone could code it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom