• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

CORY

wut
BRoomer
why is art (drawing in specific) like literally the hardest ****ing thing ever?
Gotta practice that drawing tech skill, son. You're gonna find out really ****ty stuff for a while until you get used to stuff.

If you actually want long term improvement, start off with heavy figure drawing (like, the rough shapes and stuff, don't worry about detail at first) and do a lot of work with hands (which means tedious figure drawing with that, too).

Once you get that basic stuff down, move into faces and other details (like, get used to anatomy and stuff like that). Learn to build sketches up from the base model, to rough anatomy (muscle+fat) then put clothing on over that.

If this is just to force your way through a class for credit, I guess just stick to rough figures and build over that easy.

In general, do really light pencil work until you get up to top level of your particular drawing and don't be afraid to erase A LOT.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
and don't be afraid to erase A LOT.
On that note.

Don't be afraid to make the line and stick with it.
As in, be confident with the lines you DO make. Chances are they're not all in as much need of erasing as you might initially think.

Something I've found a lot of people do is the rapid-lines when doing sketches. Essence sketches essentially, making lots of shorter lines like a tickle-line of small lines to make up the initial frame-work of a picture.
Yet somehow when it comes to doing solid, decent, final-like strokes, they're tentative to leave them on the page and move on. Constantly erasing a moving back.

You'll erase a lot, as Cory mentioned, no need to give your self more work. Draw the line and end it. (take one dip and end it!)
At least until you've drawn a few more and the picture is starting to take some decent shape so you know WHAT to erase.
Don't be tentative, hesitant, and other 'afraid of anything' tendencies if you notice them. Just draw.

D

Deleted member

Gotta practice that drawing tech skill, son. You're gonna find out really ****ty stuff for a while until you get used to stuff.

If you actually want long term improvement, start off with heavy figure drawing (like, the rough shapes and stuff, don't worry about detail at first) and do a lot of work with hands (which means tedious figure drawing with that, too).

Once you get that basic stuff down, move into faces and other details (like, get used to anatomy and stuff like that). Learn to build sketches up from the base model, to rough anatomy (muscle+fat) then put clothing on over that.

If this is just to force your way through a class for credit, I guess just stick to rough figures and build over that easy.

In general, do really light pencil work until you get up to top level of your particular drawing and don't be afraid to erase A LOT.
On that note.

Don't be afraid to make the line and stick with it.
As in, be confident with the lines you DO make. Chances are they're not all in as much need of erasing as you might initially think.

Something I've found a lot of people do is the rapid-lines when doing sketches. Essence sketches essentially, making lots of shorter lines like a tickle-line of small lines to make up the initial frame-work of a picture.
Yet somehow when it comes to doing solid, decent, final-like strokes, they're tentative to leave them on the page and move on. Constantly erasing a moving back.

You'll erase a lot, as Cory mentioned, no need to give your self more work. Draw the line and end it. (take one dip and end it!)
At least until you've drawn a few more and the picture is starting to take some decent shape so you know WHAT to erase.
Don't be tentative, hesitant, and other 'afraid of anything' tendencies if you notice them. Just draw.
Oh, more or less my problem has been starting over consistently and erasing a lot, I'm on a very tight schedule in producing quality "advanced" Art. All my current assignments, in this order, 70, 38, 25, have all been unfinished pieces of Art. I just feel overwhelmed and absolute garbage at making something amazing. I feel like a lot of the things I create are extremely ugly and are literally the equivalent to Art I pieces.

But all of these points of advice help me a lot, so thanks a lot guys <3

ilikesquids

Smash Cadet
Oh, more or less my problem has been starting over consistently and erasing a lot, I'm on a very tight schedule in producing quality "advanced" Art. All my current assignments, in this order, 70, 38, 25, have all been unfinished pieces of Art. I just feel overwhelmed and absolute garbage at making something amazing. I feel like a lot of the things I create are extremely ugly and are literally the equivalent to Art I pieces.

you can do it < 3

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So IDK if anyone posted this in here yet but does anyone remember that Me Me Me video that I posted a good while ago well here's another video from the same animation studio from then in a similar faction.

AuraMaudeGone

Smash Ace

The best advice I've been given is to create things people can relate to. Don't try to be the next Rembrandt.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
What is Nightcore anyways? Every time I look it up it's just popular songs with a higher pitch and an anime background. I guess you could say vaporwave does the same thing, but they play around with it.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
What is Nightcore anyways? Every time I look it up it's just popular songs with a higher pitch and an anime background. I guess you could say vaporwave does the same thing, but they play around with it.
Nightcore is just speeding up a song, making the pitch higher, pumping up the bass and maybe adding some untz untz

Then add an underage girl in a suggestive position wearing revealing clothing and you're good to go

Helsong

Smash Ace
Undertale is like if Earthbound was an SMT game, and that's so awesome. I love it.

But I killed my tutor/teacher/mother figure and I feel like a total *****. So much regret.
:sadsheep:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Undertale is like if Earthbound was an SMT game, and that's so awesome. I love it.

But I killed my tutor/teacher/mother figure and I feel like a total *****. So much regret.
:sadsheep:
yer a monster. might as well just go geno.

ASVazPZ.png

Last edited:

Fortress

Smash Master
Pretty sure it's intended to be played Pacifist first and then Genocide. Considering Genocide alters any SAVEs afterward. Or you could ***** out and go for Neutral.

Helsong

Smash Ace
I've heard there's actual stuff that changes if you do full pacifist and straight up murder everything, but I think I'll just do things standard for my first playthrough and not try to go for anything in particular. It's definitely pulled me away from MGSV, that's for sure.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Sometimes I wish I could ask people if they are intentionally being assholes or if they are well intentioned and just come across poorly. There are lots of people who seem like awful and mean people until you really get to meet them.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
nightcore is literally deviantart: the musical

vaporwave is pr bad too, but they at least add **** to the song instead of just changing the speed and pitch and leaving it at that

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I've got literally the perfect screencap for you.

1444566490099.png

D

Deleted member

I've got literally the perfect screencap for you.

View attachment 78363
This is sweet and all, and I swallowed this advice, but I still can't shake the stress of being under time constraint

I also have this ****ty mindset of "If this kid can make an Art piece worth a 91 in a seven hour period, why can't I?"

It's really painful realizing you can't be as good as someone else, but hey

Bleck

Smash Master
I hate this game and all the smash games and all the people who play them including yours truly

dedede's down smash can't kill lucina at 130% but she can certainly kill him at 60% with a forward smash

why did I ever think these games were good

edit: a yoshi player just broke my shield with his down b and I almost threw my controller through the TV

I think I'm done with smash

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I hate this game and all the smash games and all the people who play them including yours truly

dedede's down smash can't kill lucina at 130% but she can certainly kill him at 60% with a forward smash

why did I ever think these games were good

edit: a yoshi player just broke my shield with his down b and I almost threw my controller through the TV

I think I'm done with smash
Let your anger be as a monkey in a pinata, hiding with the candy, hoping the kids don"t break through with the stick.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Real life tip. If you can go to a HS for arts and Humanities, definately do it. You will have way more fun than the Math Science kids and colleges will love you.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Sometimes I wish I could ask people if they are intentionally being ******** or if they are well intentioned and just come across poorly. There are lots of people who seem like awful and mean people until you really get to meet them.
Most meatbags mean well, they just rarely...do well. That said, assume incompetence only the first time. Beyond that, assume malice as a general rule.
/horrible bias

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Real life tip. If you can go to a HS for arts and Humanities, definately do it. You will have way more fun than the Math Science kids and colleges will love you.
On the other hand, having a future is nice

Speaking of which, I'm already done with my midterms in university and still haven't gotten my college degree...
The educational system is weird.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
On the other hand, having a future is nice

Speaking of which, I'm already done with my midterms in university and still haven't gotten my college degree...
The educational system is weird.
That is what I thought, but you just burn out on your passion in HS. Get a regular (probably above average) education otherwise, and major whatever STEM field you want in college.

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Going through an arts and humanities program in HS doesn't prepare you at all for the difficult mathematics or chemistry you're going to have to do in college/university though. In fact my pure and applied sciences degree in college barely prepared me for my Maths & physics bachelor's, even after taking advances calculus.

Science is hard.

Top Bottom