• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
Why Am i an idiot? For saying what i think? For wanting something? For asking for an explanation/clarification? For being mad and and saying things out of impulse? Yeah i might be an idiot its true im not even sure what im saying right now all i know is that i want a real explanation and atleast get what we where promised if it has NOTHING TO DO WITH LEGAL BULL**** and then i can be in peace
You can want something all you want. That doesn't mean you deserve it. That's self-entitlement.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
People assume we know the reasons PMDT stopped developing. We don't. And because we don't understand the whole picture, we don't know what plans PMDT may have had. And doing what wiiztec did could have potentially **** all over those plans.
A legal system designed to protect intellectual property shouldn't be so feared that we turn on fellow creators over something so trivial. At least thats my opinion. It boils down to caring more about liberating art or monetizing it.

Anger that someone you trusted not to share something did inevitably share it is only a mildly different story, and we don't really have any context for it besides arguing on reddit. Regardless, trust no one or learn to deal. Its a lesson I've learned being in game development for the time I have. Do you think anyone feels sorry when Capcom makes a big deal hyping 6 characters for SFV, and they all get datamined immediately? Do we feel bad for Nintendo that PMDT essentially took their engine, characters and animations/skeletons only to modify them for their own work?

People can be salty but don't spread hypocrisy.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Exodo Exodo , please just stop whining. Life ain't ****in' fair all the time, and we all still have to deal with what life deals in our decks at the time. Yes, it's not really a good thing that we'll be screwed out of that content, but do you really think the PMDT wanted to screw us out of it in the first place? They'd put half a decade into this, but sometimes you just gotta let **** go and move on to bigger things.

They were already skirting the lines between legal and illegal what with the Homebrew support, and no self-respecting publishers are going to take in a bunch of people who have spent half a decade doing something that could easily cause them to have legal problems later on.

Exodo

Smash Ace
No matter what you believe, you deserve nothing, zip, nada. Next question please
It wasnt a question... and you are right i dont deserve it, you dont deserve it, no one deserves it, but people who ask for clarification and explanation of what and why this happened SHOULD get one, to atleast calm OUR dissapointment/ anger/ confusion

Helsong

Smash Ace
I really hope that I can pass my calc exam and calc final exam. With all of this going on, I can't even focus properly. I am very ashamed of how a lot of users are acting although I can't say I wouldn't do something like that if I was on the other side. I'm just very sad and depressed right now but I'll make it through this all somehow.
You're going to be ok. You've shown yourself to be an intelligent student, aware of what he needs to do to succeed. Things are really tough for you and the rest of the DT right now. I can't say I understand how you feel, but you're going to be ok. From one CS student to another, I hope everything turns out well for you. If you feel like talking about Computer Science or university bull**** or whatever, lemme know, I'm up for it.

Same offer to the rest of you. I like nerding out. You seem like good people to nerd out with. CS or something else. Even PM.

Last edited:

Tarul

Smash Cadet
The community should create a community edition of 3.6

All hail PM 3.6CE

It should only incorporate planned balance changes/bug fixes planned by PMDT, along with Knuckles and Lyn.

Honestly, I just want it to have Knuckles and Lyn.

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
It wasnt a question... and you are right i dont deserve it, you dont deserve it, no one deserves it, but people who ask for clarification and explanation of what and why this happened SHOULD get one, to atleast calm OUR dissapointment/ anger/ confusion
...You do know that saying you "should" get one is the same as saying you deserve one in this context, especially with the way you've been posting it over again, right?

Lizalfos

Smash Master
No. The Dev Team was able to create so much content because we had all of the best talent in the community and 5 years to make our own tools. Besides, did you guys even read the closing letter? "We're done, if you have questions call this lawyer." Play and enjoy the leaks I guess, but stop there.
Lmao, if enough people are as enterprising as you all I bet they could get back in business in 2-3 years, considering the extent of the leaks and now rouge member(s)

People quit making their mods all the time and then others pick them up. The popular DotA today I think was just the most popular offshoots of that mod.
You don't deserve an explanation
Too bad he gets one anyway, regardless of how much you think he shouldn't.
Kurri ★ Kurri ★ I noticed that the hair either warps through the girl's finger or the framerate is too anime to tell what actually happened in you sig. :D

Silly thought experiment to errybudy: if you could magically synthesize a shovel just by seeing another shovel, is the owner of the shovel you saw entitled to that shovel? ? ?
No, I'd be so rich and powerful that I'd own everyone else's ass.
While playing it is annoying, it's inevitable. At this point, it's the people asking to take matters into their own hands that are the problem right now. That's not what's intended by it "being up to the community to keep PM going."
Why not though? What if somebody just branched off from 3.6, is that bad too? It is all the same really. I don't see why you would limit yourself.
Unless Wiiztec was contractually obligated to not copy / distribute said product, then he didn't give up his rights to do said things.
This so hard. Frivolous emotional sediments are too little to hinder enterprising people.
actually now I'm just kind of sad because everything is going to hell in a handbasket, wiiztec is going rogue and causing inter-pmdt fighting, everyone's clamoring for the codes of unfinished characters like they own them, and everyone is mad at everyone else

while at one point I was excited for lyn and knuckles that excitement dimmed when I realized the only reason I wanted them was to see what people would do with them and to see what they were capable of in the metagame. now that they're never going to be released as full characters there won't be any way that will happen because they're never going to be "legit"

and I fear that the final official version of pm, the only one that we can reliably build a metagame off of, is going to be forgotten about in the clamor of not-so-serious mods such as pm legacy and some post-pmdt leaked dev builds

I just want a competitive smash game goddamnit I don't want alts, skins, or recolors, all I need is a functioning build and a bunch of people playing it, and the fascination with the dev builds only hurts pm's actual competitive future

I wasn't sad last night, I was mostly hopeful and warily optimistic about pm's chances but now it's just devolved into anarchy and I'm sad

my stance on the issue is that everyone involved is being an ******* and it makes me sad
I still think that TOs will stick to 3.6 so decentralization will be minimal and all the other stuff going on is just added fun and probably even generates interest
Lizalfos Lizalfos here's a "rule" for you to "enforce" ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮
oh my.
No matter what you believe, you deserve nothing, zip, nada. Next question please
( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮
Why Am i an idiot? For saying what i think? For wanting something? For asking for an explanation/clarification? For being mad and and saying things out of impulse? Yeah i might be an idiot its true im not even sure what im saying right now all i know is that i want a real explanation and atleast get what we where promised if it has NOTHING TO DO WITH LEGAL BULL**** and then i can be in peace
With time. Info is actually getting out much faster than I would expect, for better or worse.
You can want something all you want. That doesn't mean you deserve it. That's self-entitlement.
Self entitlement is the best way of getting things if you work for it though.
I would rather those guys not get slammed with litigation, tbh. I can live with a half-truth for now and infer/assume the rest.

Smooth Criminal
We can already infer fairly accurately.
...You do know that saying you "should" get one is the same as saying you deserve one in this context, especially with the way you've been posting it over again, right?
Clearly he is just as frustrated/confused as everyone else and he will probably sleep on it and be fine tommorow.
Ayyyy.
- - - - - - -
Guys I just realized. What if I met you in real life and I didn't want to marry you anymore...
Thats terrifying. I better try to avoid that scenario.

Last edited:

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Are there any other character changes to this leaked patch aside from the addition of Lyn, Isaac, and Knuckles?

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again

All hail PM 3.6CE

It should only incorporate planned balance changes/bug fixes planned by PMDT, along with Knuckles and Lyn.

no.

we don't know what the pmdt had planned aside from some obvious bugfixes

also the lack of a central organization would make it very unlikely this would ever make it anywhere and not just devolve and splinter the community more

also **** knuckles and lyn. they're not going to happen, anything that's currently out is just some abandoned dev builds and should be viewed as something akin to concept sketches or bonus non-playable content

this is a competitive game and all of this only hurts it

xquqx

Smash Apprentice

All hail PM 3.6CE

Have you played with Knuckles and Lyn yet? They don't feel ready for a full release at all. Honestly it's cool to be able to mess around with them, but in terms of a competitive game they don't belong. We should be focusing on keeping the game alive, and dividing people between various unofficial builds is the easiest way to actually kill PM.

D

Deleted member

You're being overly emotional and acting entitled over something that really doesn't merit so much energy or attention.

What does knowing the truth matter? It doesn't change anything, you can't go back, and you don't learn anything.

We've been told to read between the lines, and there is an link to their attorney on the site. Plus, there's some exdevs spilling what they know on Reddit and 4chan. Come up with your own answers, but all in all, no point in dwelling in the past.

If you want my personal opinion on the matter, there is obviously some gag order in place, and legal action from BigCorp is not uncommon, and actually very destructive. This shouldn't be surprising at all. Thus is the world we live in. BigCorp can actually be blamed for most of the major problems we're dealing with now. So, who can you blame?

Well:
1448522314738-3.jpg 1446572294315.jpg 1447659949917.png

The same guys who nuked a bunch of Mario mod sites to release their mediocre ripoff.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
no.

also the lack of a central organization would make it very unlikely this would ever make it anywhere and not just devolve and splinter the community more

also **** knuckles and lyn. they're not going to happen, anything that's currently out is just some abandoned dev builds and should be viewed as something akin to concept sketches or bonus non-playable content

We only need Unity for the TOs Modders can do what they please.

Exodo

Smash Ace
Exodo Exodo , please just stop whining. Life ain't ****in' fair all the time, and we all still have to deal with what life deals in our decks at the time. Yes, it's not really a good thing that we'll be screwed out of that content, but do you really think the PMDT wanted to screw us out of it in the first place? They'd put half a decade into this, but sometimes you just gotta let **** go and move on to bigger things.

They were already skirting the lines between legal and illegal what with the Homebrew support, and no self-respecting publishers are going to take in a bunch of people who have spent half a decade doing something that could easily cause them to have legal problems later on.
I think pm deserves a little bit of whinning about, it only means people actually care about it... besides its only been a day and i knew today let people whine for a while thats just how it works when things are lost, and trust me i know about life not being fair.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Lmao, if enough people are as enterprising as you all I bet they could get back in business in 2-3 years, considering the extent of the leaks and now rouge member(s)

People quit making their mods all the time and then others pick them up. The popular DotA today I think was just the most popular offshoots of that mod.

Too bad he gets one anyway, regardless of how much you think he shouldn't.

No, I'd be so rich and powerful that I'd own everyone else's ***.

Why not though? What if somebody just branched off from 3.6, is that bad too? It is all the same really. I don't see why you would limit yourself.

This so hard. Frivolous emotional sediments are too little to hinder enterprising people.

I still think that TOs will stick to 3.6 so decentralization will be minimal and all the other stuff going on is just added fun and probably even generates interest

oh my.

( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

With time. Info is actually getting out much faster than I would expect, for better or worse.

Self entitlement is the best way of getting things if you work for it though.

We can already infer fairly accurately.

Clearly he is just as frustrated/confused as everyone else and he will probably sleep on it and be fine tommorow.

Ayyyy.
- - - - - - -
Guys I just realized. What if I met you in real life and I didn't want to marry you anymore...
Thats terrifying. I better try to avoid that scenario.
If he gets an explanation, he gets it, but not because he deserved one or demanded it. I'm not sure what the problem is.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Wiiztec was booted because if he had still been in he would have been the one to tell us what's actually happening. Not because he posted the build. He was booted just a week ago.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
You're being overly emotional and acting entitled over something that really doesn't merit so much energy or attention.

What does knowing the truth matter? It doesn't change anything, you can't go back, and you don't learn anything.

We've been told to read between the lines, and there is an link to their attorney on the site. Plus, there's some exdevs spilling what they know on Reddit and 4chan. Come up with your own answers, but all in all, no point in dwelling in the past.

If you want my personal opinion on the matter, there is obviously some gag order in place, and legal action from BigCorp is not uncommon, and actually very destructive. This shouldn't be surprising at all. Thus is the world we live in. BigCorp can actually be blamed for most of the major problems we're dealing with now. So, who can you blame?

Well:
View attachment 85799 View attachment 85800 View attachment 85801

The same guys who nuked a bunch of Mario mod sites to release their mediocre ripoff.
I live for this ****. More please.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
no.

tbh centralization is overrated imo fam

#anarchocapitalism
Wiiztec was booted because if he had still been in he would have been the one to tell us what's actually happening. Not because he posted the build. He was booted just a week ago.
Well yeah they knew Wiiztec's character and foresaw he'd have the courage and integrity and all those other good buzzword virtues to stand up and tell the truth.

D

Deleted member

no.

Eyyy

Actually, PMDT had very much intended to have those characters form part of the roster, and not only that, but some devs believe they would be healthy additions to the meta:

Screenshot_2015-12-02-22-53-16.jpeg

The will and intent of the dev team runs contrary to what you infer, and with two characters being totally finished, only needing balance tweaks, I don't see an issue with including at least two of the four in an official build.

Beung against adding those two would be like being against allowing DLC characters in Smash 4 tourneys.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
image.jpg

Infinite

Smash Rookie
Although potentially not where the DT wanted to leave it, 3.6 should be considered the final build. I think Lucky said it best (can't link yet) but basically we are now able to dive into PM without the worry of dramatic changes to characters. (Bug fixes are something to look into, however)

The game has some a balance of strong characters, some less so than others, but is by far the most balanced and IMO most fun of any smash game out there. That is something we have the PMDT to thank for. That is there legacy, not this mumbo jumbo going on now. If this keeps up the community is going to split itself.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
You're going to be ok. You've shown yourself to be an intelligent student, aware of what he needs to do to succeed. Things are really tough for you and the rest of the DT right now. I can't say I understand how you feel, but you're going to be ok. From one CS student to another, I hope everything turns out well for you. If you feel like talking about Computer Science or university bull**** or whatever, lemme know, I'm up for it.

Same offer to the rest of you. I like nerding out. You seem like good people to nerd out with. CS or something else. Even PM.
You're a wonderful person and I'll keep that offer in mind.

@CORY Calc 2

Helsong

Smash Ace
You're a wonderful person and I'll keep that offer in mind.

@CORY Calc 2
I'm a decent person. I try, at least. I've got kids like you in my class, I can't really go two seconds without worrying about them. Best of luck. You'll kick ass. You and the DT have something to be proud of, even if some parts of the community are going nuts right now.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I'll PM you a bunch of stuff later, NoA and the SJWs are always up to no good...

...starting trouble in my neighborhood...
I'd take it a hell of a lot more seriously....

If it hadn't been happening since the very beginning of Nintendo. It was arguably even worse back then, which sounds crazy, but it most certainly was.

Also lol @ the comment about Mario titles being for casuals. Typical 4chan.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
What happened to supporting the developers? A few of them are sharing the code with us to do so with what we please. How about instead of instigating drama, say thanks and don't tell people what they should do?

If a few people outside of a developer bureaucracy use their passion for PM to make something beautiful, good for them. Anything to keep the game alive. I knew people would start deifying 3.6 as the holy text only the true believers will follow, but it's still stupid.

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
What happened to supporting the developers? A few of them are sharing the code with us to do so with what we please. How about instead of instigating drama, say thanks and don't tell people what they should do?

If a few people outside of a developer bureaucracy use their passion for PM to make something beautiful, good for them. Anything to keep the game alive. I knew people would start deifying 3.6 as the holy text only the true believers will follow, but it's still stupid.
Well, that's where this problem lies. Not all developers feel the same way.

What do you do then?

Top Bottom