• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Looked up that image cause you know, ****ing muscle + touhou/weeb is kind of my territory man. That was the dumbest comic I've ever read in my whole life.
Was it something by Bomber Grape? ...Because if it was, that's par for the course.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
the most important part of undertale is how many people there are that, when given the choice between solving problems with quirky funny characters in peaceful ways or just straight up murdering them, will still choose the latter for some reason
video games

studies generally show that games are more of an outlet for violent and/or competitive behavior than an enabler of it

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Welp, ZeRo lost a tourney, it's over guys pack it up, SmUsh is done, it's dead, Rest in Requisat in Reset in RIP in Pieces in Pepperoni Pizza in Peace

Lizalfos

Smash Master
A haunting song echos down the corridor... Won't you play along? Only the first 8 are fine.

I am not musically inclined. I got the statue to play music tho.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
it'll be fun to watch SSB4 for the next while, I think

a lot of the issues with SSB4 before, for me, was simply just that zero murdered everyone, and thus there was no surprise, nothing to keep you on the edge of your seat during a tournament. this is especially added to the fact that the only time the game had large amounts of suspense to most viewers happened to be the times people got close to zero, and everything else ppl largely ignore.

zero is definitely still the #1 in the world currently, but this means he's not only very much beatable, but that there's someone closing in on his level. that's a great thing for smash 4, if anything

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
i don't give two hoots about smash 4 and wish it had never been made so PM would still be at majors

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
This guy thinks we actually talk about pm here, how cute

In other news I broke Jax in LoL, ask me anything

Mystletaynn

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mystletaynn
3DS FC
3909-8402-8213
Oh, that reminds me, I wrote the top-rated/viewed Kindred guide on solomid.net, so if you want information on the new champ, feel free to check it out here.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
No why ..........
it's pretty obvious

as a heads-up, the social thread is not a matchmaking thread. none of the people in this thread are looking to play pm online, or probably even talk about the game. most of us attend tournaments or play online via the far superior netplay service provided by Dolphin emulation. if you'd like to learn about netplay, check out http://www.smashladder.com. The matchmaking thread already linked by Mystletaynn Mystletaynn is your best bet at finding an online wii match. Joining your local smash facebook group is your best bet at finding local players to play with irl.

most of us play PM, but none of us really talk about it here. hope this helps.

Bleck

Smash Master
video games

studies generally show that games are more of an outlet for violent and/or competitive behavior than an enabler of it
I don't disagree, but I think there's clearly something wrong when people -

I tried talking and sparing enemies at first but I didn't think anything was happening so I thought I had to kill.
- don't have the patience to do the option that may take slightly more time or effort even though it's clearly the morally correct thing to do

I don't think that video games encourage violent behavior, but at the same time, I don't think very many video games go out of their way to encourage any positive behavior, either

like I don't know about you guys but ever since Paper Mario came out and showed us that goombas are just regular peeps who have lives and jobs and feelings I go outta my way in Mario games to kill as few enemies as possible, 'cause I just... feel bad about it

it'll be fun to watch SSB4 for the next while, I think

a lot of the issues with SSB4 before, for me, was simply just that zero murdered everyone, and thus there was no surprise, nothing to keep you on the edge of your seat during a tournament. this is especially added to the fact that the only time the game had large amounts of suspense to most viewers happened to be the times people got close to zero, and everything else ppl largely ignore.

zero is definitely still the #1 in the world currently, but this means he's not only very much beatable, but that there's someone closing in on his level. that's a great thing for smash 4, if anything
honestly I feel like zero himself stagnated the metagame by going out of his way to argue that the only good characters in the game were the rushdown, spam-your-fAir Melee-types, even though I'm pretty sure that's not the case, and that everyone's just flocking to those characters in an effort to emulate zero and nairo and esam

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
double post I'm so ashamed
you should be ashamed of not killing goombas
they are bad guys
it's a video games, yes things are literally that simple in video games
they have families, in fact that's his brother waddling right behind him trying to kill you as well
they seek only for your suffering, in fact the pleasure in your suffering is the only thing they can feel

Last edited:
Top Bottom