• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
What? No it wouldn't. And are you really comparing spacie and pikachu side B to quick draw? Do you know how telegraphed QD is off stage? Ike's jumps are horrible to begin with and that little blind spot that Ike has when recovering will still be present. Plus I know I'd get intercepted just as easily if not easier with a jump. In fact, it'd be much more safe to just try to QD attack the opponent to get an aether out of them or trying to wall jump. So without a B out of a jc'd aerial quickdraw, it would hardly make much of a difference. It'd give him an option, yes. But a very mediocre one that'll contribute only if the player doesn't understand Ike.
It makes QD too safe of a recovery option since it allows Ike to recover high without going into special fall. It also puts the edgeguarder in a lose-lose situation when Ike is going for a sweetspotted QD because if the opponent stays on stage Ike will sweetspot, surprise them with a jump fair, or jump fast-fall and sweet spot, and if the opponent edgehogs then Ike will just jump air dodge. You've already established the move has incredibly high priority so the likelihood of trading hits is high and Ike could always jump backward to juke offstage edgeguards.

Why don't we avoid the shenanigans and say to ourselves: Hey, Ike has an excellent mid-ranged recovery options which are difficult to edgeguard but a limited long range recovery. Thats enough

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
9K should just edit one post the entire thread if he has something new to say

Also, I laughed at surprising anyone with a jumping fair when recovering. If only Ike were that good. I'd get myself killed like that.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
jokes aside

i think that MU Exp/knowledge affect ike far more than other MUs

check it my brothas

you can know how to deal with fox, but that dont mean much in the grand scheme of things cuz he's fox

conversely

you can know how to deal with ike, and in the grand scheme of things, that means ike is probably gonna lose unless he outplays you...like by a great deal (aka low tier syndrome)

at least imo

and lol @ kiri's double edit.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
9K should just edit one post the entire thread if he has something new to say

Also, I laughed at surprising anyone with a jumping fair when recovering. If only Ike were that good. I'd get myself killed like that.
I'm talking more about landing onstage w/ fair. not staying offstage and fairing

D

Deleted member

Guys, its okay if someone doesn't have an OoS option better than grab. Having huge disjointed hitboxes already gives him defensive options outside of shield that many characters don't enjoy.
...you haven't played ike, have you?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
lol seriously

people act like his strengths are that amazing that it negates his issues.

ike's QD attack is balls to the walls far more useful than his huge aerials lollll

and the range on that **** is like paltry in comparison to the rest of his moveset

I R MarF

Smash Ace
That's predictable and unsafe as hell. Why would I do that?
The momentum from QD would make it a decent retaliation. It depends on the situation and what the opponent was doing atm.

But more importantly is what I said at the end of my other post in regards to Ike's recovery. It already has some really strong aspects so there is no point making it better than it is.

Clearly Ike needs a stronger onstage game, and IMO, it'd be a good idea to have him play like Ganon except with a bit more emphasis on spacing. We already know Ganon works and is viable so it'd be a good starting point for Ike

D

Deleted member

range is something you exploit when other characters don't have it as a means to gain stage control or simply presence in an area. since ike has no way to make his opponents challenge his moves, his range is basically useless.

you people don't believe me when i say the character just has nothing. ****ing play him and experience the bad for yourselves.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Oh, dammit, I forgot to play Kiri last weekend. I was too caught up about Lucas being bull**** :mad:

Clearly Ike needs a stronger onstage game, and IMO, it'd be a good idea to have him play like Ganon except with a bit more emphasis on spacing. We already know Ganon works and is viable so it'd be a good starting point for Ike
I tried this against TH and got ***** pretty hard. It's safe to say that Ike =/= Ganon, and never will.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
>complains about lucas
>teched in the same direction multiple times and got usmashed each time
>played fat characters and spacies which lose to lucas

huehuehuehue.mp3

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
People need to get it out of their heads that Ike's spacing game outweighs or counterbalances his defensive game. It doesn't. At all.

For example, fair/jab/nair mixups to keep someone out? Cute. Lemme just pick up a spacie, wait till Ike does an aerial and then LOL **** YOUR JAB BLOOP BLOOP BLOOP ALL ABOARD THE FURRY EXPRESS HURR DURR HOPE YOU HAVE SOME SUNGLASSES BECAUSE THIS MATCHUP IS ABOUT TO SHINE

D

Deleted member

People need to get it out of their heads that Ike's spacing game outweighs or counterbalances his defensive game. It doesn't. At all.

For example, fair/jab/nair mixups to keep someone out? Cute. Lemme just pick up a spacie, wait till Ike does an aerial and then LOL **** YOUR JAB BLOOP BLOOP BLOOP ALL ABOARD THE FURRY EXPRESS HURR DURR HOPE YOU HAVE SOME SUNGLASSES BECAUSE THIS MATCHUP IS ABOUT TO SHINE
who waits for ike to do an aerial? that suggests that you have to respect his attacks. even if you trade with ike, most of the time his everything is so non-threatening that you can just blindly attack and disrespect him and it'll probably be the correct play.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
>complains about lucas
>teched in the same direction multiple times and got usmashed each time
>played fat characters and spacies which lose to lucas

ohu.mp3
Lucas's speed is really deceptive. I was under the impression that I could get away by teching towards him.

QFT. Buff Ike's shine.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
lucas' everything is deceptive.

oh what's this you're across the stage?

that's right i am luca--

SURPRISE DACUS USMASH UP YOUR *** FROM HALF OF FD AWAY

I R MarF

Smash Ace
no he's not.

play ike like ganon and you'd get wrecked worse than if you played ike like ike lol

the characters are far too different.
Well you obviously cannot play a character like another if they weren't designed similarly to begin with.

I say Ike should be redesigned to play like Ganon for groundwork then adjusted from there.

D

Deleted member

Well you obviously cannot play a character like another if they weren't designed similarly to begin with.

I say Ike should be redesigned to play like Ganon for groundwork then adjusted from there.
how about you just make ike play like his own character that doesn't suck?

Spoon~

Smash Ace

Yeah give ike a warlock punch with a sword :rotfl:

Ike playing like ganon would be dumb.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Ike playing like Ganon =/= make Ike Ganon or a C. Falcon clone

When I say make Ike play like Ganon, I'm saying that his attacks should all be threatening to the point where simple 2 or 3 hit combos do a lot of damage/kb... the result would be a lot of respect for Ike's space because players don't want to trade.

IMO, Ike's ftilt, dair, and fair would all easily transition to being like Melee Ganon's; the rest of Ike's moveset could be appropriately adjusted to compliment that.

I'm not saying Ike shouldn't be his own character, but basing him off Ganon would be a logical step in the right direction since we know Ganon works and can compete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom