• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

D e l t a

That one guy who does the thing with a camera.
My trip to Frozen Phoenix was also bit interesting too, was supposed to take the bus with another player, but he never showed (he forgot to bring his tickets and only realized when he was travelling to the bus terminal, rebooked for a later bus, but apparently that second one never showed up, which is...weird). After some 10 hours of travelling (driving only takes around 5.5, never busing again x_x) I finally arrived to find that I was staying with Junebug, the MI squad (Yata, Dirtboy, lain, D e l t a D e l t a and some Yoshi main) and @zman804, so that was p cool.
I'm so glad I got to room with you, Junebug, Zman and the other MI guys. I have to say, I really enjoy running tournaments. Even though I wasn't officially part of the staff, getting to work behind the scenes with you, Ian, and everyone else was a blast. On top of all that, I got to do my 2 favorite things in the smash community: play PM doubles and commentate matches.

Now if only on Saturday (Day1) I could've found Railz car instead of running up and down the block trying to find his car so I could get my camera and controller.... but I got about a mile run in so yay for fitness?

Side note: All pictures I took at FP are below. I'll be adding more pictures from future tournaments I attend. Enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/jeff.mahie...86269324920.1073741838.100000606742850&type=3

Bazkip

Smash Master
How did it feel knowing your Ganon would be a disappointment to Junebug-senpai
When we played as double Ganon vs lain and Delta we only lost one game, so I think I proved my worthiness

totally wasn't carried >_>

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I'm rewatching Me vs Dirtboy at FP and I'm 4 stocks to 1 against him on FoD when he takes my first stock and the commentator goes "Are we going to see a reverse four stock?" like wtf man yeah in the end it almost happened but where's the faith bruh

Last edited:

NWRL

Smash Ace
With SFV out and it being pretty amazing gameplay-wise, I find it hard to drudge up the will to even play friendlies for PM. It makes me sad because I've spent 2 and a half years playing PM and it just feels like wasted time with how my scene has ended up.

;-;

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

0:30 and on

oh my god holy **** LOL
I am so done

Why of course, that is how the song originally sounds like. Have you forgotten?

all of his videos are in a similar fashion
All but one
I'm not sure why this one song was left unchanged and it bothers me. I want to say it's because it's Hideki Naganuma, but Jet Set Radio and Sonic Rush were touched. Maybe this song is just too perfect to deface.

Wow, ganon as number one? Must be a bunch of scrubs or something.
That's exactly my thought process when I see Power Rankings.

"Oh, your region's top player is a Bowser main? Time to collect money."
Proceeds to get 2-0'd JV5

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
nope, i don't go outside dfw.

you'd probably riggity rekt me, tho.
Oh I confused you with a different Cory then

so artsy
my region never had a pr but I'll hire you when and if we do
I'd totally offer to use this as a 'template' and whip up other regions for like $20 or something if that's something people would be interested in

Bazkip

Smash Master
First PM PR for my region. Also the first PR image I've ever made

Looks free af, why weren't any of you cucks at Frozen Phoenix?
Or any Southern Ontario PM tournament in the past several years, for that matter

Oh wait L2P was there I think, and iirc you wen't to like, one PTO monthly way back.

Regardless it's ridiculous that you've never been to any of these 150+ PM tournaments that are an hour or two from where you live. garchamp7 pls

Last edited:

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Looks free af, why weren't any of you cucks at Frozen Phoenix?
Or any Southern Ontario PM tournament in the past several years, for that matter

Oh wait L2P was there I think, and iirc you wen't to like, one PTO monthly way back.

Regardless it's ridiculous that you've never been to any of these 150+ PM tournaments that are like an hour or two from where you live. garchamp7 pls
If you pay for my gas and parking (~$60) I will come to every Toronto tournament you want me at

Bazkip

Smash Master
If you pay for my gas and parking (~$60) I will come to every Toronto tournament you want me at
You've gone to a whole bunch of events in the US for various things in the past year or so, did you get covered for all of those?

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
You've gone to a whole bunch of events in the US for various things in the past year or so, did you get covered for all of those?
Smash-wise I went to Big House 5, because that's 4 hours west of me and I think I had a free room, I forget. Smash The Record because I got a good deal flying to Florida and a free room from a friend, and I dropped by Xanadu on my way to MAGFest which is a trip I save for every year

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Carpooling to Toronto doesn't seem like it should be very expensive, you can even get free parking most of the time.

EDIT: Also I'm sitting in my class with 7 other people and I just realized we don't have class and they're just here to meet up with their team members to discuss the presentation. Quick, someone tell me how to make my exit

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
Smash-wise I went to Big House 5, because that's 4 hours west of me and I think I had a free room, I forget. Smash The Record because I got a good deal flying to Florida and a free room from a friend, and I dropped by Xanadu on my way to MAGFest which is a trip I save for every year
Bruh, Hamilton is an hour west of you, and you could've definitely found housing with someone for the weekend.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Carpooling to Toronto doesn't seem like it should be very expensive, you can even get free parking most of the time.

EDIT: Also I'm sitting in my class with 7 other people and I just realized we don't have class and they're just here to meet up with their team members to discuss the presentation. Quick, someone tell me how to make my exit
Challenge them to money matches

CORY

wut
BRoomer

Challenge them to money matches
this is actually a good plan, assuming you don't have a set up in the room. when someone accepts, just say "i'll go get my setup, brb." but don't brb.

Last edited:

Ningildo

Smash Journeyman
At least there isn't any "woob woob" music, but uh, what's with this transformer music between sets, lmao.

1FD

Smash Ace
This is all the places I lived in 2016 so far
swan lake
then hope
then westbank
then salmo starting in july
This is where the top 10 players in my region live
last time I checked anyway
I had to google search prince rupert and grand forks and tofino cause I didn't even know where those were
edmonton type of distance from me like what
I lived in half as much distance coverage as WA state already this year LOL
3 of our players live mostly in whitehorse and alaska and thailand+Burma but they come back for summer and live in more central towns

No wonder our local stuff barely ever happens it's not even really called local at this point

this is PM though Melee has a few more players nearby
still spread out if you include daltsy and friends

Last edited:

1FD

Smash Ace
vancouver is a scene all on its own ya and mostly known as THE bc scene since it's a good centeral hub for people from other places to go and bigger showings to happen in the balloon of colleges and unis etc
they're seperate, I don't even know what goes on there and never been there to play smash before

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
oh then bc is p similar to north dakota where only fargo and grand forks have scenes and everyone else just kinda travels to those places because the state is too big and too empty for a cohesive "scene" outside of that

eideeiit

Smash Ace
Brother says he wants Stardew valley for Birthday

me: "Beat this demo not on easy difficulty and I'll buy a 20€ game for ya"
Wings of Vi

Top Bottom