• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Yesssss I finally got the name change.

Hello it's scarr I have a name I feel less embarrassed of using because I didn't know who Scar was when I first signed up and also lime green.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I finally got a chance to play 2.5 today with a friend and all I have to say is that

Project M has surpassed Melee to me

You (the PMBR) have done it, great job. The latest lag fix was really the thing that did ir for me, it makes a HUGE difference to Melee veterans, HUGE.

I'm trying to get a Project M scene started in my country, it's gonna be difficult but I enjoy playing P:M more than Melee now

Wolf feels absolutely AMAZING, the character is made for me. I main Fox in Melee but his playstyle doesn't feel nearly as good as Wolf's

I love you guys <3

MaxThunder

PM Support
When are we going to get stories of dreams that actually happened? I don't believe your dream either Max, you didn't even describe the burger
was more a description of my general level of control in my dreams...

today i was going to kindergarten but a friend stopped me outside my house... so we started talking about charizard... then i turned away and turned back and he was some really really fat guy... i shouted "wait who the **** are you!!!" at him in my head, but i only said "do you want fries with that?.." and he left and i went back into my house that now was letohallen... i decided i'd rather go to the kindergarten, but despuite my attampts to leave i just ended up walking around in there throwing popcorn at people... then suddenly i had a match and had to play armada while he was sitting on leffen's shoulders (they had to put a tv on top of 2 tables so he could see properly...) and he used a falco that shot knees and me and the knees came out of the tv and i woke up...

MaxThunder

PM Support
no, my recording setup has a button lag for some reason
probably cause hd pvr and i dont have an hd tv sooo

ooooor im imagining it
you don't have splitters, right?.. sounds like you're plugging into hd pvr and plugging that into tv... try getting splitters...

if you have splitters, disregard this and pretend i was talking about lolis...

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Yeah, the input lag was the main reason poeple felt something was off in 2.1 and earlier versions. I'm really happy it's gone.

I'd say that the best way to improve the scene is to bring it to events and public areas. My area reached a point where I don't need to host them anymore. If fans take it into their own hands, they can make an incredible difference.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I just remembered that when 2.0 came out, I set Fountain of Dreams in My Music to have the smallest possible chance of playing the Rainbow Cloud song from Pokemon Snap (my other 2 songs are on the highest probability). I still haven't encountered the song yet.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Well, now everyone else has this "yellow card, red card" bit because I have the power to strike you down, but I often just look at that as -1 for me. :(

Either way, I wonder how many people actively play Brawl and PM.

MaxThunder

PM Support
maxthunder is in my brain
i am everywhere=)...

would be cool to have P:M iconsm anyways...

personally i don't really care much anymore, though... cause i stopped putting effort into ganon so i can have all chars i play up there, anyways..

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I was just reminiscing on how much of a badass Metal Mario was in SSB64, marching straight through your attacks without giving a ****. Sure, he's easy to high-level players, but everything is easy to them.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
He wasn't just easy to high-level players. He was easy to low-level players too. I'm not exactly a high-level player even now, but I'm way better than I was back then, and I remember him being easy even back then.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Maybe my memory of him is slightly skewed by time and nostalgia, but I remember having a lot of trouble with him, at least on higher difficulties.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Metal Mario got ***** by throws. Half the time, he wouldn't even try to Upb back to the stage.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Well yeah, that does kinda make him dead in 2.5 seconds. My problem was that I always had trouble actually getting him to the edge to do that, so I had to go for the conventional method: hit things until they die.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Well yeah, that does kinda make him dead in 2.5 seconds. My problem was that I always had trouble actually getting him to the edge to do that, so I had to go for the conventional method: hit things until they die.
or just grab him, throw him towards the edge, and keep going until he's dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom