• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Think about it. Have you ever a professional Melee player walking from place to place? No. Because they don't need to walk. They wavedash. Even in their daily lives. Fact.

ONE DAY. I WAS WAVEDASHING MY WAY TO SCHOOL WHEN I LOOKED TO MY SIDE AND SAW A KID USING HIS NORMAL RUN.

SO I ****ING KILLED HIM.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Yoshi's shield doesn't shrink....
was this in response to me?

it doesn't shrink nor get poked- but it does decay and eventually break.

yoshi with oos options >>>> no oos options and being able to absorb attacks on the rare occasion

also: missed the stream

oh well

ValTroX

Smash Ace
was this in response to me?

it doesn't shrink nor get poked- but it does decay and eventually break.

yoshi with oos options >>>> no oos options and being able to absorb attacks on the rare occasion

also: missed the stream

oh well
yeah i know, but he DOES have the best shield, just not the best shield drop xD. I would also like him to jump oos, but it's not necessary that he does :)

Crooked Crow

oooh, you mean in terms of priority and stuff. i guess.

lol

he takes several frames longer to even shield drop or initially shield. oos options make me hard

was yoshi played on the recent stream? what about pit?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
yeah i know, but he DOES have the best shield, just not the best shield drop xD. I would also like him to jump oos, but it's not necessary that he does :)
How can people think this? OoS **** in Melee is VERY necessary. When Yoshi shields you can literally wait and punish what ever he does on reaction, that's gay. That's why Yoshi's try not to shield unless they're parrying. Yoshi does need it to not be a medeocre character.

Crooked Crow

yeah, forgot to mention that..

parrying is hard to get in terms of consistency too.

since melee i've thought yoshi's shield was like a prison. oos options would turn his moveset (combined with djc) into an arsenal.

necko kat

Smash Cadet
Guys, it's obv that the new character is Snake with a useful over B
Like that pistol in his holster would make the better Falco! :troll::troll::troll:

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
Smash physics IRL are too hard to master; I tried a drop-through from a second floor head-first...never tried it again.

I'm really expecting a blogpost this weekend, it's been two weeks so don't let us hanging guys <3

Msingh0

Smash Apprentice
Neko, that boot in the irc was exactly what I was looking for, so good I almost rejoined to thank you, but then I thought, no that wouldn't be stylish at all. so I said it here. normal conversation can now carry on. :awesome:

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
off-topic, but is being homeschooled as incredibly awesome as it sounds? any chance you could convince your mom to integrate PM into the curriculum? :awesome::awesome:
Our homeschooling isn't like that lol. We have the curriculum, we do the work, send it in to teachers and get grades. We teach ourselves. :laugh:

Anyways, on topic(sorta); the stream will not have the recording posted as you could tell. LOL

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I hate the fact that I can leave this page loaded on my computer under constant refresh for hours. Then when I leave for a few hours suddenly a stream happens...bull****!

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
i think ill hold a stream just for spam arrows this weekend loool
Sure....

Pit only! Final Destination!

When a completed pit gets added to the demo I'll stop posting here forever.

When Completed DDD gets added I'll stop posting on the site and delete my account.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Sure....

Pit only! Final Destination!

When a completed pit gets added to the demo I'll stop posting here forever.

When Completed DDD gets added I'll stop posting on the site and delete my account.
*sweatdrop* Falcon sweatdrop!

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
So, I've been watching the streams, and I saw a bit of Lucario. It seems like his vb has been turned into some kind of power-up move. What effect does it have on him?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Lucario is a character that we've not made much progress on, and the power-up move hasn't had any mechanics solidified yet, nor are we sure if we're even keeping it.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
i think ill hold a stream just for spam arrows this weekend loool
Well, it looks like there will be internet access at nobrandcon (3 days all melee/project m). Hopefully I'll be able to stream. However, it won't be as great quality as they are now because I will have to use a laptop.

So yeah, hopefully like 9 hour stream each day. :3c

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Well, it looks like there will be internet access at nobrandcon (3 days all melee/project m). Hopefully I'll be able to stream. However, it won't be as great quality as they are now because I will have to use a laptop.

So yeah, hopefully like 9 hour stream each day. :3c
Best news since "landing detection solved"

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I'm not entirely sure how well the connection will be since it's going to be the hotel wifi and everyone is able to be connected to it. If I end up using too much bandwidth they might ask me to stop. Let's just hope that doesn't happen!

Ecks

Smash Lord
I'm not entirely sure how well the connection will be since it's going to be the hotel wifi and everyone is able to be connected to it. If I end up using too much bandwidth they might ask me to stop. Let's just hope that doesn't happen!
You can always save replays and upload the best ones. Unless its characters you can't show to the public yet.

Edit: Or you could stream the replays when you get home lol

shanus

Smash Hero
New blogpost up.

http://www.smashmods.com/index.php

Also @ Ecks:

Due to the codes in the aforementioned blogpost, replays are currently broken. We are looking into fixing them, but its complicated as they are encrypted on write, so we need to figure out how to store the new inputs into the replay, and then also enable the game to read these inputs during the replay.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Yeah, sorry that we can't really save replays. BTW You guys, this also explains why PMBR members haven't been uploading replays, because our replays are screwed up. :laugh: That's why we have been streaming more often.

EDIT: If the stream at NBC does happen and has fine FPS, I don't think that if the stream was saved that someone would want to watch a 9 hour recording. :laugh:

Ulevo

Smash Master
New blogpost up.

http://www.smashmods.com/index.php

Also @ Ecks:

Due to the codes in the aforementioned blogpost, replays are currently broken. We are looking into fixing them, but its complicated as they are encrypted on write, so we need to figure out how to store the new inputs into the replay, and then also enable the game to read these inputs during the replay.
Shanus, I am trying to understand the blog post appropriately in regards to shield presses.

Are you saying that we are no longer able to lightly press the L/R triggers for shielding, wavedashing, air dodging, so on and so forth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom