• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Guys, is it possible to look really really strong while wearing glasses? A...friend of mine had his eye vision exam today and I he ended up getting a prescription so that he doesn't have to focus my his eyes to view ant sized text from far away. He doesn't want to run for the campus Criminology club presidency looking really unstrong.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Just get frames that fit your his face (both literally and stylewise) and it can be pulled off.

Personally, I think the square/flat frames are reaching their life cycle end and I'm aiming more for round frames with my next pair (since my prescription hardly changed I can get a thinner frame and have different options with that style).

Just get pictures of them while shopping with your homie and put them up here so we can make fun of you and talk ****, then give valid opinions on the aesthetics.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
The hell, you're not yurs... OK, I guess you are. Why you gotta be confusing?
got sick of having my last name + man as a username. i figured if i was gonna be uncreative, i might as well go with what people actually call me

Guys, is it possible to look really really strong while wearing glasses? A...friend of mine had his eye vision exam today and I he ended up getting a prescription so that he doesn't have to focus my his eyes to view ant sized text from far away. He doesn't want to run for the campus Criminology club presidency looking really unstrong.
if anyone questions your strength, just take your glasses off and crush them in your hand.
the ultimate sign of strength is the willingness to impede yourself for the sake of demonstrating your own strength.

Last edited:

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Binary Clone Binary Clone we do our crew battles against Lacrosse and Platteville on the 7th. any general advice? i know lacrosse is jank and has stuff like luigi and yoshi on their crew but they're actually very legit players and destroyed platteville (not sure how good platteville is)

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Just get pictures of them while shopping with your homie and put them up here so we can make fun of you and talk ****, then give valid opinions on the aesthetics.
The best kind of feedback.

if anyone questions your strength, just take your glasses off and crush them in your hand.
the ultimate sign of strength is the willingness to impede yourself for the sake of demonstrating your own strength.
You're right. I need to be like K-Brad.

D

Deleted member

I had a really ****ty day at work, but coming home to this makes it all worth while.

image.jpg

Bazkip

Smash Master
Just get frames that fit your his face (both literally and stylewise) and it can be pulled off.

Personally, I think the square/flat frames are reaching their life cycle end and I'm aiming more for round frames with my next pair (since my prescription hardly changed I can get a thinner frame and have different options with that style).

Nerds

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
Binary Clone Binary Clone we do our crew battles against Lacrosse and Platteville on the 7th. any general advice? i know lacrosse is jank and has stuff like luigi and yoshi on their crew but they're actually very legit players and destroyed platteville (not sure how good platteville is)
If you have more than 5 people registered for TMG, be sure you know who is playing on your crew at least a week in advance, especially if you're travelling, and have a sub even then, just in case.

Nobody cares if you report your team on TMG beforehand or not, in reality.

If your opponents have fought other crews before you, you can probably research them to get a leg up on your CP game.

Be smart about your counterpicking, too. A lot of teams just throw people out in a set order, and that's not a good idea. be flexible and strategic. The only person set in your team's order should be your starter.

Other than that, I wouldn't say I'm that experienced in crews, so I can't give a ton of advice. People will choke hard. Constantly encourage them, trash talk the other team. It's what crews are about.

And remember: it doesn't really matter who wins. Illinois is going to body the winner of Wisconsin, and no matter who wins Midwest, Ontario is going to body them, pretty much.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
>Mom had to go do business yesterday.
>Wanted me, my brother, and my sister to get some groceries for dinner
>Also wanted us to mow the lawn and clean the house
>Brother didn't want to spend the gas so we walk instead
>IN 95 DEGREE WEATHER
>Come back from the store carrying a ton of ****
>Tired as hell because of the heat
>Tell brother to do the yard because we could of ****ing drove
>He does the yard and his room
>I clean the kitchen, halls, and my room
>Sister says she's gonna do the living room and bathroom
>Mom comes back later
>Living room and bathroom still isn't clean and sister ain't no where in sight
>"YALL BOYS NEVER DO NOTHING AROUND THIS HOUSE"
>MFW
1445009237197.jpg

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I think the square/flat frames are reaching their life cycle end
Square frames will never get old as long as I'm alive

On a note kind of related to the whole college conversation earlier, a company near me is allowing people at my university to schedule an interview with them, like its guaranteed. Would writing a cover letter still be recommended? The impression I get is they are meant to help you get an interview easier, but in this case it's a guaranteed interview no matter what.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Out of the blue today when I played PM 90% of the time I after wavedashed or l-canceled I would shield. I play spacies and wd in neutral way too much so this stuff doesn't ever happen to me anymore. Should I try to fix my controller or something? Has this happened to any you guys before?

edit: Booted up melee and made sure the buttons weren't depressed while plugging it in. Still happens. And only with the l button too. helpppp
Yeah this happened to me right after BH4 (had a rare blue one =[ ). Was really annoying to involuntarily shield or roll after L cancelling and stuff... I took my controller apart and raised the trigger mechanism and it worked for a while, then it just happened again. Ended up replacing it entirely. :/

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
Which is fine, you have an endgoal in mind. General courses aren't that useful because they're not applied.

Programming is something that a lot of places will use, and its not an unrealistic goal because there is a market out there for it. Plus its something you'd have to go to school for in order to get a job in it.

Plus PM has gotta look pretty good on a resume, right?
You have no arms

ilikesquids

Smash Cadet
actually using the word "emo" to describe a person indicates that your worldview is probably too embryonic to be taken seriously
And why on earth would that be? Doesn't really make sense. I feel that emo and kid go together wonderfully to synergize and describe a certain type of person. But I'm going to end this conversation here, I know better than to argue with Bleck :)

Have a nice day, and be realistic, or at least optimistic.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Bleck, don't bother taking the bait again, please. He's one of those kinds of people.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
>Mom had to go do business yesterday.
>Wanted me, my brother, and my sister to get some groceries for dinner
>Also wanted us to mow the lawn and clean the house
>Brother didn't want to spend the gas so we walk instead
>IN 95 DEGREE WEATHER
>Come back from the store carrying a ton of ****
>Tired as hell because of the heat
>Tell brother to do the yard because we could of ****ing drove
>He does the yard and his room
>I clean the kitchen, halls, and my room
>Sister says she's gonna do the living room and bathroom
>Mom comes back later
>Living room and bathroom still isn't clean and sister ain't no where in sight
>"YALL BOYS NEVER DO NOTHING AROUND THIS HOUSE"
>MFW
View attachment 78544
Every. Single. Time... I come into this thread, I am welcomed with one of Saito's amazing life story posts. Stay golden man. One day you might have me laughing in my coffin.

Jonyc128

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jonnyc64
If it makes you feel any better, I went to a smash fest/tourney yesterday and got home at 4 am, then decided to play even more smash and went to bed at 6:30.
Been up since 8
Can't fall back asleep

CORY

wut
BRoomer
If it makes you feel any better, I went to a smash fest/tourney yesterday and got home at 4 am, then decided to play even more smash and went to bed at 6:30.
Been up since 8
Can't fall back asleep
also a nerd.

but a cool one.

the craziest thing i've done, with video games, was playing friendlies against azen after one of the tg's (i think 4?) after the tourney, until i got my ride to the airport. i was playing smash, for like... probably 16 hours straight. we had a party ball explode into bobombs and i swore they were popping off the screen at me and had to force myself to play it cool because i didn't want to freak out in front of azen.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
It doesn't really matter what time you get up if you don't have any obligations, hah. Heh.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Hyrule Warriors
Despite getting my own fair share of enjoyment out of Hyrule warriors, I'd say that Hyrule warriors after all the fan appeal of legend of zelda, is probably the worst Dynasty warrior game I've played. (Not to say that it's bad though. It's still very fun)

Only one that might be arguable worse than that is Dynasty Warriors online, but that's only because people would be able to one shot you with OP gear while you have to land like 7 combos on them just to kill them once.

Top Bottom