• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
An improved AI could potentially benefit a lot of players training-wise

Oh, apparently someone didn't like my profile pic

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Ness DJC:
I do them in a couple ways, depending on situation. For fastest possible: Y>Up on Control Stick>Cstick/A>Fastfall>Lcancel, all about as fast as I can do them, and I'm pretty sure that I do them about as fast as can be done (sometimes uair and dair hitboxes don't come out though).

However if I am doing a bair, the perfect timing seems to be a quickish double tap on Y because you have to let the bair come out, and you can also do the nice movement stuff where you jump one way to get out of the way and then dj in the other direction to bair where you were originally standing.

I have not found much use for fair DJCd. I also have had a very hard time finding a place for it much anywhere, other than just to throw something out in front of me, and i think this is at least a decent purpose. With DI and SDI up, Ness just cannot really follow it up vs most characters, however. I was told that it was really important to Ness' combo game but I have had a hard time with that ever since my opponent realized he could DI+SDI up and jump away before I could get up there...

jalued

Smash Lord
Ness DJC:
I do them in a couple ways, depending on situation. For fastest possible: Y>Up on Control Stick>Cstick/A>Fastfall>Lcancel, all about as fast as I can do them, and I'm pretty sure that I do them about as fast as can be done (sometimes uair and dair hitboxes don't come out though).

However if I am doing a bair, the perfect timing seems to be a quickish double tap on Y because you have to let the bair come out, and you can also do the nice movement stuff where you jump one way to get out of the way and then dj in the other direction to bair where you were originally standing.

I have not found much use for fair DJCd. I also have had a very hard time finding a place for it much anywhere, other than just to throw something out in front of me, and i think this is at least a decent purpose. With DI and SDI up, Ness just cannot really follow it up vs most characters, however. I was told that it was really important to Ness' combo game but I have had a hard time with that ever since my opponent realized he could DI+SDI up and jump away before I could get up there...
its also that because the hotbox is so small, its really easy to CC it. I prefer upairs

exxilee

Smash Rookie
I find DJC to very simple and fast if done in this method:

press x or y to initially jump, then quickly press up on the control stick and immediately input and aerial on the c-stick. And if you want to do a rising aerial (not djc), just hold A and use the x/y button to jump again, because then you can hold the jump

basically:
DJC = cstick
rising aerial = A

The only thing i find hard to do quickly is DJC nairs

Btw, ganon cannot do SH upairs to pressure people on the lower platform of YS ala melee, he teleports onto the platform. I hope this can be fixed eventually
Exactly this is it! I use this every time with lucas <3 spamming :)

Wolfy!

Indecisive
They didn't mean it was difficult to djc an uair with the cstick, they meant it's much easier to do it quickly using other methods, like clawing, because your thumb doesn't have to move all the way from the jump button to the cstick, which costs you valuable frames.

In short: not harder to do. Harder to do as fast.
I do it fast enough that I don't lose valuable frames. :3

But yeah, I see what you're saying.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Some other things on my mind.

Alright so DACUS is super rigged with Ganon and Lucus. More so with Lucas than with Ganon though. Zelda's Telecancel is rigged beyond belief. Combined with 3 dins it's like....what the hell she's such a **** it's not funny. I fear her getting into extremely capable hands could mean problems for a huge chunk of the cast. Would be hilarious if she became the new Sheik in this game :p. Ike is such a ****. To quote Kanye west...no one man should have all that Power!....except Ganon. Wolf still doesn't feel natural to me just yet in comparison to the other spacies but he is still good. Wario to me is like...Luigi and jigglypuff had a baby. Bowser is fun but still has a weakness to big stages combined with fast characters or projectiles or both. However he's alot more viable then before...maybe if he had a way of tanking falco lasers :cool:. Donkey Kong I barely touched until recently and he's possibly the biggest surprise so far. He's 100 times as fun to play as he use to be and also seems to be considerably more viable. The dash attack off the ledge still gets me sometimes though... Pit I am terribly satisfied with. Although I've had to learn to combo less and camp more but after thinking about it I realize it's mainly the shields in this game that limit my approach...but I'm pit. I don't gotta go over there :awesome:. I suspect though when the shields are finally restored and grab priority is fixed you will see some more aggression from pit players. Fair and Nair currently get shield grabbed WAAAAY too much.

In other news....Wifi is more fun then I expected but about as troublesome as I expected as well.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Bowser's crawl tanks Falco lasers
Nothing's wrong with grab priority. In this game, you take damage and grab them. In Melee, you just grab them (ignoring the attack). Either way, you still get a grab.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Bowser's crawl tanks Falco lasers
Nothing's wrong with grab priority. In this game, you take damage and grab them. In Melee, you just grab them (ignoring the attack). Either way, you still get a grab.
Oh...I didn't know what about the crawl....interesting. I was informed that you could tank hits and grab because something was wrong with the grabs....It's not of major concern now though and I guess It will be different when shields are changed somewhat...but it limits pit's approach to aerial assaults from above(typically dair) and timed to land behind the opponent so they don't get shield grabbed. Once people figure this out...well it becomes really difficult to approach after that. Again...you don't have to go over there because you have arrows but...it would be nice if you could attack someone safely from another angle. I've tried it and so far I can't find any other way to approach without getting shield grabbed. Someone know something I don't?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm saying that the grab priority issue is not relevant to your approaching woes. Shield pushback, size, regeneration, and shieldpoke mechanics might be.

Sethlon: MOAR PURPLE

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I'm saying that the grab priority issue is not relevant to your approaching woes. Shield pushback, size, regeneration, and shieldpoke mechanics might be.
Ahhh true. Is that possible to fix? After landing detection...anything is possible. If it's not possible right away are there any ideas to temporarily fix shields? Right now shielding mechanics are the only really noticeable stand out flaw in comparison to melee that I can't help but notice.

Haloedhero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haloedhero
3DS FC
4957-3994-3545
The grabs are actually worse for the grabber than they would be in Melee. In Melee, they would have gotten the grab and taken no damage at all. Grabs override attacks in Melee, too, but no one notices, because the grabber doesn't even take damage.

That's what strong bad was talking about.

Wolfy: I'd be very impressed if your thumb could operate the jump button and the cstick in the same span of frames that someone else could operate the same buttons with two fingers almost simultaneously... Just because you don't notice that it's slower doesn't mean it's not.

jalued

Smash Lord
Ahhh true. Is that possible to fix? After landing detection...anything is possible. If it's not possible right away are there any ideas to temporarily fix shields? Right now shielding mechanics are the only really noticeable stand out flaw in comparison to melee that I can't help but notice.
There are also momentum issues (characters do not get thrown as far generally. Try some combos in melee, then try to do them blind in PM (just using inputs), and the opponent will not be in the same place. Probably to do with the 1 frame thing or how momentum stacks

Also, rolling techs still don't carry momentum, so techchasing is slower than melee.

Other than that, its all good :)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
There are also momentum issues (characters do not get thrown as far generally. Try some combos in melee, then try to do them blind in PM (just using inputs), and the opponent will not be in the same place. Probably to do with the 1 frame thing or how momentum stacks

Also, rolling techs still don't carry momentum, so techchasing is slower than melee.

Other than that, its all good :)
I know those but do to my playstyle I don't really care as much for them. I typically change my attack depending on where my opponent is rather then doing a move expecting them to be some place. I did notice some weird throw stuff but I've adjusted to it atm. Tech chasing did throw me off the first week mainly because I would react too fast. and end up flubbing the opportunity. However when someone appears to brawl shield grab me in situations where I was safe before it's just...weird to me. Then again...so is getting out ranged when playing as marth. Marth vs Link is like...super gay to play now.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
Wolfy: I'd be very impressed if your thumb could operate the jump button and the cstick in the same span of frames that someone else could operate the same buttons with two fingers almost simultaneously... Just because you don't notice that it's slower doesn't mean it's not.
Well... I don't think I have it to the point where it's literally the same as someone using two fingers, but I'd say I have it pretty close (and there's where your argument about frames comes into play, which is completely valid). I was just making a point that you could do certain techniques different ways (albeit it with more difficulty) and still achieve identical results, but the point that there is the best way to do things is definitely important. I'm just stubborn and like to do things the hard way. :p

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Get the most recent version of sawndz (should be able to find it on here). You'll need to download the smashbros_sound.brsar file too. Then you just follow the text file on how to appropriately replace sounds.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Some other things on my mind.

Alright so DACUS is super rigged with Ganon and Lucus. More so with Lucas than with Ganon though. Zelda's Telecancel is rigged beyond belief. Combined with 3 dins it's like....what the hell she's such a **** it's not funny. I fear her getting into extremely capable hands could mean problems for a huge chunk of the cast. Would be hilarious if she became the new Sheik in this game :p. Ike is such a ****. To quote Kanye west...no one man should have all that Power!....except Ganon. Wolf still doesn't feel natural to me just yet in comparison to the other spacies but he is still good. Wario to me is like...Luigi and jigglypuff had a baby. Bowser is fun but still has a weakness to big stages combined with fast characters or projectiles or both. However he's alot more viable then before...maybe if he had a way of tanking falco lasers :cool:. Donkey Kong I barely touched until recently and he's possibly the biggest surprise so far. He's 100 times as fun to play as he use to be and also seems to be considerably more viable. The dash attack off the ledge still gets me sometimes though... Pit I am terribly satisfied with. Although I've had to learn to combo less and camp more but after thinking about it I realize it's mainly the shields in this game that limit my approach...but I'm pit. I don't gotta go over there :awesome:. I suspect though when the shields are finally restored and grab priority is fixed you will see some more aggression from pit players. Fair and Nair currently get shield grabbed WAAAAY too much.

In other news....Wifi is more fun then I expected but about as troublesome as I expected as well.
I feel the same way about zeldas telecancel, seems kinda unnecessary. She's good enough without it, with it she just feels silly. You can leave it low lag if you want, but being able to straight up wavedash out of it...eh.

Speaking of unnecessary...lucas' DACUS. that is all.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Hey, can anyone give me a big list of all the things Project M has fixed engine wise (as opposed to characterwise) from brawl?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah it's on our list of stuff to do, which is actually very long believe it or not. We don't like doing temporary fixes, we prefer to do it once and do it right.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I don't see how Pit needs to camp. His sideb combined with aerials allow him to approach very easily.
He doesn't need to camp, but he also cannot approach "very easily". SideB is difficult to deal with at first, but against more experienced opponents, it can be outspaced vertically and sometimes horizontally with ease. Arrows really help make his approaches much better and I think they really have to be used or else Pit can be beaten by most characters in straight up fights alone.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Out of curiosity, approximately how long is the list? Over 100 things? Between 30 and 50? Greater than 50? I didn't go any lower than 30, because I doubt it's that low.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I don't really think that information is relevant to your interests.

iLink

Smash Champion
Does wolf's shine have any invincibility?

Also is Luigi's dtilt good for anything? It seems unsafe even on hit.

iLink

Smash Champion
I was wondering if it's changed at all and has some property I'm unaware of or if it was just meant to be a goofy hit.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
How do you guys decide what stages will go into Project: M?
The remakes of relatively neutral stages from Melee and P:M are a no-brainer, but the SSE jungle and especially the Castlevania stage seem a bit out of place, thematically. Not saying you should take them out - I'd like to see more new stages.

In particular, are there general guidelines for making a good P:M stage?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Sooo guys...I have some good news, and some bad news.

Good news: I got some matches recorded vs. Dr PP in Project M!
Bad news: He won't play falco =[
Bad news #2: They're still processing =[

In the meantime, I have some matches recorded vs Jim (he's ranked #7 in North Carolina right now). Check them out for awesome Ganon and Charizard play!

[collapse=Me vs. Jim]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWSGhgTOiHU (vs. Falcon)
Kinda lulzy vid...the rest are all vs. Ganon, his main.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpxvgxBZ4bM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB8Q3P4hxYg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TambJjqqO1I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keyZEi-GEDY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqJpeaRSS1o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ-77ZUE5k0[/collapse]

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Stingers, why aren't you using Rob?

I do like seeing other Ganon's, though. I'll have to ditto Jim. I need a rematch for when he 2stocked me at NCSU5. I'm a lot better now.

Also, I love messing around with DI while Charizard or Bowser are breathing fire on me. It's so much fun. I usually take a lot of damage during it, though, because I'm too busy having fun with DI to actually DI out of the move.

EDIT: I hadn't even thought of using that music for FoD. You're a genius.

EDIT2: I just finished watching them. Jim seemed to be getting better at the Charizard matchup the more you guys played. Also, I had no idea you were such a big fan of Golden Sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom