• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
there's a place called "vancouver street battle" that does (did?) PM, but it's not actually in vancouver because nobody's affording a damn venue in vancouver just for super smash bros. the venue's okay, but it was way too small for a weekly that was trying to run three games in both singles and doubles formats, I'm pretty sure they've split up PM into a different day tho, I need to check that out eventually

oh god why did I log into facebook for the first time in months when I'm barely conscious and looped up on painkillers this was a poor decision. I just wanted to post this

ok good afternoon or w/e, don't drive to meme country

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
I'm watching pokken for like the first time and it seems like 3d marvel and I have no idea what's going on

it's like when you watch marvel for the first time and you have no idea why there's 4 characters on the screen at once and what all of these graphics effects are and flying beams of energy and **** and suddenly the camera zooms up on someone's face and you have no idea why

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
I'm rewatching Me vs Dirtboy at FP and I'm 4 stocks to 1 against him on FoD when he takes my first stock and the commentator goes "Are we going to see a reverse four stock?" like wtf man yeah in the end it almost happened but where's the faith bruh
It's because they knew

1FD

Smash Ace
where the heck do people talk about pm anymore is it weekends and tier thread only or what?
where do I find active stuff to actually ask about things related to the game?
I know this thread isn't good for **** it's too hawt for that in here so where do I go
does link still have no grab box or is there a more updated version of PM where that is fixed?

there's a place called "vancouver street battle" that does (did?) PM, but it's not actually in vancouver because nobody's affording a damn venue in vancouver just for super smash bros. the venue's okay, but it was way too small for a weekly that was trying to run three games in both singles and doubles formats, I'm pretty sure they've split up PM into a different day tho, I need to check that out eventually
vancouver is lame

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
that's what I'm hoping

because I love marvel
Local multiplayer for Pokken sounds atrocious though. It requires a gamepad, meaning that one of the two players is restricted to the gamepad, but more importantly, local multiplayer is also restricted to 30 FPS because it has to render two screens. To bypass these restrictions, you need two consoles. Was really excited to play this with my friends, but it looks like that might not be the case now.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
My RLC is a child who likes Pokemon. So he has preordered the game.
I think I'll make him regret that decision.

Wait, is M2K the overmind?

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
To bypass these restrictions, you need two consoles. Was really excited to play this with my friends, but it looks like that might not be the case now.
"both of us have to buy the game to play multiplayer? this is unacceptable" ~KayB, posting to us directly from the far off year of 2004

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
"both of us have to buy the game to play multiplayer? this is unacceptable" ~KayB, posting to us directly from the far off year of 2004
I don't get it. I don't understand how you could possibly be rallying against competent local multiplayer, a norm that has always stayed consistent from as early as Pong to even current day 2016.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
the point of multiplayer with multiple devices is in the case scenario that those devices are heavily portable or further away from each other, as opposed to literally right next to each other sitting there

CORY

wut
BRoomer
: o gonna debut and live run my flareon stuff tomorrow at a con! i have no idea how i'm supposed to pose as a flareon gijinka, so i'll probably end up jojoing a lot for pictures...

eideeiit

Smash Ace
where the heck do people talk about pm anymore is it weekends and tier thread only or what?
where do I find active stuff to actually ask about things related to the game?
I know this thread isn't good for **** it's too hawt for that in here so where do I go
does link still have no grab box or is there a more updated version of PM where that is fixed?

vancouver is lame
Discord character groups.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Be me

Downloaded pokken

Go online, into ranked

Pick mexican pikachu because **** yeah suplexes

Play first game, destroy opponent r1
They kind of come back in r2, until I remember burst mode exists

Burst, opponent ends up slapping me or something but I punish them for kill with the lucha super special awesome flying press burst

Tfw the satisfaction of knowing you crushed your opponent mentally
image.png

Warchamp7 Warchamp7 when's pokkenboards

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I think the reason why local play in Pokken is diminished in such a way is because the Wii U's kind of a lacking system. Thought I read somewhere that it was kind of a tradeoff due to the console's shoddy specs and how Bandai Namco ported it.

I'm glad we have the option to LAN play at all, but it is super inconvenient.

Smooth Criminal

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I think the reason why local play in Pokken is diminished in such a way is because the Wii U's kind of a lacking system. Thought I read somewhere that it was kind of a tradeoff due to the console's shoddy specs and how Bandai Namco ported it.

I'm glad we have the option to LAN play at all, but it is super inconvenient.

Smooth Criminal
Xbone and ps4 arent pushing any games that still run at 60 fps splitscreen unless they have potato graphics. The reason it was done was because you actually need your own screen to see the battlefield, having it split between two behind the backs would cause problems with some attacks (i.e Garchomp would be retardedly good in splitscreen because his range attack circles around behind the opponent, in split screen it would be non visible to the defender for a good chunk of time)

The gamepad isint even bad as a controller for it either, other than fingers naturally resting at zR and zL but there's customizable controls so that point is moot

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I think that set showed how ****ing volatile bowser is lol
Well, if you mean volatile as in his punishes are super hard but he also loses the neutral game super hard to every other character then yeah I guess. It took you some time to adapt to the crouch + tiny stage on game 2 which allowed me to run away with it, but I think if we played some more it definitely wouldn't turn out that way (until I gitted gudder).

Vashimus

Smash Master
Xbone and ps4 arent pushing any games that still run at 60 fps splitscreen unless they have potato graphics.
Yeah, because they'd rather keep you on their networks and charge you to play people instead. Sony and Microsoft's shift in focus to prioritizing online over local play is one of the bigger of their many mistakes because it’s always an uphill struggle, while PC's do it so effortlessly.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Yeah, because they'd rather keep you on their networks and charge you to play people instead. Sony and Microsoft's shift in focus to prioritizing online over local play is one of the bigger of their many mistakes because it’s always an uphill struggle, while PC's do it so effortlessly.
Their online isint an uphill struggle at all? xbla and psn work just as fine as steam, or whatever else on pc. Everything is switching to online oriented because the days of couch co-op are dead. Internet infrastructure has advanced enough in most places that people can just play from their own home online on a console with their friend instead of having to trek all the way over to their place

Top Bottom