• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Nephew: "Ohhh! I love Mario!"

Me: "What about Luigi?"

N: "I don't like Luigi."

Me: "Why?"

N "He just...always loses."

MLGF

Smash Lord
Lol when I visit my family on the ct/Rhode Island rivet border (I think it's the Pawtucket? Idk it's been a few years) I'll know what to expect if I go to an event :p
Hey man, I run some decent events lmao, don't take this crapshoot as the norm. It's really not.

But this tournament is the impression we'll leave on people who come to CT, ugh

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
An understatement, if I ever saw one. For instance, this bad boy... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicxulub_crater 6 miles wide. It what wiped out most of the dinosaurs, and that's small in size compared to other hazards from space. ...Think about that for a moment.

Basically, life as you and everyone else knows has existed for as long as it has because probability has spared Earth, and by proxy, us, a quick/thorough scouring from the stars via natural disasters in a nearly-barren cosmos.
I'm pretty sure the above counts as creepy. Sorry if it bothers any of you, I don't mean to frighten anyone.
That sort of creepy sense of perspective is what a lot of cosmic horror stories and Lovecraftian tales are based off of. Humans are tiny, insignificant, and weak in comparison to the greater universe, and actually realizing this to such it's full extent drives people nuts. If you've played Bloodborne..well, let's just say there's a reason why there's a stat called "Insight". Get it up a bit. See what you can see. Definitely one of the better Lovecraft-inspired games I've played. It just masquerades as a Victorian Gothic tale at first.

Went to a party. Met a guy. We had a ton of shared interests and got along at first, but he was also a complete and utter asshole. We went back and forth for a bit before I decided it was a waste of time, but for real? I don't get the "be a jerk to someone in order to be friends" attitude. Shame he was hot.

Also, I hear Westballz went nuts or something?

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
He's a casul for not refusing to dwell on all that nihilistic crap and then enjoying things as they are in spite of it. kek
I don't get the "be a jerk to someone in order to be friends" attitude.
Yeah, no.
That's not how you make acquaintances, that's how you make adversaries.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
But that baby is part of you. YOU are part of the genetic makeup of that child. That child will then carry on your name and bloodline to future generations. When my child becomes God Emperor of Mankind, the scholars will look back and say "A seed this strong could only have come from such a grand specimen."
That is so scifi. Admit it guys, we are the alien invaders.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
pmdt small suggestion, i know ya'll working on getting 3.6 out to the masses...but would it be possible to show a bit more involvement/support for the community? especially now during this downtime? ...maybe shouting out recent tourney winners on twitter or showing love to fanmade content like that awesome "True Blue" combo vid.
i understand you guys wish to be seen as just a development team but i don't see how getting a bit more involved with the scene would hurt PM's progress. Anyways hope u guys consider and keep up the good work.

*This message was brought to you by the "is Project M dying?" organization
We could write for Smashboards.

Helsong

Smash Ace
Just read through @Odds_ AMA on the PM subreddit. Really damn good. Went in depth on a bunch of stuff and I learned a ton about Bowser. Seriously great. I'll need to check out the PMDepot channel sometime.

Definitely looking forward to the next one. Good stuff @ steelguttey steelguttey these were your idea, right?

steelguttey

mei is bei
thanks!

on a similar note, next week is falcon week and thats gonna have way to many questions. do you realize how many ****ing posts there are on that sub PER WEEK about how this character beats this one?

edit: help me pls

Last edited:

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
Now my parents are talking me to the zoo, which is an institution full of weird scifi horror ****.
Shoutouts to male sea slugs for reproducing via sword-fighting other males with their penises. The loser is then forced to become female and give birth to the victor's gross slug babies.

Also, shoutouts to the strangely enthusiastic zoo employee who told me this.

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Shoutouts to male sea slugs for reproducing via sword-fighting other males with their penises. The loser is then forced to become female and give birth to the victor's gross slug babies.

Also, shoutouts to the strangely enthusiastic zoo employee who told me this.
This is how grand finals at majors should pay out.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Ok Kirby is disgusting. I've only been playing him for a little bit now, like only a few days, and he seems to already be on par with my Tink (not that I'm good in the first place, but I also don't feel like I'm doing absolutely horrid any more either, but still bad lol). Either the character just clicks with me, way better then Tink did, is just easy to play as on a base level, is just so unorthodoxed to play against that it makes him hard for the opponent to get a grasp on, or some combination of them. Whichever way he is definitely making me think about switching mains and I thought that wouldn't happened until the next big patch and Tink got changed in a way I didn't like to where he didn't feel good to play anymore.

Also yesterday at a Smasfest, which only had 3 other people besides myself there, San Antonio PM scene is sad at times, and I was given the chance to play some Splatoon and I def see why the game is so popular. If I had something other then satellite internet I would get the game myself but alas I do not and I don't think the game would be worth it without online.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Guys, The Big N's E3 lineup just leaked. If something looks at bit scrambled just refresh the page.
http://tane.us/nintendo/

3d1t: I'm in limbo. All my stuff is in my room but my tweeny brother spends all his time in their blasting dubbed bleach. halp.
Further edit: It's ****ing terrible, he uses my 10 y/o brothers room as his personal ****ty 4kids dub studio. He has no ****ing decency even for someone his age. My uncle spends his time working with one wall away (note, there's a small sliding door, which make certain he doesn't get a break from it). And it's never anything enjoyable, it's always Naruto or bleach filler. Goddamnit, if you're going to watch something why can't you let Trey(littlest bro) watch Baccano or Death Parade? I could stand that. Hell, read a ****ing book yo. Take some online history courses, maybe figure out how a gyroscope works under the law of precession....jeezus yo.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Guys, The Big N's E3 lineup just leaked. If something looks at bit scrambled just refresh the page.
http://tane.us/nintendo/

3d1t: I'm in limbo. All my stuff is in my room but my tweeny brother spends all his time in their blasting dubbed bleach. halp.
Further edit: It's ****ing terrible, he uses my 10 y/o brothers room as his personal ****ty 4kids dub studio. He has no ****ing decency even for someone his age. My uncle spends his time working one with one wall away (note, there's a small sliding door, which make certain he doesn't get a break from it). And it's never anything enjoyable, it's always Naruto or bleach filler. Goddamnit, if you're going to watch something why can't you let Trey(littlest bro) watch Baccano or Death Parade? I could stand that. Hell, read a ****ing book yo. Take some online history courses, maybe figure out how a gyroscope works under the law of precession....jeezus yo.
Okay you got me with the Nintendo thing.

Tell your brother to watch some real anime like Himegoto.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Is this salt I'm sensing?

also the dog ended up as Nappe as opposed to Kappa. A shame.
Nah, just curiosity.

As for the dog, just teach him to only answer to Kappa. Sooner or later everyone else will have to accept it.

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
I'm actually glad I'm circumcised because I know that I'd be too lazy to clean the inside of my dong every day.

Sir Bubbles

Smash Journeyman
Can we stop talking about whether we have foreskin or not and talk about what's actually important in life?

Such as buffing Squirtle and making him as good as he was in 3.0?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
On the topic of squirtle, rip cloud burst.

May you fthrow footstool people in the afterlife

Top Bottom