• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thani

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I know that much from way back when all voice files were ripped from Brawl. I am referring to how it was done to re-enable them and alter the SFX to mimic Melee style. I'm basically hoping that it was a simple code or something so that it can be used with other hacks for the awesome aesthetic effect of these high% KO SFXs, since sounds don't change the gameplay.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Now if only more people remembered to use Side B recoveries to help out when they pick him in these streams. :laugh: Up B is good but it can be predicted well, as G&W showed in that one match.

If crouch cancel becomes fully coded, would it be exactly like it was in Melee or would it be "balanced" out? I wouldn't know how detrimental it is to his game but things like being able to crouch cancel Link's down smash... don't feel right. Or is it that characters would be balanced around the crouch cancel? I know, early question is supremely early question but it's something I've started wondering about.

jalued

Smash Lord
watching the stream thing:

sonic looks awesome!

fox needs quite alot of work on his moves... his dash attack is far too good atm, i mean you can dash->upsmash for some reason. His upthrow doesn't combo either. He just looks slower and less impressive than melee fox for some reason...

oh and is his shine being made to look more like melee's, i dont like the brawl shine animation, it looks tacky

tbh i prefer all melee animation, it seems much more brutal and the lack of fancy graphics is more suited to the fast paced, focused and gritty gameplay.

but this project is doing amazingly well, i cant wait to play it

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I liked the part when MK got owned. :D

actually when MK did start to get off it was kinda interesting. He has potential to be a good character with practice not an auto-****.

Revven

FrankerZ
Yeah, I know that much from way back when all voice files were ripped from Brawl. I am referring to how it was done to re-enable them and alter the SFX to mimic Melee style. I'm basically hoping that it was a simple code or something so that it can be used with other hacks for the awesome aesthetic effect of these high% KO SFXs, since sounds don't change the gameplay.
It wasn't done with a code, Camelot went through each character's .pac and added it to them (IF they actually had a high % scream, a few don't i.e Jigglypuff doesn't have one).

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
watching the stream thing:

sonic looks awesome!

fox needs quite alot of work on his moves... his dash attack is far too good atm, i mean you can dash->upsmash for some reason. His upthrow doesn't combo either. He just looks slower and less impressive than melee fox for some reason...

oh and is his shine being made to look more like melee's, i dont like the brawl shine animation, it looks tacky

tbh i prefer all melee animation, it seems much more brutal and the lack of fancy graphics is more suited to the fast paced, focused and gritty gameplay.

but this project is doing amazingly well, i cant wait to play it
With certain DI u could dash attack usmash in melee pretty consitantly but he does need alot of work still. But for the most part he's pretty much done. I also like the fact that he now has a viable fair as well as falco instead of the crappy situational combo extender melee fair

jalued

Smash Lord
With certain DI u could dash attack usmash in melee pretty consitantly but he does need alot of work still. But for the most part he's pretty much done. I also like the fact that he now has a viable fair as well as falco instead of the crappy situational combo extender melee fair
with very bad DI you mean

i dont know, he just doesn't look right, maybe its just the graphics or the character size..

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
The bad DI is pretty common if u catch them with it off guard or while trying to do something else. It works pretty good on shiek because dash attk kinda ***** her tilts and vs pretty high % spacies.

jalued

Smash Lord
The bad DI is pretty common if u catch them with it off guard or while trying to do something else. It works pretty good on shiek because dash attk kinda ***** her tilts and vs pretty high % spacies.
however a high level fox would just use nair->shine since its very safe and can waveshine to upsmash...

dash attack to upsmash is a lame combo imo and ive never seen it happen in high level melee

its the same level as falcon being able to dash-> knee in brawl+... ITS JUST WRONG!

shanus

Smash Hero
slight difference though, in melee is predominately sends forwards and you have to follow to DI. POLus it can be CC'ed if not used correctly

IN melee 2.0 it seems to send upwards and combos into upsmash automatically
It hits at 70 degree angle currently. At what angle does it hit at in melee (no DI, test at 999% and document angle)

A Diamond For Disease

Smash Journeyman
You know in brawl when you hold down on the control stick then hit the c-stick down it does a tilt, Has this been removed? And can you still grab the ledge with your back to it? Sorry if this was already asked.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Question. I know that some characters such as Lucario (and I think ROB) need to cancel the action of charging their projectiles in the air (aura sphere and gyro) with an AD. However, with MAD in place, this would mean that these characters would just be helpless after ADing. We're planning on giving them cancels similar to sheik's aerial needle canceling right?
I believe a cancel was in order for these characters, yes.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Wait huh we got recorded?

Well ****, maybe I should've selected more and different characters instead of just trying to practice tech skill in an actual combat situation ._.

I apologize for the 3+ hours of scrubby Brawl-turned-Melee Falco player failing to tech skill XD.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Wait huh we got recorded?

Well ****, maybe I should've selected more and different characters instead of just trying to practice tech skill in an actual combat situation ._.

I apologize for the 3+ hours of scrubby Brawl-turned-Melee Falco player failing to tech skill XD.
Lol don't worry TH at least we can see your making progress. Think about it this way, once you learn P:M falco you should be able to hold your own in melee also. Lol i'll try to train you or something eventually.

shanus

Smash Hero
Great success.

Today is a good day: I have discovered an efficient means to measure if you are rising or falling allowing for completely native FFable specials.

camelot

Smash Ace
It looks like we could apply it to anything we wanted to.

Meaning, we could put it on Fox's lasers, Mario/Luigi's fireballs, and Pikachu's thunder jolt pretty easily.

Sagen du Smash

Smash Journeyman
Falco is clearly GOD tier already...just too epic and good. Hell, almost every character I saw looked incredible. Cannot wait to play this!

DotheDiddyMonkeyDance

Smash Apprentice
lol I cant believe it meta knight is actually on a equal level scale now. considering it doesnt look like he can gimp due to the way how his jumps are now. well atleast from the streams im watching.

WiyamMang

Smash Journeyman
Any chance anyone can change Z's functionality to an aerial attack? It'd be easier to pull off two fairs with Marth and I miss being able to jump cancel grab.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Any chance anyone can change Z's functionality to an aerial attack? It'd be easier to pull off two fairs with Marth and I miss being able to jump cancel grab.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't you be able to do that through control customization?

I'm messing around with Falco right now (I use Z as my attack so I can DACUS easier), and it seems like I'm performing aerial attacks just fine with it.

Unless you're talking about how the grab function doubles as an aerial attack function in Melee instead of an airdodge.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Isn't it already like that or does only pressing Z in the air in Melee do that? I can't remember considering I rarely use Z for anything but grabs and grapple attacks/recoveries.

@TH+: I was thinking the exactly same thing until then. Is that true in Melee then?

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
You could definitely aerial attack using the Z button in Melee despite it being your grab button as well. Being the giant Melee scrub I was back then, that was the only was I could perform nairs instead of fairs :laugh:

In Brawl the "grab in the air" function turned into an airdodge function, and retains this property in B+ and P:M.

WiyamMang

Smash Journeyman
Guess I should've elaborated more on that. I meant Z would retain grab ability but airborne, it'd be an attack. In Brawl, if Z is set to an attack, that's fine and dandy except for cases where you'd want to grab with Z. Otherwise, you set Z to grab and in the air, you'll air dodge when you use Z. Custom mapping in Brawl gives you one or the other, no hybrid choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom