• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
Bleh, I have mandatory overtime at work tomorrow :c

But, on a plus side, Im thinking of finally setting up PM on Dolphin now that I have my new PC I built :3 Ive seen screenshots of it looking WAY better on PC than WII. :D

Ive done dolphin before, but it was a built meant for NEtplay, so everything was purposly low quality, im guessing. Anyone happen to have some advice of where to start with a PC PM build meant for only 1 player local, looking the best it can? :3

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
debating if i want to replace the song that plays after victory themes with ride the fire just so that I can see people **** their pants when the tv suddenly screams "LET IT OOUUUUUUUUT"

Discuss

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Oh God, Endless Legend is such a huge, huge game.

Seems like Rome: Total War x Fire Emblem x Civilization. I love it :D

Last edited:

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
results from first tourney
-found out I don't know how to play PM
-found how to play too late
-lose in both round 1 winners and losers bracket
-forget how to play toon link, marth and DK all at once
-what's a shffl
-:(

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
results from first tourney
-found out I don't know how to play PM
-found how to play too late
-lose in both round 1 winners and losers bracket
-forget how to play toon link, marth and DK all at once
-what's a shffl
-:(
I was a scrub at my first and second tourneys, I haven't been to another in months yet but I need to get consistent transportation to go to any weekly or monthly ones. I need to learn to drive.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
debating if i want to replace the song that plays after victory themes with ride the fire just so that I can see people **** their pants when the tv suddenly screams "LET IT OOUUUUUUUUT"

Discuss
You should just put this on a stage.

I'd counterpick to it, even if it gave me a disadvantage.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
guys how do i tell the grill at the starbucks across the street that i think she is a qt3.14 and that ilu her and stuff

Vashimus

Smash Master
One of my female co-workers is long-time friends with all my sisters. A couple of my guy co-workers found out about them looking through her Instagram or whatever the **** it was on her phone. Cue endless gushing about how hot they are and pleading me if I could set them up with one of them. I said hell no (not that they would give those ****boys the time of day anyway), figured they were simply joking around, left it at that and dropped it.

Apparently it just made them salty as **** because they copied their numbers from her phone and kept taunting me about it throughout the day. They then started spewing some of the most disgusting and repulsive things you could ever say about anyone's sisters that I won't repeat here, especially towards my younger one who just turned 18. In all my years I have never felt such an intense hate-filled rage built up in me as strongly as it had in that moment. I ****ing exploded and went off on the both of them. They freaked out, pulled the classic "calm the **** down, we were just playing" BS, and then after some more yelling from me to delete their numbers, they finally cut the ****. I was so close to beating someone's ass into life support.

I know my co-workers are knuckleheads who like to **** around way too much, but I never thought they'd actually cross the line like that.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I'm out of my smash slump

All it took was to just stuff out all throught about CPing and forcing myself to just work through bad MUs as diddy, and bam I started having fun again.

Now I just need to learn how to hold a lead and close out Wario/Samus/Peach stocks somehow lol, because those three are my eternal bane. At least vs spacies stocks are over quick. Maybe the solution is to go for the time out?

Also also Found my theme song/combo video song for real this time

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Directly and without bothering with vagueness or BS like hints.
"yo, my names PantsuDestroyer420, i think you're super cute, and if you're cool with it, i'd like to invite you out for lunch sometime to get to know you better"

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Thus, try and make friends first beforehand/avoid the friendzone while at it.
that's basically the opposite of what you said the first time
"Get straight to the point, tell her how you feel"
"Do it slowly, get in good with her first"
mech I feel like most of the time you just regurgitate stuff you've heard elsewhere without putting a lot of thought into it

CORY

wut
BRoomer

Discuss
Do it. Or at least put it somewhere. If it's normal stage music, put in a delay on it so the yell at the song start happens after the announcer yells go : D

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
almost forgot where are my manners
thanks @Softie for the controller, It served me well
and thanks @zman804 for putting up with my dad's interrogation

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
almost forgot where are my manners
thanks @Softie for the controller, It served me well
and thanks @zman804 for putting up with my dad's interrogation
haha you're welcome, Im sad I didn't get to play/hang at all before you left though :(

Hopefully you can make it out to more events and stuff, I swear the bigger ones and ones not in the summer are less out of the way for everyone

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I spent literally all day ****posting and doing an emergency AMA

I've always wanted to use this song in an ICs combo video

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
I kept beating my bro at PM with non-mains and he was getting mad so he challenged me to Soul Calibur 2. I never really learned how to play it (which is primarily why he wanted to play), so I chose Link and figured out some of his moves while getting rekt. Once I figured it out I 5-0'd him then in the next match I spammed quick attacks while he was trying to use stronger attacks at CQ and he got pissed off because I was out prioritizing him in attacks. Like bruh do you even know spacing?!?! Anyways he rage quit and threw his controller at my wii, the controller I bought for him so he could play smash without complaining about unresponsive C-sticks. Now he won't talk to me. D:
The salt is real and it's screwing up my attempts at getting better by fighting real opponents. It seems like everyone I know who plays smash is becoming more alienated every time I improve my skills. It's gotten to the point where my regular opponents openly try to discourage me from playing well or using any sort of AT against them. And I'm not even that good. Does a 3-hit tech chase really warrant swearing? -_-
/rant

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
For real, Joe is probably a better bowser than DB; just in the same way that M2K is a better Mario than almost everybody in this thread

EDIT: Also, can't help noticing how much easier it is to grounded upB to ledge with DK than it is with Bowser. :(
I can't help noticing how DK's upb isn't invincible until frame 3, doesn't really hit in front of him, has CCable hitboxes after the initial frame 3-5 hit, and goes way slower =P

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
guys how do i tell the grill at the starbucks across the street that i think she is a qt3.14 and that ilu her and stuff
You look strong, stand tall, look her in the eyes, and say "Bbygurl. You a stunning succotash."

And don't forget to give her the look while she's planning out what to wear for the first date.

1420061326173.gif

Top Bottom