• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
wavebouncing is the most important thing in Project M that wasn't in melee. Since there is way more ground to air momentum in this then there was in brawl, the effects are like doubled almost...its crazy

jalued

Smash Lord
Ness is really good and I have played him mostly recently, but I can tell you that PK Fire>PK Fire should never work, but PK Fire > Dthrow is really good, like 40 damage.

I really need to utilize brawl ATs like RAR like I used to back in my brawl days:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA8nzfjQbrM

4 year throwback =D
yeah if they smash DI it (as my friends do) you cannot follow it up with another pk fire. Grab is the safest option but if you feel lucky try dair->jab reset or fair->grab.

Loving DJC dair -> techchase baseball bat :D (or even just jab reset)

PEEF!

Smash Hero
yeah if they smash DI it (as my friends do) you cannot follow it up with another pk fire. Grab is the safest option but if you feel lucky try dair->jab reset or fair->grab.

Loving DJC dair -> techchase baseball bat :D (or even just jab reset)
Are you getting fair to combo into grab vs non-fastfallers? Try telling your practice partner to sdi up and see if you can still get him before he jumps.

Ecks

Smash Lord
If you can score a hit after pk fire hits you may as well uair juggle. At high percentages you could djcdair and you get a guaranteed follow up into rising uair.

jalued

Smash Lord
Are you getting fair to combo into grab vs non-fastfallers? Try telling your practice partner to sdi up and see if you can still get him before he jumps.
haha my mate only plays wolf and bowser curently, so it works on him :p Have you found any application for DJC fairs? (the really fast ones with the tiny hitbox)

If you can score a hit after pk fire hits you may as well uair juggle. At high percentages you could djcdair and you get a guaranteed follow up into rising uair.
Not strictly true, the pk fire has an annoying habit of trapping the opponent in so they don't pop up for a follow up. It may be due to the way momentum works, I'm not sure. I find DJC dairs will just keep them in the fire rather than pop up, the same for upair if you do it too quickly.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
Does anyone still have the very first trailer for project m? Where it showcased the hybird airdodge code. I kinda wanna watch it again haha. Just to see how far you guys have come in terms of physics.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
how close is the team to fixing the 1 frame of lag on all actions, it really bugs me that evveryone's timing is different.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Ness is really good and I have played him mostly recently, but I can tell you that PK Fire>PK Fire should never work, but PK Fire > Dthrow is really good, like 40 damage.

I really need to utilize brawl ATs like RAR like I used to back in my brawl days:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA8nzfjQbrM

4 year throwback =D
Needs more RAR 360 Falcon Punches.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
you can already do 360s by tapping to the opposite side slightly before (like a reverse punch in melee) then 180ing the punch

BairJew

Smash Journeyman
Good, we need more Lucas players. So much untapped potential.
I just started playing this game again, definitely my main, that dwnB and just everything is sooooo amazing. Thanks to Lucas I am now hooked.
Hopefully they will do something to his recovery though, still mad easy to punish. Maybe if a hitbox was placed around when you are controlling the pk lightning during his upB, similar or like during fox's upB it might be a little easier for lucas to recover, it seemed like a good idea when I discussed it with a friend of mine.

jalued

Smash Lord
I just started playing this game again, definitely my main, that dwnB and just everything is sooooo amazing. Thanks to Lucas I am now hooked.
Hopefully they will do something to his recovery though, still mad easy to punish. Maybe if a hitbox was placed around when you are controlling the pk lightning during his upB, similar or like during fox's upB it might be a little easier for lucas to recover, it seemed like a good idea when I discussed it with a friend of mine.
Then again, he does need to have a weakness to balance his amazing onstage combo potential :p

odinNJ

Smash Lord
who wants to talk about how amazing zard is
and who wants to answer my earlier question

BairJew

Smash Journeyman
Then again, he does need to have a weakness to balance his amazing onstage combo potential :p
his combo potential is amazing, but it can sadly be easily outspaced and outranged by characters like DeeDee, and even puff can punish misspaced moves of his since he seems to mainly be effective against spacies and such due to the trajectory his dwnb send people when it hits them. Since it sends the character behind lucas floaties are usually unaffected, especially peach, and lucario can handle it pretty easy and retaliate back with a powerful punch.

jalued

Smash Lord
his combo potential is amazing, but it can sadly be easily outspaced and outranged by characters like DeeDee, and even puff can punish misspaced moves of his since he seems to mainly be effective against spacies and such due to the trajectory his dwnb send people when it hits them. Since it sends the character behind lucas floaties are usually unaffected, especially peach, and lucario can handle it pretty easy and retaliate back with a powerful punch.
try his sideB for spacies

And with floaties... no one can combo them very effectively, it's part of why being a floaty can be good. Every character will have good and bad matchups

edit: can't you just waveshine towards the falco/pit?

BairJew

Smash Journeyman
try his sideB...
SideB effectively keeps out characters who don't rely on projectiles to approach, yet turnips, lucario's magic blue balls, pit arrow shenanigans, falco's lasers, they all kill his recovery and ability to outspace. Also realized marth can easssssssssilyyy **** his comboing potential due to his weight being quite good for marths combos, and spacing he gets kinda ***** again in that mu.

jalued

Smash Lord
SideB effectively keeps out characters who don't rely on projectiles to approach, yet turnips, lucario's magic blue balls, pit arrow shenanigans, falco's lasers, they all kill his recovery and ability to outspace. Also realized marth can easssssssssilyyy **** his comboing potential due to his weight being quite good for marths combos, and spacing he gets kinda ***** again in that mu.
And with floaties... no one can combo them very effectively, it's part of why being a floaty can be good. Every character will have good and bad matchups

edit: can't you just waveshine towards the falco/pit?

Ecks

Smash Lord
Not strictly true, the pk fire has an annoying habit of trapping the opponent in so they don't pop up for a follow up. It may be due to the way momentum works, I'm not sure. I find DJC dairs will just keep them in the fire rather than pop up, the same for upair if you do it too quickly.
Yeah, you're right. It looks like Dair keeps them in the fire depending on if the opponent is in the ground or not. If the opponent leaves the ground during sdi then dair will keep them inside (basically working like it normally would). I blame the CPU for falling for this.

KingBlaze777

Smash Apprentice
It does work. Fire the first PK Fire from the ground and the second one from the air then proceed to grab the enemy. It works exceptionally well against larger characters, with "regular" sized characters it works too, just not as effective 'cause they can escape it with ease. Also, PK Fire can lock in several characters by spamming it from the ground and air. I'm not kidding, you can get Bowser up to 999% by locking him in PK Fire

jalued

Smash Lord
I have been wondering about buffer. Do the backroom plan to leave it in as an optional extra, and leave it up to tournament hosts to regulate the usage?

It just seems to me that a peach with 1 frame buffer is ALOT harder to shield pressure because she can do perfect nair OOS without the player practicing it.

A player should have to work for perfect iasa cancels and OOS options, to understand the timings required in each scenario.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The option is there for players getting used to 0 buffer, as well as WiFi purposes. It is not to be used in a tournament setting.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
? What's wrong with the staling? it functions exactly as it does in melee

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I think the problem with staling was that it seems to stop Link's bomb jump in this game. Although I'm cool with Link being forced to choose between using his upB offensively or for recovery, it would also be cool if he were guaranteed of his bomb jump working.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Link's Up-B can stale to the point where he can't bomb jump in Melee. This isn't new, guys.

This should be a thing. I have no idea how to make it happen, but twirling Falcon punch as many times as you like before it lands would be quite interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom