• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
all prequels add subtext, doesn't mean they're good in their own right

the prequels are some of the most disappointing, poorly written, boring films I've ever watched and it astounds me how out of touch Lucas was with his own creation.

if any of you feel the need to recap that garbage before episode 7 comes out, I highly recommend you watch The Phantom Edit. it takes the best parts of the prequels and cuts them into a a single 2 hour experience that is much more bearable than the actual films themselves.

why does competitive gaming make me feel like ****
because you're 16 years old, so naturally you care way too much about video games

Seriously man. It's a game you play for fun, what's the point of getting upset over it?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

because you're 16 years old, so naturally you care way too much about video games

Seriously man. It's a game you play for fun, what's the point of getting upset over it?
I unno, I've always been that way tbh, and it kinda sucks

I had a really bad experience when I was younger with a Pokemon tournament, and like, ever since then I've been like, emotionally devastated in losing in competitive games and I get pissed at people who excel above me LMAO

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
HARPER'S OUT, HELL YES

(but liberal majority, which is kind of a nuisance b/c while their overall point is reasonable, they have a lot of microagressions under them, and given the split, far-apart nature of canada's major cities, minority would be better more often than not) (although, at the same time, trudeau is kind of attractive and thus the logic and lust sections of my brain are at odds)

BUT HARPER'S OUT, HELL YES
I assume this is a Canada thing? If so, what makes this "Harper" such a fuccboi? Too liberal? Too conservative? wat.

Last edited:

Mystletaynn

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mystletaynn
3DS FC
3909-8402-8213
I unno, I've always been that way tbh, and it kinda sucks

I had a really bad experience when I was younger with a Pokemon tournament, and like, ever since then I've been like, emotionally devastated in losing in competitive games and I get pissed at people who excel above me LMAO
I can sympathize, sometimes I always feel like people are just gonna be better than me. Happens in chess, tennis, Smash, League of Legends, pretty much everything I do.

I held onto this spot for about 5 months, all the way until the ORAS release reset the ladder. :)

But honestly, instead of telling yourself "I'm not good enough", try "I can get better", and just focus on having fun while doing so.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer

the prequels are some of the most disappointing, poorly written, boring films I've ever watched and it astounds me how out of touch Lucas was with his own creation.

if any of you feel the need to recap that garbage before episode 7 comes out, I highly recommend you watch The Phantom Edit. it takes the best parts of the prequels and cuts them into a a single 2 hour experience that is much more bearable than the actual films themselves.
At least Fate/Zero was way better than Stay Night.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
Midochlorians or whatever the force bugs were called?
Midichlorians are often accused of undermining how mystical an idea the Force is supposed to be - that's the point. The Jedi, in the time of the prequels, are corrupt - their reliance on technology to determine someone's aptitude in the ways of the Jedi are meant to illustrate that even the Jedi who are supposedly most in tune with the Force can't tell that the Chosen One is in a room with them unless a machine tells them.

The Jedi being corrupt is a huge part of the entire thematic arc of the prequels, and gives much needed substance to Obi-Wan's relationship with Luke in the originals, as well as positively colouring Luke's victory over the Emperor, in the end.

Last edited:

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
the best thing about episode 1 was that it gave birth to the n64 pod racing game. also i liked the design of the naboo starfighters.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Midichlorians are often accused of undermining how mystical an idea the Force is supposed to be - that's the point. The Jedi, in the time of the prequels, are corrupt - their reliance on technology to determine someone's aptitude in the ways of the Jedi are meant to illustrate that even the Jedi who are supposedly most in tune with the Force can't tell that the Chosen One is in a room with them unless a machine tells them.

The Jedi being corrupt is a huge part of the entire thematic arc of the prequels, and gives much needed substance to Obi-Wan's relationship with Luke in the originals, as well as positively colouring Luke's victory over the Emperor, in the end.
Yeah, but it just feels hammy and stilted to watch.

Mystletaynn

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mystletaynn
3DS FC
3909-8402-8213
At least Fate/Zero was way better than Stay Night.
Fate/Apocrypha is easily the best entry in the Fate/ series, but since it's a light novel it has less exposure, you can find translations on Wattpad or something similar, and I definitely recommend checking it out.

Bleck

Smash Master
i remember playing the podracing game at my friend's house. that was cool.
That game was incredible and I hate that there were never any sequels.

Yeah, but it just feels hammy and stilted to watch.
It's ****ing Star Wars.

If someone's opinion is "all of Star Wars is hammy and stilted", okay, yeah. If someone's opinion is "the prequels were hammy and stilted but the originals were glorious, subtle masterpieces", congratulations! You let society decide your opinion for you, and in this case it's an awful one.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
There was a good sequel to it. Did everything the same just updated graphics and controls. It was actually a lot more difficult than the N64 one.

Bleck

Smash Master
There was a good sequel to it. Did everything the same just updated graphics and controls. It was actually a lot more difficult than the N64 one.
I didn't like it as much - the original's engine was very much a physical simulation of how podracers actually worked, but the sequel replaced that with a very dry "kart game" kind of feel.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord

I'll check that out myself. I've only known of the recommended watching order, which is 4 -> 5 -> prequel trilogy -> 6,
which I heard/read flows as a story with the timed surprises of 5 a big flashback in the middle (and as a bonus you don't have to end the series at 3).

Last edited:

SunJester

Smash Ace
Characters and Dialogue are 90% of the problem with the prequels. The story isn't any worse than the original trilogy, and frankly the films look fantastic. The action is fun and exciting, and the art direction is great.

However George really forgot how to make us give a **** about the characters. They're all either incredibly boring or annoying. The dialogue is really awful. Not endearingly bad like "You scruffy nerf-herder" (which is clearly meant to be silly) but ****ing AWFUL like "Only my new powers can save you, padme" which is meant to be serious and dramatic.

I honestly hope Disney will remake them at some point, I think there's a really good framework there thats poorly executed.

Though they really have their moments.

Watch this scene and tell me its not good. It shows Palpatine tempting Anakin all while expanding on the universe and canon of Star Wars. Its excellent. Too bad the rest of the movie isn't as consistent.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master

It's ****ing Star Wars.

If someone's opinion is "all of Star Wars is hammy and stilted", okay, yeah. If someone's opinion is "the prequels were hammy and stilted but the originals were glorious, subtle masterpieces", congratulations! You let society decide your opinion for you, and in this case it's an awful one.
Yeah. Star Wars were really stupid movies. It was probably that the prequels tried harder, and focused on the characters instead of blowing up the memestar.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Yeah. Star Wars were really stupid movies. It was probably that the prequels tried harder, and focused on the characters instead of blowing up the memestar.
I disagree. One of the problems people have with the prequel trilogy is that the characters aren't as strong as the ones in the original trilogy. Another is that episode I in particular feels like it doesn't even have a protagonist to follow.
Source: RedLetterMedia The Phantom Menace review

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
the best thing about episode 1 was that it gave birth to the n64 pod racing game. also i liked the design of the naboo starfighters.
Rogue Squadron on N64 added a playable Naboo Starfighter as a cheat code, 5 months before The Phantom Menace came out. When the movie came out, LucasArts released the code, and not even most of the developers knew it was in the game. The fact they kept it that well hidden and then revealing to fans it was in there the whole time was awesome.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Why do I always want to sleep during the week and stay up on the weekends.
Why can't I pull myself together for 1 week to get ready for a test.
I just want to sleep more.

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Lego Star Wars is pretty fun. :awesome:
I wasn't allowed to watch Star Wars as a kid so I never understood any references other than the usual "I am your father" stuff

When I first got my 360 it came with Lego Star Wars 2, was so cash. I begged for the complete saga for Christmas when it came out and played it all day and night for some weeks to come, it's easily up there in one of my favorite games ever

Ner0

Smash Cadet
I'm so happy it was Nairo that was the one to be the one behind fifty-six and one.

Sup nerd. Who's your favorite wrestler and why is it both John Cena and Roman Reigns?
I've never seen John Cena so how can I?
Also, Jeff Hardy during his time in WWE was the best

Top Bottom