• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Interesting. What kind of game is it? What are you building it in?
I don't like to elaborate too much on WIP's, because I'll sound like I'm 12 again. Its like an unexplainable need to show things visually once its done than to tell people all about it before you've even finished, in a self-motivating sort of agenda... I will say its a platform-fighter esque game though and I'm building it in Unity3D!

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Smash'N'Splash 2 is open for registration!

I'm signed up already.

First Smash'N'Splash changed my life.

Right after I attended that tournament, I got a girlfriend, started working out, won a local, and became president of my uni's Smash Club. Coincidence? Absolutely! But you should come anyway.
Are you ready for that Melee MM? Or are you entirely all talk. Do something more than a $1

I'll also MM you in Evolution PM with my Nude Lynn

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i doubt any of yall follow my smash blog but Tl;DR, before i sudoku pm forever, im gonna travel to NY to meet up with the Homies Nox and Gallo, hang out, hit up tournies, and record for one last c falcon combo vid

i wanna at least make my finale memorable

also, whos tryna cuddle

D

Deleted member

what's the topic of discussion currently, i'm literally thirty pages behind

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
I'm the boniest person I know, and as a result I always feel kinda awkward. No matter how much I eat I never gain fat, doing track for 2 seasons in high school did nothing for my boneyness but did strengthen my muscles a bit. By boney I mean like, if you touched ANY part of my body you would feel my bones (aside from the obvious stuff that has no bones to begin with lel). The only progress I've made is now you can't see all of my ribcage when I'm just standing normally

As a result I get into phases where it feels like I'm standing on twigs, because I feel like I AM a set of twigs. I'm also super sensitive to warm stuff, not sure if it's related to my boneyness but the threshold at which I think something is hot is super low compared to everyone else I know

I really want to start doing handstands for bodyweight training and maybe get back into running, but there's no clear wall in my apartment to do handstands near and winter up here makes running basically impossible. Should have followed with what I said I was going to do in the summer and start running but I'm super lazy

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I'm the boniest person I know, and as a result I always feel kinda awkward. No matter how much I eat I never gain fat, doing track for 2 seasons in high school did nothing for my boneyness but did strengthen my muscles a bit. By boney I mean like, if you touched ANY part of my body you would feel my bones (aside from the obvious stuff that has no bones to begin with lel). The only progress I've made is now you can't see all of my ribcage when I'm just standing normally

As a result I get into phases where it feels like I'm standing on twigs, because I feel like I AM a set of twigs. I'm also super sensitive to warm stuff, not sure if it's related to my boneyness but the threshold at which I think something is hot is super low compared to everyone else I know

I really want to start doing handstands for bodyweight training and maybe get back into running, but there's no clear wall in my apartment to do handstands near and winter up here makes running basically impossible. Should have followed with what I said I was going to do in the summer and start running but I'm super lazy
What kind of running we talking about? Typically long distance endurance stuff causes you to lose body mass (including muscle) whereas sprints and their ilk help with keeping it on (due to the way the two different exercises work and how your body responds to them.)

If you're trying to bulk I'd recommend against distance stuff at first. If you only have access to home stuff, watch some videos on proper pushup form (primarily keeping a plank position as you go) and use a lot of that to help get your upper body up.

If you're feeling frisky you can get some milk jugs that you finish and fill them with water and seal them well and use those as janky weights (if you're on a super budget. Otherwise get some nice 10 and 20 pound free weights.). Use those for basic exercises and for extra weight for squats.

If you're having trouble with caloric intake, literally drink more milk. Eat what you normally would, but, like, add a half gallon of milk to everything you consume daily.

Just make sure you're doing work that justifies that extra caloric intake.

I like the idea of handstands as a substitute for pullups, that's pretty great. Of you can find a secure spot for them go for it! Just make sure you stay safe.

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
What kind of running we talking about? Typically long distance endurance stuff causes you to lose body mass (including muscle) whereas sprints and their ilk help with keeping it on (due to the way the two different exercises work and how your body responds to them.)

If you're trying to bulk I'd recommend against distance stuff at first. If you only have access to home stuff, watch some videos on proper pushup form (primarily keeping a plank position as you go) and use a lot of that to help get your upper body up.

If you're feeling frisky you can get some milk jugs that you finish and fill them with water and seal them well and use those as janky weights (if you're on a super budget. Otherwise get some nice 10 and 20 pound free weights.). Use those for basic exercises and for extra weight for squats.

If you're having trouble with caloric intake, literally drink more milk. Eat what you normally would, but, like, add a half gallon of milk to everything you consume daily.

Just make sure you're doing work that justifies that extra caloric intake.

I like the idea of handstands as a substitute for pullups, that's pretty great. Of you can find a secure spot for them go for it! Just make sure you stay safe.
I do sprinting stuff, during track and field it was a mix between long distance with lots of break time in between, short sprints with little break time in between them, and short sprints with bodyweight exercises in between. I drink a looot of milk but basically only with cereal(which is super quick and easy to make so I eat it all the time...) but I guess I can try drinking more milk

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
So the topic now is exercise and butts? Works for me, not really working on butts right now, but I have been trying to focus more on getting into a better shape the last several months through eating less and exercising til I end up out of breath/exhausted, then I rest and start everything again. I don't have any equipment for it, so it's been a lot of walking/jogging, pushup variations, squats, and squat thrusts. I'd throw pullups into that if I could find a bar to do them on within a reasonable distance.

Anyone got experience with working out primarily with your own body weight? Any criticisms or tips for doing it as opposed to using weights?

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx

Hmm...

Are fan-made changes like this 'safe' in tourneys or changes to PM in the 'alright zone'?
David's build is pretty cool. Some of those costumes I do believe have bone edits, and I know we encountered lag in PM doubles on Beachville when I was playing with Chevy and PwrUP! but that was some time ago, maybe he's adjusted the stage a bit. But most of the stuff is fine.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
(un)luckily for me, because rowing and everything I own one of these torture devices
which is the perfect full body cardio machine. hour of this every morning+ mixing up body weight calisthenics and weight vest stuff and thats basically my normal work out routine if I can't get into a boat to do the rowing on the water.

Sucks I cant run with my bad knee but yeah.

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Yung Mei Yung Mei , why are you quitting PM?
tl;dr, ive been having less and less fun with smash in general for a while, and i was hella excited for the next patch. Now that its not coming, i don't have any desire to really continue. Maybe its just another depression episode getting me, but thats how i feel about the game at the moment.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I do sprinting stuff, during track and field it was a mix between long distance with lots of break time in between, short sprints with little break time in between them, and short sprints with bodyweight exercises in between. I drink a looot of milk but basically only with cereal(which is super quick and easy to make so I eat it all the time...) but I guess I can try drinking more milk
What do you normally eat during the day? Grey or muscle senpai might be able to help more with diet stuff. I just know the basics and then basically eat what I want because I do, like, 5 sets of (for now...) 19 pushups a day, supplemented by however many sets of 9 pullups I can do (or reverse it, depending on the week). Then weekends I do a lot more squats, with 70 lbs of free weights (do this more in weekends because burning out and being unable to walk at work is no good...)

I'll also throw in shoulder presses, bicep/tricep curls, and (I think they're called) winglifts to fill in spots.

And I still try to practice hardstyle shuffle as cardio, but my floor sucks for that ;x

So the topic now is exercise and butts? Works for me, not really working on butts right now, but I have been trying to focus more on getting into a better shape the last several months through eating less and exercising til I end up out of breath/exhausted, then I rest and start everything again. I don't have any equipment for it, so it's been a lot of walking/jogging, pushup variations, squats, and squat thrusts. I'd throw pullups into that if I could find a bar to do them on within a reasonable distance.

Anyone got experience with working out primarily with your own body weight? Any criticisms or tips for doing it as opposed to using weights?
Bodyweight stuff is fine, unless you:re trying to get reL big, generally. For that it just starts to become infeasible and it's best to start using weights, AFAIK. For basic strength and health, though, some free weights and a chinup bar will do wonders, as long as you know what exercises to focus on and how to properly do them.

(un)luckily for me, because rowing and everything I own one of these torture devices
which is the perfect full body cardio machine. hour of this every morning+ mixing up body weight calisthenics and weight vest stuff and thats basically my normal work out routine if I can't get into a boat to do the rowing on the water.

Sucks I can run with my bad knee but yeah.
I really need to check out the little gym at my apartment, but I'm lazy and would rather just do calisthenics at home for now. I really want to do rowing exercises, though. I hear they're pretty great!

CORY

wut
BRoomer
tl;dr, ive been having less and less fun with smash in general for a while, and i was hella excited for the next patch. Now that its not coming, i don't have any desire to really continue. Maybe its just another depression episode getting me, but thats how i feel about the game at the moment.
: (

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
David's build is pretty cool. Some of those costumes I do believe have bone edits, and I know we encountered lag in PM doubles on Beachville when I was playing with Chevy and PwrUP! but that was some time ago, maybe he's adjusted the stage a bit. But most of the stuff is fine.
Oh. Alrighty. I thought this was pushing it and was 'too much' but maybe it isn't the case. Cool to know, and from the looks of it, it seems alright.

Fortress

Smash Master
Pretty much where I was at. I'm the only player left in my town, Smash or otherwise. If you end up wanting to play anything online, send me a message. Heck, I'll buy you a copy of GG. Wouldn't be the first person I've done that for.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Bodyweight stuff is fine, unless you:re trying to get reL big, generally. For that it just starts to become infeasible and it's best to start using weights, AFAIK. For basic strength and health, though, some free weights and a chinup bar will do wonders, as long as you know what exercises to focus on and how to properly do them.
I don't care much about getting huge, I just want to be in better shape and preferably increase my strength/endurance. I'll probably get some weights at some point when I can, but for now it's all about bettering myself with what I have at my disposal.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
What do you normally eat during the day? Grey or muscle senpai might be able to help more with diet stuff. I just know the basics and then basically eat what I want because I do, like, 5 sets of (for now...) 19 pushups a day, supplemented by however many sets of 9 pullups I can do (or reverse it, depending on the week). Then weekends I do a lot more squats, with 70 lbs of free weights (do this more in weekends because burning out and being unable to walk at work is no good...)

I'll also throw in shoulder presses, bicep/tricep curls, and (I think they're called) winglifts to fill in spots.

And I still try to practice hardstyle shuffle as cardio, but my floor sucks for that ;x

I really need to check out the little gym at my apartment, but I'm lazy and would rather just do calisthenics at home for now. I really want to do rowing exercises, though. I hear they're pretty great!
great as in very versatile death machine yeah. full body cardio+accurate number displays+personal heart rate monitor= easy means to map out your anaerobic threshold and tune work out goals to match those. Having a number/stroke rating to focus in on makes it easier to keep under control than just running and glancing at a watch for a heart rate.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Smash Bros Evolution is such a joke, I joined their discord chat and almost immediately left.
They left invites to their chat open to randoms to use for a really long time until somebody posted a bunch of hentai into their main channel.
They have like 80 members that are complete nobodies, only a few members know how to code and barely anyone knows any art design, it's ridiculous how dumb they are right now.

EDIT: Oh it was Smash Bros Evolution not PM Legends, these names are so dumb I couldn't differentiate them.

Last edited:

Kurogal

Smash Apprentice
United States of America - State of California
NNID
LaharlOnKonata
speaking of cuddling what happened to Kurogal Kurogal i wanna cuddle with them
Hello my partner in getting smacked by moderators. I'm still alive if that means anything.
I wasn't expecting a random tag here, but thanks, it gave some motivation.
I've been meaning to drop by and check up on everyone since I've heard the news, but I wasn't sure where to begin besides replying to some things I should've done 6 months ago, and I've just been sitting on my thumbs until now.
How's everyone holding up?

As for where I've been, I've been busy with things, and destroying all my free time playing bad games and using bad free video editing programs like Windows Movie Maker and Lightworks, and I'm currently trying out Shotcut.

Currently I'm re-doing the audio in Demon's Souls video (made by someone else) to try and replace a copyrighted song in a 18 minute video while keeping the game audio ok and leveling some ear splitting parts, which has been a huge pain so far since I only have that one audio file with everything already mixed together, and I need to upload it every time I wanna check if it's still blocked, I was working on it non stop earlier today until my hands were shaking too much to work anymore in Audacity and I fell asleep, but I might be close now.

And after that I need to make a video to refute somebody on Steam claiming all sorts of things about one of those bad games I've been playing, with their only "proof" for him being right about game mechanics over me being that they're more experienced than me (both before and after I beat them in a tourney), and that I'm somehow stubborn for replying at all to his walls of text, while simultaneously claiming to be the reasonable one over me, while refusing to read my reply to his walls of text, while blaming me for the fact the discussion got so long in the first place, and also somehow trying to crucify me at the sole cause of the game's low activity. It's gonna be a great.

Also Splatoon won both best Multiplayer game and Multiplayer shooter at the game awards, yay.

Anyway, I've missed most of the follow up, besides seeing a screenshot of a reddit post by Project truth, so if anything else has happened I'm out of the loop.

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
While I want to be like "man who gives a **** if there's not going to be another patch there's stuff to be grinded," I can feel you on this sentiment. 3.5 actually made me debate quitting, and then 3.6 got leaned towards and I kept going. I'm satisfied I did, but I can feel for those who probably aren't.

Smooth sailing, Captain.

Pretty much where I was at. I'm the only player left in my town, Smash or otherwise. If you end up wanting to play anything online, send me a message. Heck, I'll buy you a copy of GG. Wouldn't be the first person I've done that for.
ooo

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
Are you ready for that Melee MM? Or are you entirely all talk. Do something more than a $1
I mean sure, dude. Uh, I dunno what talk you're talking about though. Last I recall, I only ever called you out for boasting too much, I never said I was good.

My sig says my Fox is free.

My status thingie says I'm easy money.

I'm, uh, not really seeing where I'm talking. I think I've gotten better at the game, but I don't spend nearly enough time on Melee or PM to qualify as "good" right now.

I'll also MM you in Evolution PM with my Nude Lynn
my Nude Lynn

Top Bottom