• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Buffum

Smash Rookie
Is using 8ch the internet equivalent of being a vegan or some ****?
No one gives a **** about your imaginary politics I want PM deets.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
oh, we're talking about the movement started by "woman had sex for reviews" that turned out to be entirely false (of which even the bitter ex who started the rumor disproved it) and thus ended up just being built around "woman had sex". yeaaaah no there's more important discussion than your weird hero syndrome that needs to be addressed right now, but keep posting the same videos from the same political biases that'll help I'm sure

--

the "new PMDT" is... interesting. I have ideas I might wanna throw at them, if they truly want to build up a stabilized set-up, but I have my doubts of doing that over simply learning 3.6 forever
What? I never claimed I believed those things. To me, the sex for video games and journalistic ethics stuff is bull anyways, that's the unchanging nature of 'journalism' and news etc., I'm far more interested in fighting "cultural marxists". Besides, they put out other content than the stuff about "gamergate" you know. It's well documented with many links to sources and archives and stuff, so if you wanna disprove stuff you're more than welcome to disprove them.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
RIP the dream
B-But it's obviously a C&D, even though those are made public

What? I never claimed I believed those things. To me, the sex for video games and journalistic ethics stuff is bull anyways, that's the unchanging nature of 'journalism' and news etc., I'm far more interested in fighting "cultural marxists". Besides, they put out other content than the stuff about "gamergate" you know. It's well documented with many links to sources and archives and stuff, so if you wanna disprove stuff you're more than welcome to disprove them.
If they talk about Gamergate as though it were good they're already worthless.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
oh, we're talking about the movement started by "woman had sex for reviews" that turned out to be entirely false (of which even the bitter ex who started the rumor disproved it) and thus ended up just being built around "woman had sex". yeaaaah no there's more important discussion than your weird hero syndrome that needs to be addressed right now, but keep posting the same videos from the same political biases that'll help I'm sure

--

the "new PMDT" is... interesting. I have ideas I might wanna throw at them, if they truly want to build up a stabilized set-up, but I have my doubts of doing that over simply learning 3.6 forever
I have to agree gamergate was really sophistic and just a bad movement. But Anita Sarkeesian also just puts out low quality content with lame conclusions.
Like honestly I feel like she would start promoting prohibition and other stuff.

LovinMitts

Smash Journeyman
Knuckles is pretty much done though. Doesn't make sense to exclude him just because we got him through this whole ordeal.
Honestly, in his current form, he feels super clunky. Same with the other two. I don't think they're as finished as they say they are, with Lyn feeling the most fluid of the three. Knuckles' physics feel really off and none of his moves link like they should because they're all laggy because of unfinished animations. Isaac's specials are either not fully implemented or useless. Just let the game live on as is. No need to divide the community.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard

Obviously legal threats they're contractually obligated not to talk about thus can't deny without any doubt being able to be cast upon their denial :troll:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
using 8ch is the equivalent of being a pedophile white supremacist domestic terrorist
Or 14.

That isn't a valid argument. He put out an argument and you just went after the strawman. Just say that you don't care to talk about this like you mean to.

What if project M is an anagram

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I have to agree gamergate was really sophistic and just a bad movement. But Anita Sarkeesian also just puts out low quality content with lame conclusions.
Like honestly I feel like she would start promoting prohibition and other stuff.
Right but the writer for Feminist Frequency is Jonathan McIntosh, and both of them are known for not actually believing what they say. McIntosh particularly wants to "construct a narrative." Mimi Ito doesn't even believe the stuff she's been saying lately either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18gU4HSkW9Y

This is a 3 hour documentary with sourcing out the ass. Disagree if you feel like it, but the facts are rock hard and I can find no fault in them. Please point out said fault if you find one, I'd very much like to know The Truth™

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
don't confuse me for liking anita, mind. she's very much feminist concepts 101, her existence in games doesn't really address how women of color in the games industry have been hit much worse in similar scenarios, and any of her rhetoric involving sex worker gets skeevy real, real quickly...

but, and this is important: she's only up there on the basis that it was forced. she was harassed for absurd amounts of time, and when you have so many people hating her so heavily and publicly all at once, people notice those things. if people just had a normal back-and-forth on this, none of this would have happened, but the hatred towards her made her a success several hundred times beyond her anticipation

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Right but the writer for Feminist Frequency is Jonathan McIntosh, and both of them are known for not actually believing what they say. McIntosh particularly wants to "construct a narrative." Mimi Ito doesn't even believe the stuff she's been saying lately either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18gU4HSkW9Y

This is a 3 hour documentary with sourcing out the ***. Disagree if you feel like it, but the facts are rock hard and I can find no fault in them. Please point out said fault if you find one, I'd very much like to know The Truth™
Does "construct a narrative" mean incite witch hunting and internet rioting?
don't confuse me for liking anita, mind. she's very much feminist concepts 101, her existence in games doesn't really address how women of color in the games industry have been hit much worse in similar scenarios, and any of her rhetoric involving sex worker gets skeevy real, real quickly...

but, and this is important: she's only up there on the basis that it was forced. she was harassed for absurd amounts of time, and when you have so many people hating her so heavily and publicly all at once, people notice those things. if people just had a normal back-and-forth on this, none of this would have happened, but the hatred towards her made her a success several hundred times beyond her anticipation
Exactly. GG was a real, "We did it Reddit!", kind of deal. Anita and Fem Frequency are lame and benign, but then people acted violently making everyone look bad.

But still, FemFreq, attacked Linkle. Srsly. Attacking the fun tumblr genderswap. Waiiii. Why do you have to be culturally relevant now.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Does "construct a narrative" mean incite witch hunting and internet rioting?
Watch and find out. :D
But I'd interpret things to say "yes, but not to the degree they were expecting."

It's a 3 hour video and the sources area all hours long video archives and transcriptions and stuff and

so I understand if you don't want to or anything. I wouldn't watch a 3 hour docu from some dude on the internet that opposes me

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Hey! Small world.

Do we know why they shut things down yet? Sorry if I'm late to the party.
From what I've read around it looks like it's because of internal conflict, is there any truth to that?
Here.
If it's not here or from a PMDT member themself, don't believe it.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
But I'd interpret things to say "yes, but not to the degree they were expecting."

It's a 3 hour video and the sources area all hours long video archives and transcriptions and stuff and

so I understand if you don't want to or anything. I wouldn't watch a 3 hour docu from some dude on the internet that opposes me
Idk, eventho I feel like fem frequency might try to flame bait a bit. The ball was always in GamerGate's court. It is and always will be their fault.

Are you suggesting that you would watch if some dude who agreed with you did. That's confirmation bias. You should really try to do the opposite.

Actually saying things you don't believe is top tier ****posting. This gives me hope that I can make money playing Devil's Advocate and ****posting.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

I don't have the time to listen to a man-baby **** their pants for 3 hours.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Idk, eventho I feel like fem frequency might try to flame bait a bit. The ball was always in GamerGate's court. It is and always will be their fault.

Are you suggesting that you would watch if some dude who agreed with you did. That's confirmation bias. You should really try to do the opposite.
I know, which is why I need to overcome it.
Thankfully, nobody's put me to the test so far and actually given me a 3 hour docu :D

Hey! Small world.

Do we know why they shut things down yet? Sorry if I'm late to the party.
From what I've read around it looks like it's because of internal conflict, is there any truth to that?
Here.
If it's not here or from a PMDT member themself, don't believe it.
Also https://www.reddit.com/r/NewPMDT/comments/3v5710/wiiztec_former_pmdt_ama/

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Ah Gamergate/SJW talk. I was always under the assumption that people weren't pissed at Zoe Quinn because she did have sex, but that she could have sex to further her career and get potential favorable coverage for her terrible game Depression Quest. Corruption in Gaming Journalism isn't typically a topic that's taken seriously as many will just shrug it off as either "That's just how it is" or "It's just gaming, who really cares?" It's not like the majority of mainstream gaming journalism isn't **** paid for by the companies that produce games and or are subsidiaries of said companies in many cases. From the initial premise of potential corruption and the lack of transparency in divulging conflicts of interest that any actual journalist would be required to do, it moved into this social justice **** that ended up focusing on feminism when that should have had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Yeah, some people ended up being sent harassment and threats, but it wasn't exactly one sided. Granted, it's all bull**** and nobody should threaten or harass anybody for having an opinion that differs from their own. I do have to say though, from news footage showing Anita's harassment, she certainly seemed like she reveled in the attention, and while this is just my opinion it feels like she was enjoying feeling like a celebrity.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Ah Gamergate/SJW talk. I was always under the assumption that people weren't pissed at Zoe Quinn because she did have sex, but that she could have sex to further her career and get potential favorable coverage for her terrible game Depression Quest. Corruption in Gaming Journalism isn't typically a topic that's taken seriously as many will just shrug it off as either "That's just how it is" or "It's just gaming, who really cares?" It's not like the majority of mainstream gaming journalism isn't **** paid for by the companies that produce games and or are subsidiaries of said companies in many cases. From the initial premise of potential corruption and the lack of transparency in divulging conflicts of interest that any actual journalist would be required to do, it moved into this social justice **** that ended up focusing on feminism when that should have had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Yeah, some people ended up being sent harassment and threats, but it wasn't exactly one sided. Granted, it's all bull**** and nobody should threaten or harass anybody for having an opinion that differs from their own. I do have to say though, from news footage showing Anita's harassment, she certainly seemed like she reveled in the attention, and while this is just my opinion it feels like she was enjoying feeling like a celebrity.
I can't blame her because that is why I'm talking about this very subject on PMS, for attention and drama. Don't doubt for a second that King Of Pol, IA, Thunderf00t, or any other gamergaters didn't revel in the celebrity and drama either.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I can't blame her because that is why I'm talking about this very subject on PMS, for attention and drama. Don't doubt for a second that King Of Pol, IA, Thunderf00t, or any other gamergaters didn't revel in the celebrity and drama either.
Thunderf00t wasn't a gamergater. He just makes videos related to debunking things he considers crap. Just so happened to be that Anita's Tropes vs Women series ended up in the headlights. I have no idea who those other two are.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again

"b-but it's not **** if she enjoyed it!"

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
**** this discussion, but why would anyone hate Linkle, they all wanted female Link. Whenever you would argue Nintendo should make a new character or just make Zelda more relevant, they insisted on altering gender identify as more progressive.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Why even post if you're just gonna circle the jerk tbh

Yeah but GG wasn't about ethics or sjws or harassment or anything like that.
It was about... education reform and cultural marxism.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Thunderf00t wasn't a gamergater. He just makes videos related to debunking things he considers crap. Just so happened to be that Anita's Tropes vs Women series ended up in the headlights. I have no idea who those other two are.
It contributed a lot to retorhic iirc. Internet Aristocrat and King of /Pol/ were "leaders" I guess.
**** this discussion, but why would anyone hate Linkle, they all wanted female Link. Whenever you would argue Nintendo should make a new character or just make Zelda more relevant, they insisted on altering gender identify as more progressive.
Idk, maybe they truly believe that she isn't praiseworthy. The twitter posts dismissed her as the Ms. Male trope. I honestly think that they do like to incite a little drama here and there because it is good publicity, so they bait.

Edit: it keeps me interested at least. If they were truly compelling more of the time I'd probably stay a lot more interested.

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761

I was never part of GG, not much of a joiner. Yet, I do agree with what seems to be the less vocal goal of attaining some greater level of transparency in our gaming media. Sadly, the people that were the most vocal and got the most media attention happened to show things in a negative light. I've watched a number of interviews and discussions regarding GG vs SJW stuff, and while I don't like that it ended up being even slightly related to third wave feminism, the people on the GG side tended to argue more logically and less with their emotions than the other side. Of course, this only applies to the stuff I've seen via shows like The David Pakman Show and the like.

Lizalfos

Smash Master

It was about the Military-Industrial Complex
I'm not sure why I didn't think of that.
I bet you are one of those people who has trouble with Junior Jumble.
I was never part of GG, not much of a joiner. Yet, I do agree with what seems to be the less vocal goal of attaining some greater level of transparency in our gaming media. Sadly, the people that were the most vocal and got the most media attention happened to show things in a negative light. I've watched a number of interviews and discussions regarding GG vs SJW stuff, and while I don't like that it ended up being even slightly related to third wave feminism, the people on the GG side tended to argue more logically and less with their emotions than the other side. Of course, this only applies to the stuff I've seen via shows like The David Pakman Show and the like.
They were really compelling, but it really started with harassing women and it stayed with that most of the way. Everything else was a surface level PR campaign. Lots of people got caught up in it, even really respectable figures like TB. I wouldn't feel bad about believing in the transparency stuff, but I wouldn't go around saying GG did nothing wrong.

The KKK pretends to be a really helpful community organization. That they wear hoods to be selfless, ect.
TL;DR Sophistic

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Someone leaked what was supposed to be 3.61 if you guys are interested. No clones, just the costume/ some bug fix stuff I believe

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
how to play lyn 101

step 1: face right
step 2: charge u-smash
step 3: keep charging u-smash
step 4: u win congratz :)

Top Bottom