• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nucleotyde
3DS FC
1977-0411-3918
What's the song that was playing on Yoshi's Island in the livestream? I recognize it, but I have no idea why.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
We're posting teaser pictures of things mostly not seen before in the IRC, FYI. So if you're reaalllyyyy wanting something new..

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
And this isn't a social thread either.

Nosboss

Smash Cadet
Alright heres one for ya,
3 businessmen after settling a huge deal in another city decide to stay the night at a motel before their flight leaves the next day, feeling rather frugal and cheap, the 3 men decide to share a room and split the cost. They check into the motel and the room is $30 altogether, so they each decide to pay $10 each to be fair. The next day when the attendant was checking the records, he realizes the men were overcharged and the room was only $25, so the attendant calls a bellhop and gives him the $5 to give back to the 3 men. On the way up though the bellhop takes $2 for himself and decides to give each businessmen $1 each, so each paid $9 each for the room instead of $10. SO if $9x3=$27 and the bellhop took $2 for himself which then equals $29, what happened to the remaining dollar?
There is no remaining dollar.

They paid $30 total. The original price was $25, so they should have had $5 change. The bellhop took $2 for himself, so they got $3 in change instead.

Ecks

Smash Lord
haha not quite, they're feeling frugal, and besides...they have each other.
I've known the answer to that one for like 2 years now. It's rather simple...but I won't say it because I'm just so bored that I'd rather see other people try just so I can pass the time.

Edit: Damn solved already? quick someone tell another!

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
fffff-- ninja'd

Stinks that I have computer science homework during P:M's debut. :[

shanus

Smash Hero
Guys, bring the social discussions to the irc. Let's keep this thread on info pertinent to PM atm, which should get exciting in the near future!

BlueSamsara

Smash Cadet
oh yay
dy/dx = (1-x^1/2)^1/2

f(x) = (2/3)(1-x^1/2)^3/2 + C

Not sure on that one. Chain rule with integrals is FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU
nawww soonnn
**** don't work like that

integral of ((1-x^1/2)^1/2)dx
u=x^(1/2)
du=1/(2*x^1/2)dx
du*2*x^1/2=dx
du*d*u=dx
so you get (1-u)^1/2)u*du
then do w=(1-u) On my test I used happy face and my teacher got mad at me
u=1-w
du=dw
w^(1/2)*(1-w)*dw
distribute: (w^1/2-w^3/2)dw
Then **** **** UP (integrate)
(2/3)w^3/2-(2/5)w^(5/2) + C
(2/3)(1-u)^3/2-(2/5)(1-u)^(5/2) + C
(2/3)(1-root(x))^3/2-(2/5)(1-root(x))^(5/2) + C
That might be the same thing as you got but i don't wanna simplify that further lol

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
f(x) = (1-x^1/2)^1/2

indefinite integral...

g(x) = (-4/15) (1 - root(x)) ^ (3/2) (3 root(x) + 2) + C

someone can check it by taking the derivative of g(x) to get f(x) again

edit:

too good man for not being too lazy to write in all the steps LOL (Y) i'm too lazy to simplify and compare tho oh well lol
For someone who hasn't taken Calculus in 2 years I remembered a surprising amount of that...

I'm taking Calc III... wait till you get there... FUN stuff :glare:
Do you mean Differential Equations? That wasn't so bad, Series and Sequences SUCKED.

Sails

Smash Ace
I do not understand all the excitement...it's just a demo people!
Considering you registered just to post this, here's why: It's something to play until the final product is out. That's why people enjoy demos. Look at the people who preordered Crackdown just so they could have the Halo 3 beta back in the day. MILLIONS DID THIS.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
What part of "take off topic stuff to irc or this will be locked" do you guys not understand?

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Its still aint finished yet. I invited my friend over and we watched a movie and f%cked her and its still not done. I really shocked right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom