• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
Despite getting my own fair share of enjoyment out of Hyrule warriors, I'd say that Hyrule warriors after all the fan appeal of legend of zelda, is probably the worst Dynasty warrior game I've played. (Not to say that it's bad though. It's still very fun)

Only one that might be arguable worse than that is Dynasty Warriors online, but that's only because people would be able to one shot you with OP gear while you have to land like 7 combos on them just to kill them once.
hyrule warriors I only played for that zelda fanboy reasons. Playing dragon quest heroes and it's a lot better. Does uniques things with the crossover that keep things from being too bland.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Dad dragged me last minute to baseball game with my uncles and some of his student advisees.

Why do people do this exactly? It's freezing, and if there wasn't any food or women I'd be bored as hell.

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
You laugh now

But wait until Westballz is balls deep six feet underground a week from now

AND WARCHAMP DOESN'T EVEN BAT AN EYE

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Dad dragged me last minute to baseball game with my uncles and some of his student advisees. Why do people do this exactly? It's freezing, and if there wasn't any food or women I'd be bored as hell.
Indeed. When the weather is like this, you're supposed to stay indoors, get a blanket or four, and curl up for warmth with the ones you love. ...Like so:
30681246_p0.png
About to play whirlyball for the first time. Wish me luck.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Despite getting my own fair share of enjoyment out of Hyrule warriors, I'd say that Hyrule warriors after all the fan appeal of legend of zelda, is probably the worst Dynasty warrior game I've played. (Not to say that it's bad though. It's still very fun)

Only one that might be arguable worse than that is Dynasty Warriors online, but that's only because people would be able to one shot you with OP gear while you have to land like 7 combos on them just to kill them once.
Would be curious for elaboration. I enjoy HW a lot but some of its major flaws have turned me away from it (not without plugging like 300+ hours first though).

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Would be curious for elaboration. I enjoy HW a lot but some of its major flaws have turned me away from it (not without plugging like 300+ hours first though).
I can't really put my finger on what it is. It's just the feeling I got after I finished playing it. It wasn't as interesting or entertaining as other dynasty warrior games to me.

Might of been a difficulty issue for me personally.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Lmao I didn't even know MLG had smash again this year

Or that it was going on at all

Helsong

Smash Ace
I tuned in a bit, but didn't see much that interested me a lot. I think the general lack of incredibly high talent is hurting it, though Smash4 has a lot of great players there. Melee too, but it's hardly the clash of titans like last year.

Also, I finished Undertale once.
So the game made me feel like crap twice, which is pretty sweet. Last game to make me feel legit ****ty(in a "oh man what have I done I'm a terrible person") was Dark Souls.
Once when I killed Toriel(first thing I'm doing differently when I go through again). I never killed again afterwards, just didn't feel right.
And another when I finally faced Asgore. He was a pretty cool guy, and I figured there was some way to spare him without having to hurt him-cuz that's how this stuff works, and he's too good of a person to die, right? The tropes demand it. Then he destroyed the Mercy Button. So it's like "welp, I'm actually going to have to do this." Oh, and apparently he's aware of you being able to die and save??? That theme was amazing, too. The way it slowly starts, pauses right before the battle, and then it just bursts forth.

Now that I think about it, the emotions during those battles were about the same as when I was fighting Sif, Gwyn, and Artorias in Dark Souls. Except way easier.

And then there's flower jackass, which was uh...well, it was definitely a thing. He also knows you can save and come back from death and all that stuff. I thought the way he was using save states in the "battle" was really interesting, actually. I ended up sparing him in the end. Epilogue ended with Undyne ruling, so I guess not much has changed in the underground.
Definitely going for full pacifist next. I don't know if I have it in me to massacre everyone, honestly.

Best game I've played this year. Great music, charming writing, emotional impact, 10/10.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I tuned in a bit, but didn't see much that interested me a lot. I think the general lack of incredibly high talent is hurting it, though Smash4 has a lot of great players there. Melee too, but it's hardly the clash of titans like last year.

Also, I finished Undertale once.
So the game made me feel like crap twice, which is pretty sweet. Last game to make me feel legit ****ty(in a "oh man what have I done I'm a terrible person") was Dark Souls.
Once when I killed Toriel(first thing I'm doing differently when I go through again). I never killed again afterwards, just didn't feel right.
And another when I finally faced Asgore. He was a pretty cool guy, and I figured there was some way to spare him without having to hurt him-cuz that's how this stuff works, and he's too good of a person to die, right? The tropes demand it. Then he destroyed the Mercy Button. So it's like "welp, I'm actually going to have to do this." Oh, and apparently he's aware of you being able to die and save??? That theme was amazing, too. The way it slowly starts, pauses right before the battle, and then it just bursts forth.

Now that I think about it, the emotions during those battles were about the same as when I was fighting Sif, Gwyn, and Artorias in Dark Souls. Except way easier.

And then there's flower *******, which was uh...well, it was definitely a thing. He also knows you can save and come back from death and all that stuff. I thought the way he was using save states in the "battle" was really interesting, actually. I ended up sparing him in the end. Epilogue ended with Undyne ruling, so I guess not much has changed in the underground.
Definitely going for full pacifist next. I don't know if I have it in me to massacre everyone, honestly.

Best game I've played this year. Great music, charming writing, emotional impact, 10/10.
Muffet will make you quit your pacifist run and kill everyone

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I liked Muffet! Cool character design, absolutely catchy theme. I didn't find her patterns to be that difficult.
What, does she change in a pacifist run?

Actually, don't tell me, I'll find out soon enough.
you do realize you dont level at all in a pacifist right

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
or just hold onto the spider bakery stuff from the beginning and it cuts the fight early

I played undertale on my fightpad and it was great.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
the most important part of undertale is how many people there are that, when given the choice between solving problems with quirky funny characters in peaceful ways or just straight up murdering them, will still choose the latter for some reason

D

Deleted member

Personally, Shark Tale for the Gamecube is way better than Undertale.

A better tale game on the other end, if you get what I mean.

Helsong

Smash Ace
Speaking of gitting gud, I watched a friend fight the Dancer of the Frigid Valley in the Dark Souls 3 network test. I don't have a PS4, so no DkS3 for now.

The boss looks super cool, and the gameplay looks a lot like Dark Souls 1 with some extra bloodborne speed. Really looking forward to it, and the inevitable weird PC launch.

Anytime I see a Fox ditto in Melee, I'm just gonna blare Dogsong over it.

Last edited:

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
the most important part of undertale is how many people there are that, when given the choice between solving problems with quirky funny characters in peaceful ways or just straight up murdering them, will still choose the latter for some reason
It's just really clever game design. The first option you're given that's placed all the way to the left is fight, and natural RPG instincts will tell you to choose that. I tried talking and sparing enemies at first but I didn't think anything was happening so I thought I had to kill.

Mystletaynn

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mystletaynn
3DS FC
3909-8402-8213
Speaking of getting good, it's annoying how I haven't been able to find any PvE combat game difficult anymore. :( Monster Hunter Frontier made the Dark Souls series look like Pokemon XY with the EXP Share on, and everything else felt like Cookie Clicker.

Debating whether or not to get back into Touhou. .-.

Last edited:
Top Bottom