• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
The PR team was probably confused about what they should do. They either explicitly say the announcement has nothing to do with PM, which would make everyone indifferent towards it (like we are now), or they keep their mouths shut and let people get hyped over something they probably wouldn't have normally been excited about and thus give the company more traffic.

They should've just been like "hey, here's this thing that doesn't really have anything to do with us for the time being, but give them a follow and we promise they'll deliver big things in the future". This would meet the PMDT's patented vagueness requirement without being misleading.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
like it's easy to say that people blew the announcement out of proportion, especially since that's a thing that people often do

but the real question is why there was an announcement in the first place; it's odd - for any industry, not just games - to expect an announcement of something that's not tangible to consumers to end in anything but disappointment

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I know its my fault for being excited, but I just wish they came out with a "bang" rather than a "we exist".

That's all
I can get behind this quote. Granted, I'm following them in hopes that they'll show off whatever "Bang" they have in clarification of this game they've got under the wrap.

BeyondBDS BeyondBDS , well put.
Granted: (Correct me if this was explained) Why the actual-**** was their posting of Strong Badam Strong Badam being filmed for something? Was their a trailer I missed? Might it be something else?
:/

Last edited:

BeyondBDS

Smash Cadet
Some of the biggest problems concerning the hype, at least on the subreddit, weren't fans or even PMDT/Wavedash members. A lot of it came from "friends of the PMDT", promising that the announcement would blow our collective **** off.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
The PR team was probably confused about what they should do. They either explicitly say the announcement has nothing to do with PM, which would make everyone indifferent towards it (like we are now), or they keep their mouths shut and let people get hyped over something they probably wouldn't have normally been excited about and thus give the company more traffic.

They should've just been like "hey, here's this thing that doesn't really have anything to do with us for the time being, but give them a follow and we promise they'll deliver big things in the future". This would meet the PMDT's patented vagueness requirement without being misleading.
Now see, if I was part of the PR team, I'd go all Vince McMahon on it like: "WE GOT AN ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE AND YOU'RE ALL GOING TO LIKE IT DAMMIT"

Then when the people who hyped themselves over reading it start complaining, I'd respond "THE PMDT DIDN'T SCREW YOU. YOU SCREWED YOU."

BeyondBDS

Smash Cadet
Granted: (Correct me if this was explained) Why the actual-**** was their posting of Strong Badam Strong Badam being filmed for something? Was their a trailer I missed? Might it be something else?
Strong Bad actually posted the following in the subreddit. If you're not clicking it, it basically amounts to "stuff changed and you'll see it soon™, but IDK when, sorry".

Would maybe help if that were posted here and in the bigger hype/riot threads in the subreddit, but whatever.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hoping to put out a more fleshed out statement on the subreddit sometime tomorrow, this is all I got today. :x

Sorry y'all got hyped up, we didn't know that it wasn't happening until this afternoon. People are working on something and hopefully y'all will hear/see what we were hoping to unveil sooner rather than later.

I will say that wavedash is not officially affiliated with PM or the PMDT, and at this point in time the involvement of PMDT members with wavedash is fairly minimal. that may change in the future though.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Anything the PMDT touches gets delayed by a day or two.

Haven't you guys learned this yet? We will learn the truth soon enough.

Last edited:

Jacob29

Smash Ace
Gee i'm not sure what's worse.

The people who overhyped nothing, or the people who didn't get hype and then act all smug when "it was obvious guys!!".

spoiler: actually i do know which is more annoying.

D

Deleted member

I never cared about nothing to begin with lmao

(*anything, jesus)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Hoping to put out a more fleshed out statement on the subreddit sometime tomorrow, this is all I got today. :x

Sorry y'all got hyped up, we didn't know that it wasn't happening until this afternoon. People are working on something and hopefully y'all will hear/see what we were hoping to unveil sooner rather than later.

I will say that wavedash is not officially affiliated with PM or the PMDT, and at this point in time the involvement of PMDT members with wavedash is fairly minimal. that may change in the future though.
And I still don't know what the hell wavedash is.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
That's not my point. You guys know that you are affiliated with PM and we all know PM's situation in esports currently. You should probably have used a little more foresight.
Better idea: People understand the fact I'm not just a Twitter puppet for PM and am involved in a ton of projects both inside and out of Smash? Wavedash is working on something exciting for all of Smash. I was at Big House and wasn't able to constantly check Reddit and make sure they weren't out of control making wild assumptions left and right.

Mistakes were made here for sure, but not only by me.

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Talked to some dude for a lil bit two days ago who was playing piano at the venue, it inspired me to start learning some songs after only grinding out scales for a while. First song is gonna be my waifu's theme let's gooooooooooooo

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
My life:

Last week I tried to update my video drivers. Nvidia refused to let me, for no reason. No error code, nothing. I kept trying, managed to try a workaround, and it promptly decided to start. It uninstalled the old drivers, started installing the new, updated ones, then decided to just stop, again for no reason, with no error code, leaving me with no video drivers and only one functioning monitor. Which was locked into the wrong aspect ratio, and would not allow me to fix it. It took me another hour to actually trick the driver installation to occur without the Nvidia software's help, which it apparently is supposed to use, because it would constantly fail. I ended up with drivers installed, but they are again the outdated drivers that are at least two releases behind. I am not going to attempt to upgrade them again for a while.

Aaand then two days later the CMOS battery in my motherboard started dying, making me late for class since the clock on my computer began running slow.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
so the super special announcement was ****ing nothing? why am i not suprised rofl

im finally getting fatal frame 2 after being unable to find it for a good price for like 4 years

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I'd be sad too if I was mango and got rocked that hard by m2k

Top Bottom