• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
you have bad taste, bleck

Oracle of Ages is the best Zelda game
MM, Oracles, OoT, DX, and the rest, in that order.
Step up your game pls.

EDIT: I ordered one of these Smash controllers on sale atm since I figured I could use an extra controller at home, but was pretty disappointed to see it wasn't the regular white controller with the god-tier cable.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
A mediocre SoCal Fox gets invited as Ice gets eliminated.

Smash Summit is a ****ing joke.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
That feel where you still haven't gotten past water temple and you're too much of wuss to try and beat it.
the thing is, the water temple isn't actually much of a challenge

the actual issue everyone runs into is the fact that, as you're moving the water level up and down through the dungeon, there's a very good chance you'll miss one of the keys you need to move on. it's a tiny room, and in any well-designed dungeon, placed in such a way where it'd fit a compass, something optional like that, so you don't immediately see it when looking through the map.

...and should you only realize this after you've gone through everything else, you have to spend, at minimum, five to ten minutes bumbling about, because you can't go back to that missed room without doing the rest of the water leveling all over again

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
I hate the water temple because going in and out of a menu to put on the iron boots is tedious as hell

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
i find it difficult you can all talk about how annoying the levels were and still say the game was the best. annoying is not a synonym for enjoyable or challenging.

Oracle of Ages is both.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
nah, I preferred minish cap. it's a great small game, it's not the most diverse or largest zelda game but it's polished from top to bottom, which is always preferred over a game that lets you do hundreds of things and only four or five of them are all that fun (see also: skyrim, wherein everyone inevitably becomes a stealthy archer, regardless of whether or not you want to)

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
i find it difficult you can all talk about how annoying the levels were and still say the game was the best. annoying is not a synonym for enjoyable or challenging.

Oracle of Ages is both.
I find your Squigly annoying because once you get a combo started I don't know what to do, but it's still a joy to play against because it's still super cool.

Bleck

Smash Master

Oracle of Ages is both.
the water temple and the shadow temple weren't in majora's mask

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
yeah, but i wasn't talking to you, now was i.

mm is a very different game from OoA. MM's got so many rpg elements. they should do that again.

but OoA has the best dungeons. the puzzles are engaging and the overworld is huge and full of stuff to explore. it would have been remembered much more fondly had it been released on a console with some slightly better graphics.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Finally got Undertale
Shoulda waited until after midterms...
MISTAKES WERE MADE

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Finally got Undertale
Shoulda waited until after midterms...
MISTAKES WERE MADE
It's a fantastic game, but it's also very very short. You can beat it in four hours or less on your first playthrough, very likely. Maybe six-ish if you **** around a lot.

Mystletaynn

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mystletaynn
3DS FC
3909-8402-8213
I'm apparently living under a rock. Wtf is this smash summit thing?
It's a Melee invitational for the best players around, with (now) the highest prize pool of any Melee tourney ever, where the 16 invited players basically all live together, with "4 days of friendlies, interviews, and fan interaction, unique gameplay challenges, plus special appearances, and much more". 10 were invited on skill:

Armada, Mango, Mew2King, PPMD, Plup, Lucky, Axe, Leffen, PewPewU, Westballz

And then there's an extensive voting process for the last 6 slots. Any MIOM top 100 player (or high ranking on Smashboards) could apply for the process, and then votes narrow down the entrants to top 20. What's currently going on is the elimination voting phase to narrow the top 20 into 6 invitees, and there's a lot of drama going on about popularity, sellouts, player skill, "deserving it", etc. It's gotten down to the point where instead of just eliminating the bottom voted players, they're inviting the top 2 and eliminating the bottom 2 (12 down to 8, going to do the same to 4 and 0), and there's a small outrage about Alex19 being voted in (largely thanks to Mang0 telling all of his fans to vote for him) this round while Ice got eliminated. There's also more drama about Melee Hell, but in the interest of not helping them be relevant more than the jokes they are, it was basically Kage and Melee Hell vs HugS and the people opposed to them. Kage got voted in this round alongside Alex19.

The current remaining field is, in order by votes:

Druggedfox, S2J, Swedish Delight, SFAT, Ken, Zhu, Tekk, Shroomed

The website details are here: https://smash.gg/tournament/smash-summit/details

Also I voted for Wizzrobe but rip in pepperonis.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
but OoA has the best dungeons. the puzzles are engaging and the overworld is huge and full of stuff to explore. it would have been remembered much more fondly had it been released on a console with some slightly better graphics.
honestly I'm not gonna fight you on this 'cause I haven't played either Oracle game in over a decade

I'm now making it my short term goal to do that

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
It's a Melee invitational for the best players around, with (now) the highest prize pool of any Melee tourney ever, where the 16 invited players basically all live together, with "4 days of friendlies, interviews, and fan interaction, unique gameplay challenges, plus special appearances, and much more". 10 were invited on skill:

Armada, Mango, Mew2King, PPMD, Plup, Lucky, Axe, Leffen, PewPewU, Westballz

And then there's an extensive voting process for the last 6 slots. Any MIOM top 100 player (or high ranking on Smashboards) could apply for the process, and then votes narrow down the entrants to top 20. What's currently going on is the elimination voting phase to narrow the top 20 into 6 invitees, and there's a lot of drama going on about popularity, sellouts, player skill, "deserving it", etc. It's gotten down to the point where instead of just eliminating the bottom voted players, they're inviting the top 2 and eliminating the bottom 2 (12 down to 8, going to do the same to 4 and 0), and there's a small outrage about Alex19 being voted in (largely thanks to Mang0 telling all of his fans to vote for him) this round while Ice got eliminated. There's also more drama about Melee Hell, but in the interest of not helping them be relevant more than the jokes they are, it was basically Kage and Melee Hell vs HugS and the people opposed to them. Kage got voted in this round alongside Alex19.

The current remaining field is, in order by votes:

Druggedfox, S2J, Swedish Delight, SFAT, Ken, Zhu, Tekk, Shroomed

The website details are here: https://smash.gg/tournament/smash-summit/details

Also I voted for Wizzrobe but rip in pepperonis.
Sounds dumb ;x

Bleck

Smash Master
what's that I can't hear you over me arguing with people on facebook about how the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy is actually good and everyone is an idiot but me

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
what's that I can't hear you over me arguing with people on facebook about how the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy is actually good and everyone is an idiot but me
Out of curiosity, what do you unironically enjoy about the prequel trilogy?

CORY

wut
BRoomer
That' the bleck we've come to expect and tolerate when it's amusing!

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
I think people **** on the prequels too, much, but... Episode 1 was pretty not good.

Speaking of which though NEW TRAILER

SunJester

Smash Ace
New Star Wars trailer and CPC isn't the ruling party anymore. Today was a good birthday.

Rey is a Solo, and so is Kylo-Ren. Kylo is misunderstanding "balancing the force" and is continuing what his grandfather started. Rey ran away at some point and so did Kylo cuz of some traumatic event (Han being a bad dad?) and thats why she's on Jakku.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
HARPER'S OUT, HELL YES

(but liberal majority, which is kind of a nuisance b/c while their overall point is reasonable, they have a lot of microagressions under them, and given the split, far-apart nature of canada's major cities, minority would be better more often than not) (although, at the same time, trudeau is kind of attractive and thus the logic and lust sections of my brain are at odds)

BUT HARPER'S OUT, HELL YES

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
HARPER'S OUT, HELL YES

(but liberal majority, which is kind of a nuisance b/c while their overall point is reasonable, they have a lot of microagressions under them) (although, at the same time, trudeau is kind of attractive and thus the logic and lust sections of my brain are at odds)

BUT HARPER'S OUT, HELL YES
YES WE DIDN'T **** UP AGAIN

Btw @Odds_ your province sucks.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
the prairies are always the conservative ones, yeh

I'm surprised they still stuck to their guns on that fact, considering it was harper that went all-in on alberta oil and suffered a fate literally anyone with a basic history understanding of oil would have called

Jonyc128

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jonnyc64
New Star Wars trailer and CPC isn't the ruling party anymore. Today was a good birthday.

Rey is a Solo, and so is Kylo-Ren. Kylo is misunderstanding "balancing the force" and is continuing what his grandfather started. Rey ran away at some point and so did Kylo cuz of some traumatic event (Han being a bad dad?) and thats why she's on Jakku.
Yea I've come to slowly acknowledge how probable that theory is

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????

this is the man now elected as prime minister of canada

what a world we live in, man

Last edited:

Mystletaynn

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mystletaynn
3DS FC
3909-8402-8213
Noice.

Just need Sanders to make it in the U.S., and maybe North America won't be as messed up as it used to be.

Bleck

Smash Master
Out of curiosity, what do you unironically enjoy about the prequel trilogy?
The prequel trilogy gives important subtext to almost every major interaction in the original trilogy. I can explain the greater importance behind any single "bad" part of the prequels, if you're specific - yes, even that one.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
The prequel trilogy gives important subtext to almost every major interaction in the original trilogy. I can explain the greater importance behind any single "bad" part of the prequels, if you're specific - yes, even that one.
I don't think adding more detail is necessarily beneficial, for example

Midochlorians or whatever the force bugs were called?
Yeah, that thing.

Top Bottom