• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
But I'm allergic to Tomato, plz don't or I'll RIP in Pepperonis

Life

Smash Hero
I'd been wondering why my laptop seems to occasionally stop doing stuff for like 15 seconds in the middle of doing stuff. Guess I should be more conscientious about closing Chrome when I'm done with it.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
when is Obama gonna get rid of daylight savings time so I can sleep normally all 365 days of the yr

Helsong

Smash Ace
#LetAmericaSleepAgain

Registered for Soiree Du Smash, going to socal next weekend to see homies.

anyone going to black tie smash event or the legacy on the 20th should come hangggg

Helsong Helsong I'd think you'd enjoy Soiree Du Smash, a bunch of nerds wearing tux's, suits, and dresses meeting up to play smash
That sounds super cool, and I'm even on spring break during that week, but I've got other plans for that weekend already.
Take pictures! I'll tune into the stream when I can.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
got my base flareon mostly done : D need to make more scarves from the material i bought, but it looks like it'll work the way i want it to!

as long as i don't get too fat to fit in my vest...

Bleck

Smash Master
Any relation to Cloverfield? Still waiting on my Cloverfield v. Godzilla movie.
plot-wise, no - one could assume some things about the first based on stuff in the second, but it's apparently not intended to be in the same universe

1FD

Smash Ace
Sup it's me
I have a story and thought it was worth sharing because I learned stuff. Our top few locals haven't shown their faces in anything since like november and we just had 2 tournament fests and we all learned SO MUCH OMFG. Not having our best players around for a few months and then putting it all to the test let all of us goodish but not really players learn things. Mostly just learned the stuff the better players kept saying but we actually GOT it better. A few of the players around my level could go to other regions and take games off the better players there but then get demolished by our top players here and we couldn't figure it out. Like sure our top players would do really well elsewhere but they're not the best of the best they're just really good and I think me and the rest of our players are starting to figure out some differences and it's tough to explain but I'll share the story anyway.

We had 2 tourneys and our first one had 14 entrants and I didn't even get top 8 and I'm used to getting top 5
FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

We started talking about about what was different because we were no longer fighting for that top 3 spot. Instead were just battling each other, other people our level instead of BETTER than us. The idea we got was that we all started to just abuse the idea of letting **** happen. Going around and it's just 2 people fighintg and something is bound to happen so we just dance around and go for **** WHEN **** comes out of the dancing that's good for us, and try and get out of **** WHEN **** happens that's bad for us. Not trying to make **** happen, but doing what is needed WHEN **** would happen.

Then the next tourney I started just moving around with Wolf dash dancing and shooting lasers and **** would happen AS USUAL but I could see it a lot clearer because I wasn't TRYING to make all the **** happen. And if that didn't work I would go Ike and just camp with dds and qds into nothing and watched for **** to happen. I watched a bunch of DJNintendo and started copying his safe style and **** would happen. And I got 2nd WOOOOOOO

Because we all really needed to start paying attention to **** happening because we weren't trying to STOP **** from happening or MAKE **** happen because of fighting way better players, it allowed us to see what we were doing better. I donno if we're better at smash RIGHT NOW but we GET what we're doing better and that means more towards actually being better longterm than simply being better overall ever could be. Which is also something we kept hearing but are kind of only finally getting too lol

We won't be having fests again until probs July but I'm looking forward to it in a different way than I was before. A better way. Our locals are starting to GET what it means when great players say to be attentive and stuff.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
pretty accurate depiction of how i feel right now ;x

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think I'm gonna stay up all night and watch Vinesauce's stream instead of going to class in the morning

I hate school

interpunct

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EliteInterpunct
3DS FC
3110-5751-3360
I think I'm gonna stay up all night and watch Vinesauce's stream instead of going to class in the morning

I hate school
How do you even get to do that, unless by school you mean university. Which if you do I do it all the time as long as I don't **** up my grades.

Also @Saito I made a new video, any criticisms are appreciated in case you feel like doing another review like last time x)
Vid:

zen-bz-

I'm having a main identity crisis.
NNID
Valkauv
*tries to upload helpful content + guides to my YouTube*
*uploads a clear ****post of a bug*
2k+ views
welp

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
Finals week!

For once an actually chill week... I have one final today, which will probably be the hardest one. The only other one I have is Thursday, and I would have a B-ish in that class even if I just didn't take the final because the lowest midterm/final grade is dropped. I do have a final project to do, but I also have until Thursday to do it, so there isn't a lot of pressure overall.

All the tough parts of the quarter are pretty much over with. I'm looking forward to spring break.

**** assembly.

Never touching that **** again.

xquqx

Smash Apprentice
Everyone I know is dealing with midterms and I haven't even started my semester yet. Japanese semesters are weird.

Bazkip

Smash Master
I don't know what this sleep thing that you're talking about is, I'd much rather play Smash with Junebug, lain, @OGS | Delta and @zman804 till 4AM
On a 3.5 setup lmao

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
Finals week!

For once an actually chill week... I have one final today, which will probably be the hardest one. The only other one I have is Thursday, and I would have a B-ish in that class even if I just didn't take the final because the lowest midterm/final grade is dropped. I do have a final project to do, but I also have until Thursday to do it, so there isn't a lot of pressure overall.

All the tough parts of the quarter are pretty much over with. I'm looking forward to spring break.

**** assembly.

Never touching that **** again.
git gud

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Mid terms were last week so I'm just coasting through this week getting ready for my spring break. Not going to waste this one lmao.

Also midterm grades are rolling in, one 100 and a 98 so far. Putting in work

Helsong

Smash Ace
Yeah, I dunno all y'all talking bout finals and **** where I'm from we have midterms in March.

Unless you're one of them doofs over at UCLA with their oddball quarters and stuff like that.

I ****ed up on my artificial intelligence midterm and right now copious drinking is the only thing keeping me from descending into a spiral of unnecessary angst and worry.

Binary Clone Binary Clone sorry honey I ddin't mean to be a meanie about your hate of assembly.

Last edited:

Arcturian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Arcturian
I've had so many presentations recently, I'm actually starting to enjoy them a little.

Send help.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
lol presentations. nobody in class ever has questions after them because we all hate having to do them and want it over as fast as possible
I used to have a lot of classes with this one kid who would always ask dozens of questions after presentations just because he felt like he wanted to test your knowledge, and so if you couldn't answer or gave a bs one he could feel better/smarter than you. I used to love over preparing just so I could answer him in detail and shut him up

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I used to have a lot of classes with this one kid who would always ask dozens of questions after presentations just because he felt like he wanted to test your knowledge, and so if you couldn't answer or gave a bs one he could feel better/smarter than you. I used to love over preparing just so I could answer him in detail and shut him up
Nerd, definitively

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
Yeah, I dunno all y'all talking bout finals and **** where I'm from we have midterms in March.

Unless you're one of them doofs over at UCLA with their oddball quarters and stuff like that.
Yeah we're doofs with quarters at NU too.
I ****ed up on my artificial intelligence midterm and right now copious drinking is the only thing keeping me from descending into a spiral of unnecessary angst and worry.

Binary Clone Binary Clone sorry honey I ddin't mean to be a meanie about your hate of assembly.
It's all good you're still my favorite CS TA :happysheep:

I also got Stardew Valley on Sunday night and I already have 8+ hours in it despite having had a final today. I never actually played Harvest Moon as a kid, but Animal Crossing for the DS was my jam for a while. Stardew Valley is just basically that except with more actual game and it actually has gameplay and variety and things to do. There's so much **** to do. I'm really enjoying it so far, and I hope I can find someone to do co-op with once that's released.

Top Bottom