• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Only the PM thread can get this many people this quickly less than 2 hours after being unlocked <3

Anth0ny

Smash Master
oh mah gawd the thread is back!

allow me to create equlibrium:

-OH MAH GAWD STOP CHANGING THE CHARACTERS
-OH MAH GAWD I WANT AUTO L CANCEL
-OH MAH GAWD THIS GAME FEELS WEIRD L CANCELLING IS OFF
-OH MAH GAWD BALANCE BALANCE BALANCE

did I miss anything? no? good :)

hype!

Blitzkrieg98

Smash Apprentice
About time...

As for said major updates: with what we have been shown so far, I wouldn't even dream of being disappointed. Keep it up, PM devs.

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
I think Brawl Bair should stay. It was combo sexywise and covered a wide range. I thought of it more as a poor mans marths fair.

His legs are to tiny for melee back air.... tiny tiny legs!

Great name for new toon link... Ben....

btw I think an awesome title for PM finished would be Melee 2nd Impact!!! XD

D

Deleted member

How is TL's bair not better than YL's bair?

I must be crazy or wrong seeing TL's bair being superb in comparison to YL's in every single way.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Ben drowned.

DACUS is also harder to execute in general. I can't remember if it's buffer or something else, though.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yay thread!

I would do a celebratory livestream tonight but it's wings night :reverse: Buffalo Wild Wings to be exact. Get hyped!

Stevo

Smash Champion
brawl Bair differentiates Kid link more from adult link and also fits a run-around-and-combo-with-projectiles type of game play better imo.

I'm pretty sure they were not planning on using the melee bair anyway.

Stevo

Smash Champion
2 line rants confirmed for P:M
(lol could't resist sorry)

ok so is there anyone that still opposes making a hybrid toon/young link?
I am very happy with how Nurse Mario turned out.

JOE!

Smash Hero
I dont oppose, as long as he is differnt enough from Regular link, and the other two to be recognizable as his own "version" of the Y/T Link

Brian_Link

Smash Cadet
2 line rants confirmed for P:M
(lol could't resist sorry)

ok so is there anyone that still opposes making a hybrid toon/young link?
I am very happy with how Nurse Mario turned out.
That's the reason I did mine. Don't worry MonkUnit, that was my last/only one.

As for TooYoung Link, if there's a Young Link skin, I'll be happy. If there isn't, well I didn't plan on playing him too much either way.

G

genkaku

Yay for thread.

Darn you shanus, subtly teasing me so. And being trapped in my uncle's house with nothing to do but practice techskill and mix music just makes it worssssse.

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
Toon link has tiny tiny legs... they were originally used for picking berries in the garden.
What about Tlinks Down air? I think its pretty haphazard. I havent seen any Tlinks use it as a fastfalling device and it mostly leads to suicides. If you get rid of the momentum it might lead to more less error gameplay?

also...tiny tiiiineiii legs

I have to say.. BWW could be in PM someone mught of made an item picture hack of it... Stream would be sweet thnx! and FoD looks amazing... Mewtwo2000 really out does himself...

B.W.

Smash Champion
Keep T.Link's bair. It just works better.

Also are we getting our flaming hilt spike back? I don't even care if the fire is replaced with gay man body glitter it just needs to hilt spike like a mother. Also is T.Link going to get any moves that send the opponent upward other than d-tilt and u-tilt? Like running attack like Link's or something would be nice. Maybe switch it up so that T.Link's f-tilt sends up and behind you a little and the running attack still sends like Y.Link's.

I dunno I just feel like in melee Y.Link's major problem is not having a dependable attack that sends the opponent above him so he can combo out of it. If you guys are mostly done with T.Link's changes is it possible you could post a list of what changed to what so far?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Toon link has tiny tiny legs... they were originally used for picking berries in the garden.
What about Tlinks Down air? I think its pretty haphazard. I havent seen any Tlinks use it as a fastfalling device and it mostly leads to suicides. If you get rid of the momentum it might lead to more less error gameplay?

also...tiny tiiiineiii legs

I have to say.. BWW could be in PM someone mught of made an item picture hack of it... Stream would be sweet thnx! and FoD looks amazing... Mewtwo2000 really out does himself...
Forced fastfall from Dair should be gone.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Toon Link's Dair doesn't auto-fall.

Also is T.Link going to get any moves that send the opponent upward other than d-tilt and u-tilt? Like running attack like Link's or something would be nice.
Trashing Young Link's dash attack would be terrible.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Keep the "yay this thread is back" and other off-topic comments to a minimum. Thanks.

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
How do i get my friends to play this, they mentioned this which caused me to look it up, but said it was "********" because if your gonna mod brawl to be melee, why don't you just play melee?

I guess so you can play the new characters (and old ones thanks to balance... I just want this so I can play Link against their Foxes)? I don't think they'll transfer if their P M characters don't closely resemble their Melee characters.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
How do i get my friends to play this, they mentioned this which caused me to look it up, but said it was "********" because if your gonna mod brawl to be melee, why don't you just play melee?

I guess so you can play the new characters (and old ones thanks to balance... I just want this so I can play Link against their Foxes)? I don't think they'll transfer if their P M characters don't closely resemble their Melee characters.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
GOOD NEWS! After a day of using Marth in melee, I landed my first ken combo
I r happy.
KEN CALLED HE WANTS TO KNOW YER CURRENT LOCATION.
/noonecares

B.W.

Smash Champion
Toon Link's Dair doesn't auto-fall.

Trashing Young Link's dash attack would be terrible.
I agree, which is why I say maybe f-tilt could do the job. I definitely think he needs some solid ground move that pops people in the air. Otherwise make bombs explode people upward a little and have all four explosions a little higher than the last? I dunno I haven't used him since I haven't played, so I don't know what he's got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom