• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
Today I learned sod refers to a grass+dirt patch and is an actual thing, and not just a British insult slang term

Also lmfao this page with the poop story

Bazkip

Smash Master
I'll design a game then. A squad shooter with 4 classes based on the Avatar:TLA/LoK universe would be amazing for competitive team play. You don't play as the Avatar him/herself but instead as a group of benders from a future version of either the United Republic Military or the Red Lotus who are looking to topple the government. Yes, the organization survived.

The Waterbender is your combat medic, you can heal on the move with a skin pouch that stores your Spirit Oasis water which refills automatically after not being used for a short amount of time. You also have a second skin of water for your combat moves which also needs to be meter managed.

The Earthbender is your support class, can temporarily put up a moveable wall, rocket you up into the air or set quicksand traps that immobilize opponents for a short time. Can sense nearby enemy movement if they are touching the ground. The slowest combat moves but they pack a punch and easily destroy enemy defenses.

The Firebender is your pure assault class, fireball spam for midrange, flamethrower breath for close quarters and lightning strikes are best for far away sniping. Can redirect lightning from the opponent's Firebender no matter where it was fired as long as you jump in its path.

The Airbender is your scout. Extremely fast and agile, can push enemies back, does area of effect damage, has a limited astral projection skill while meditating that leaves you vulnerable and can glide using the traditional staff for a short while. Big drawback is that he/she does the least amount of damage out of any unit.

Not too many specialty bender abilities are available since that would make the units way too powerful and take away their unique niche roles.
This sounds pretty cool, but I disagree with the last sentiment they definitely can be worked in. I'd imagine you'd grow stronger as you progress through the game, so with upgrade paths you could have the Earthbender become a metal or lava bender, the Firebender become a lightning or combustion bender. Bloodbending is trickier cause that legit can be OP, but it could be a super attack that uses a lot/all of the meter.

The speciality abilities are some of the coolest things in the series, it'd be a shame to not have them.

Oh also, levels design should include bodies of water (lakes, rivers, oceans etc.) in parts that Waterbenders can make use of. That'd be super cool.

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
Sometimes i look at the current state of ideologies that come out of academia and wonder why people even bother going to college if all you're going to do is ***** about some canard wage gap that was continually being debunked and proven none existent.

Honestly why even bother with the problems of reminding them of your freedom of speech and reminding them that opinions are just that, opinions, while even the littlest backtalk to their modern feminism's tactics of silence and dissent makes you a harasser and a women hater?

I'm starting to hate because of this. Luckily i don't have that,but i have people that keep screaming that Mark Brown was innocent or something and the riots were, "a way for the people to express their anger." and some bull**** like that.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Hey, this summer for a fun little project I'm going to make a game.

What kind of game should I make?
A squad shooter with 4 classes based on the Avatar:TLA/LoK universe would be amazing for competitive team play. You don't play as the Avatar him/herself but instead as a group of benders from a future version of either the United Republic Military or the Red Lotus who are looking to topple the government. Yes, the organization survived.

The Waterbender is your combat medic, you can heal on the move with a skin pouch that stores your Spirit Oasis water which refills automatically after not being used for a short amount of time. You also have a second skin of water for your combat moves which also needs to be meter managed.

The Earthbender is your support class, can temporarily put up a moveable wall, rocket you up into the air or set quicksand traps that immobilize opponents for a short time. Can sense nearby enemy movement if they are touching the ground. The slowest combat moves but they pack a punch and easily destroy enemy defenses.

The Firebender is your pure assault class, fireball spam for midrange, flamethrower breath for close quarters and lightning strikes are best for far away sniping. Can redirect lightning from the opponent's Firebender no matter where it was fired as long as you jump in its path.

The Airbender is your scout. Extremely fast and agile, can push enemies back, does area of effect damage, has a limited astral projection skill while meditating that leaves you vulnerable and can glide using the traditional staff for a short while. Big drawback is that he/she does the least amount of damage out of any unit.

Not too many specialty bender abilities are available since that would make the units way too powerful and take away their unique niche roles.
Now if you really want this game to succeed, don't forget to add DLC for each type of bender.
Bloodbending, Metalbending, Lightningbending, and Literal airbending.

Bloodbending will allow for temporary control of enemy units and would be most optimal at breaking their formation, or removing their DPS quickly.

Metalbending will allow players to access paths not regularly avaliable.

Lightningbending will have much higher dps but can hit friendly units so aim well.

Literal airbending can Ohko enemies if given the time to preform it. Great for those last minute runners

Each only priced at five dollars!
Only players who have paid for it have access to it and they can be matched up against people that don't have it.

:^)

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
British snacks are the best. We can now buy mixups from the store.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I really wanna grind my macro skills, but I also want to make a game about spheres shooting fire spheres at each other.

Ugh, I have to bop my rival in Melee to show him he is the worst of the garbage highschoolers, my work never e- WHAT I LEARNED TODAY IN DRIVING SCHOOL

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Hax won't even play Captain Falco, what a sellout.

NW_Gump

Smash Apprentice
After messing around with pikachu for a while, I don't really know why anyone would play this character over any other character? What does he have that makes people main pikachu, because outside of quick attack he's pretty much just what you'd expect.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
I play Pika for Nair and Uair.
His edgeguards and combos on spacies are also extraordinarily free.

His speed is also a nice fit for me.

My only qualm is that he isn't super stylish.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
After messing around with pikachu for a while, I don't really know why anyone would play this character over any other character? What does he have that makes people main pikachu, because outside of quick attack he's pretty much just what you'd expect.
I don't think everyone mains characters solely based on how powerful they are though. Some people may play Pikachu just because they like the character itself.

Heck, Luffy chose Rose as his SF4 main because of her looks.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
I don't have a reddit so I'll ask my question here.

Who is your most / least favorite person in PMS.
Don't dodge this question.
Most favorite person: @ Jolteon Jolteon . If he doesn't have anything nice to say, he doesn't say anything at all.
Least favorite person: You, for asking this and not letting me dodge >=[

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I already knew he'd probably answer that way as to avoid hurting anyone's feelings aside from the person that put him on the spot.

This hate fuels me.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
to be fair, of the three people that I can think of who've made it clear that they ignored me, two of them are people whom I've said some pretty insulting things to in the past (though I'm fairly certain that one of them has a persecution complex)
Nah ignoring someone is the biggest act of arrogance and disrespect

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
There's a level of annoyance that I reach when people think they can use almost all of my $7 conditioner and think they aren't gonna buy me a new one.

Ningildo

Smash Journeyman
mfw when you finally set up the stream decently, but your PM players can't/don't show
Nise#1.png

Top Bottom