• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I've never understood why there are "rules" on texting women, why can't it just be "treat them like a human"? lol.

Maybe I just don't get it because I'm gay but idk it just seems really weird to me.
idk i've never felt like you should treat texting as anything but another type of conversation. just do it w/o any method. when you start thinking about what you're saying or how you say it in such a manner it is no longer genuine. then again my dating life isn't exactly all that stellar so idk. might be unrelated.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
Texting overall is a bad avenue for communication because people are ridiculously lax when it comes to responding back, whether intentionally or not. Women are especially notorious for "sitting" on texts, either because guys don't know how to text and type them garbage, or their phone is already so flooded they legitimate forget to respond back. People have become way to comfortable hiding behind the safety of cellphones (hence why people made up silly texting rules like that "text 2 days later" crap) they forget the reason why they were invented in the first place.

Texting should be for simple stuff that benefits being in writing. Setting up a date, rescheduling an appointment, finding when that paper is due, finding who's bringing what for a party, etc. Short and simple. It may be cute to text your sweet-heart back and forth all day and night, but it's no way for two intelligent adults to be communicating. That Iliad of a message you wrote would be better off shared in a phone call or in person, which will have a much more personal weight to it simply by hearing the person's voice and tone in real time.

Grow some balls and call the girl. I understand no one can answer phone calls all the time, but if a girl you're trying to romance has a problem with you calling her and wants you to text instead, that relationship probably wasn't going to go anywhere anyway.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Also, my food is insanely delicious.
I mean, it drives people mad.
Eating off each others plates like it was a feeding ground before spring mating season in a paradise-bird haven.
stop abusing me
I've never understood why there are "rules" on texting women, why can't it just be "treat them like a human"? lol.

Maybe I just don't get it because I'm gay but idk it just seems really weird to me.
Cause guys want da booty

Unless you arent interested in getting da booty, then they're just regular people

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
DrinkingFood DrinkingFood because he's not a normal character, and melee players are a prime example of Stockholm syndrome, thinking he is okay.
Fox is ********

Also Cuck Fencors.

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
This morning was a weird series of events for me. I went to the gym at 1am (hit a new PR on rows so that was good) was outtie at about 2:48ish, start driving home and stop to pick up some gas I notice when I pull up there are these 5 kids (could tell they were in HS) just chilling on the side and they all had white t-shirts on but I don't pay it too much attention cause they're just children you know? Anyway I go inside to pay for the gas and buy a drink, on the way up the walk way they mad dog me hard but it's w.e go back outside and start pumping gas. That's when all of them roll up to in front of my car and this one skinny white one (guess he was their ring leader or something) says to me "Thanks for filling it up for us, now let us get that car homie." I entertain that they have some balls so I ask casually "Yeah and what are you gonna do about it?" to which he responds "This is Black n White Checkered crew mf, what do you want to do about it?" and he takes a sudden step forward catches me off guard and swings clipping my chin. I back up and he continually persists when I refuse to fight while I just avoid him saying "What's the matter *****?" but really I don't want a charge for hitting a minor, and that's when he tells all his boys to bum rush me and he swings at me again and hits my cheek, so I grab him by the shirt and throw him down on the ground on the right where 2 of his friends were and right as that happened one of them came up behind and hit me hard with the side of a skateboard on my left knee and I stumble to which he and another one try get on top of me but I punch him one in the throat before he can so the other one resorts to kicking me in the ribs and I catch one of his legs and pull it out causing him to trip and he hits his head pretty hard on the concrete. That's when the clerk finally notice I guess saying "What the f are you guys doing, I'm calling the police". Then the skinny white one says "let's get the f out of here" and they dip helping up the one who hit his head run (probably got a concussion) I get up and the clerk asks me if I'm alright and I tell him not to worry and don't bother calling the cops but he asks me about what happened, told me that they've actually been hanging out in the plaza area for a few weeks now and apologizes to me for not noticing sooner.
Not the first time I've been jumped but it certainly was interesting how it played out. Moral of the story is, even if they're minors try to get the upper hand first instead of waiting for it to play out in their favor.

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Texting overall is a bad avenue for communication because people are ridiculously lax when it comes to responding back, whether intentionally or not. Women are especially notorious for "sitting" on texts, either because guys don't know how to text and type them garbage, or their phone is already so flooded they legitimate forget to respond back. People have become way to comfortable hiding behind the safety of cellphones (hence why people made up silly texting rules like that "text 2 days later" crap) they forget the reason why they were invented in the first place.

Texting should be for simple stuff that benefits being in writing. Setting up a date, rescheduling an appointment, finding when that paper is due, finding who's bringing what for a party, etc. Short and simple. It may be cute to text your sweet-heart back and forth all day and night, but it's no way for two intelligent adults to be communicating. That Iliad of a message you wrote would be better off shared in a phone call or in person, which will have a much more personal weight to it simply by hearing the person's voice and tone in real time.

Grow some balls and call the girl. I understand no one can answer phone calls all the time, but if a girl you're trying to romance has a problem with you calling her and wants you to text instead, that relationship probably wasn't going to go anywhere anyway.
Her schedule is FUBAR due to work and school so there's only like 1 or two days of the week where we could call each other asides from like 8pm but I'm even worse over the phone than in real life

But I ran into her on the bus today and got to talk to her in person there for like 4 minutes so theres that

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
Here is what I wrote in forum support. I hope you all can now understand why I now have hope.

Hey guys. It's me. I'm so sorry i put a burden on you your shoulders with my posts and all.

My problems seemed to be grim for me. But in my time of comtiplating suicide, i decided i had enough of this saddening fiasco and did my best to control it.

So i walked to find where my little brother was living. It took a little over the night to find him, but he knew already why i would be at his house. I felt so happy. It felt calming to finally see someone to look after again.

I have felt the worst i have ever felt in this whole year than i have ever in my entire life span, and i never want any of you to experience what i have, but hopefully now maybe i can find a happy end to this year, starting with my brother.

I just wanted to say thank you so much for giving me words to grasp to in my time of need. If it wasn't for you guys i probably have killed myself for certain.

I have found what ive been looking for. And i missed the feeling of it.

Thank you. I owe it to you guys.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Here is what I wrote in forum support. I hope you all can now understand why I now have hope.

Hey guys. It's me. I'm so sorry i put a burden on you your shoulders with my posts and all.

My problems seemed to be grim for me. But in my time of comtiplating suicide, i decided i had enough of this saddening fiasco and did my best to control it.

So i walked to find where my little brother was living. It took a little over the night to find him, but he knew already why i would be at his house. I felt so happy. It felt calming to finally see someone to look after again.

I have felt the worst i have ever felt in this whole year than i have ever in my entire life span, and i never want any of you to experience what i have, but hopefully now maybe i can find a happy end to this year, starting with my brother.

I just wanted to say thank you so much for giving me words to grasp to in my time of need. If it wasn't for you guys i probably have killed myself for certain.

I have found what ive been looking for. And i missed the feeling of it.

Thank you. I owe it to you guys.
<3333333333333 glad things worked out. don't be a stranger.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Her schedule is FUBAR due to work and school so there's only like 1 or two days of the week where we could call each other asides from like 8pm but I'm even worse over the phone than in real life

But I ran into her on the bus today and got to talk to her in person there for like 4 minutes so theres that
So make the call meaningful by asking her out.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
For some reason when PlateProp PlateProp and I try to play Rivals together, it disconnects after about 5-10 seconds of play. No idea why. Never had that problem with anyone else.

That said, if we could play for more than a few seconds, he would totally trash me.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
For some reason when PlateProp PlateProp and I try to play Rivals together, it disconnects after about 5-10 seconds of play. No idea why. Never had that problem with anyone else.

That said, if we could play for more than a few seconds, he would totally trash me.
tfw you're a low tier warrior even in other games

why cant forsburn's smashes work ;-;

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
No, I actually live in a predominantly upper class area even the main streets leading up to my neighborhood are effectively middle class.
So the fact that some chavs/skinheads got uppity was definitely an abnormality then, hrm.

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
i made a post about this on twitter, but

today's meditative reflection: if my breath and the wind feel one and the same, it is what makes me feel one with the earth.

D

Deleted member

I'm never getting laid, but there are very obviously social barriers between men and women. It makes sense to approach talking to women differently than you would a guy, I don't see a problem with this.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I'm never getting laid, but there are very obviously social barriers between men and women. It makes sense to approach talking to women differently than you would a guy, I don't see a problem with this.
One day lunchables

When we have the greatest PM tournament ever with blackjack and hookers

You'll get laid

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at

if youre head over heels for someone, it can get difficult otherwise just be like me

Last edited:

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
I wonder what getting laid would sound like with DFW commentary in the background tho

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
I wonder what getting laid would sound like with DFW commentary in the background tho
the same as watching smash with DFW commentary

Terrible

#roasted

(jk, i dont even watch them so i have no opinion of them :3c )

D

Deleted member

"OOH HE PUT HIS MEME IN HER MEMES!!!"

"AAAAH GETTIN THAT NOSCOPE, LUNCHABLES SMOKIN SOME DANK KUSH"

"NICE JAG"

"MEMES!!!"

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
If you were playing any other character than Falco, you might actually be entitled to feel that way
lol
my sheik is better than my falco
my main is set to falco because I want to main him
but I think falco might legitimately be the hardest top tier to play at high level
everybody knows the laser approach gimmick
and you aren't fast enough to play traditional DD games very well

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
"OOH HE PUT HIS MEME IN HER MEMES!!!"

"AAAAH GETTIN THAT NOSCOPE, LUNCHABLES SMOKIN SOME DANK KUSH"

"NICE JAG"

"MEMES!!!"
"Did you know Lunchables' side D hits harder the longer its out?"

Last edited:

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
lol
my sheik is better than my falco
my main is set to falco because I want to main him
but I think falco might legitimately be the hardest top tier to play at high level
everybody knows the laser approach gimmick
and you aren't fast enough to play traditional DD games very well
that and multishine pressure/tech has become significantly more important/mandatory at a top level for falco than it has for fox. even though there's a lot of benefit/value to multishining with fox in terms of pressure and options, it's the only thing falco can really do to keep up at this point. it's valid, but it requires a whole new level of precision/potential 20xx development.

sheik's on the cusp of metagame development herself, and i'm a bit biased towards pushing more people to play her again, so i'd say if you think your sheik is better, you might be better off in the long run.

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185

literally the best advice on the subject tbh
congrat jolt you got it /confetti

idk i just want to be able to have a conversation without people timing when they text back ??

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
speaking of steam

how do sales work? like, when can I expect Dark Souls 1&2 to go on sale again; is it completely random?

Top Bottom