• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Vashimus

Smash Master
Dark Souls II had bigger problems going on than just the graphical downgrade from pre-release footage. I wasn't even aware of it initially since I like going into those games completely blind.

Indifferent right now. I wouldn't want FromSoft to start shurning out sequels non-stop like Ass Creed.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
You lost a crazy. Your life got a net gain there.
My fiancee spouts similar things, like I'm an angel and a blessing from Heaven, due to her religious beliefs. I don't mind it so much. If I had a God to believe in, I'd probably say similar things about her; however, I don't, and she respects that. She knows how deep my love runs for her, with or without divine ordination or whatever.

I'm just glad that, at the end of the day, she's still very much a rational human being even around that pious core of hers.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
Dark Souls II had bigger problems going on than just the graphical downgrade from pre-release footage. I wasn't even aware of it initially since I like going into those games completely blind.

Indifferent right now. I wouldn't want FromSoft to start shurning out sequels non-stop like *** Creed.
DkS2 definitely had issues, but i still enjoyed myself. Honestly, the DLC expansions give me hope that they'll stick with vertically-designed areas instead of super linear ones. At the very least, it'll be a good game, I think. I trust From not to put out **** games, but..who knows?

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
miyazaki is back as the director and bloodborne was fantastic, so i'm pretty confident DaS3 will be great

i'm really curious how the story/lore will play out without being a retread of DaS2's..

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
This weeks Jojojo-jo Jo-jojo episode was hype as **** AHHH!

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
The more I desire another futuristic racing game, the more I realise that what I truly want isn't akin to the arcady & breakneck feeling of the F-Zero franchise nor the somewhat technical Wipeout games (please note that I have only Wipeout HD / Fury, therefore I certainly do not fully understand how describe Wipeout's "racy" feelings) , but more along the lines of Fatal Inertia EX, aka "fun with physics" the tech demo racing game.

Helsong

Smash Ace
I mean, once you plunge into F-Zero GX's depths, there's a ton of physics ATs and super demanding tech. It's honestly a very unexplored game, and there's so much about the engine we just don't get right now. Honestly, I think I'd just like F-Zero GX but with more machines, more custom parts, and more tracks, with updated graphics. The only physics thing I'd fix is MT. Mostly because...why the hell does holding down the accelerator make you lose speed faster after a boost?

I never did quite get into Wipeout, but I actually never played Fatal Inertia. How does it compare in terms of physics?

Last edited:

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
I think this text from a review explains a bit what I am talking about :
"Part of Fatal Inertia EX's appeal lies in the way it handles physics. As I mentioned before, you never really feel like the craft are bolted to the ground in any way, and much of this comes from the fact that pitch constantly comes into play. Nudging the nose of the craft up has a pretty pronounced effect, and when participating in some of the speedier Velocity races (where you are given a near-constant stream of power-ups that are used as speed boosts), it's possible to get a sense that you're actually flying rather than gliding. During the Magnet Mayhem races (where you actually are given a constant stream of magnets that you can fire in front or behind you), if you manage to get enough mags clamped onto one side of your ship, you'll actually feel the craft listing in that direction. "
( Link to review )

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
Ah, very interesting. The review gave me a decent idea of what kind of game it is, I'll have to check it out sometime. Definitely seems like there's a lot of physics tricks you can do in the game, although I was never a fan of powerups in my more techy racing games. I'll give it a whirl, though I fear that playing GX for close to a decade has colored the way I look at racing games a bit too much.

Helsong

Smash Ace
If anyone wants to see GX pushed to its limits:
https://www.youtube.com/user/CrazyGameNerd
This guy is numerous world record holder and plays to this day.
It's super deep. Just as, if not more than, Melee.
CGN is a monster and I love watching him. I don't enjoy snaking that much, to be honest. Non-snaking runs tend to employ a wider variety of tech and usually look more...elegant? Not that Snaking is by any means easy-it's hell on your hands, and is still quite technical.

Seriously, I wish I had even half the tech level as CGN.

Oh, and on that note..I unlocked the Fat Shark! Ch. 4 wasn't too bad, actually. Initial thoughts: starting an MTS is harder compared to the Black Bull, since it's not as slidey. When you can get one started though, it's super good. Cornering is fantastically horrible, meaning I'll need to get really god at micro QTs. I can see why this is favored among more technical players, it's got everything it needs to take advantage of the physics engine quirks.

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
I also agree that I do prefer my racing games with the least amout of weapons possible, although I somewhat enjoyed Fatal Inertia's arsenal (Magnets who can sway your ship depending on where they might be placed, rockets that can be either used as a rather straightforward booster or place upon an opponent only to have them violently swing everywhere, etc. etc.). There might some moments where you will eventually receive everyone's load, but, fortunately, it doesn't truly reach Mario Kart's level of item chaos.

I guess my gripes with F-Zero / Wipeout is that (aside from the ATs in GX and the sections of the tracks where you are dropping / jumping), the vehicles were mostly anchored on the tracks, you weren't able to control the attitude of the machines while on the surface.

Edit : While we're still on that topic, where's my Jet Moto sequel, Sony?

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Cause god bless the shine.

Also i never played Dark Souls or Demon Souls yet its on of those dark gaming sins that i have along with some other ones.

Bleck

Smash Master
Dark Souls 2 was less good than Dark Souls 1 and is still one of the greatest games ever made

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I played Dark Souls once.
Emphasis on once. I am bad.

D

Deleted member

I played Dark Souls for fifteen minutes, and it put me to sleep.

Great game.

Helsong

Smash Ace
I've never seen F-Zero gameplay before, is it always that fast?
At top level, yes. You gotta get damn good to go this fast, though. CGN is one of the best.
Normally, gameplay is a bit slower, but GX is a pretty fast game even at low level. It's got a bit of a steep curve though, since you have to have good control over your machine to do anything. It's a bit tough to get into at first due to difficulty, but once you've got the basic controls down, the game is a blast, and only gets better and better the more you delve into it.

Sonic is jealous of F-Zero.

Last edited:

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
Ayyo social thread.
I've just recieved an invitation to a
"Foam sword party"
From a guy in my gym class.

Seeking guidance. Badly.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Don't listen to these losers, bring a foam lance. They beat swords in the foam weapon triangle.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Ayyo social thread.
I've just recieved an invitation to a
"Foam sword party"
From a guy in my gym class.

Seeking guidance. Badly.
Bring a foam katana
Come dressed in all black
Bring black sunglasses
And a black fedora
Make sure to say "Nothin Personnel, Kid" after each fight you win.

D

Deleted member

Bring a Nerf foam sword and show those losers who really wears the pants in this house.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
One word was missing and a couple letters in another word. That's all.

I actually wouldn't have known that you made this post if not for Mech since I never see anything you say.
Woah woah woah, what the heck man?

We shared a special bond for loving Golden Corral, we even get a similar plate of food choices. With our macaroni being positioned in a similar fashion as to help retain heat with the steak.

If people are crazy enough to ignore lovable Bleck, I guess no ones safe

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
Foam sword wars are great. A friend of mine who makes foam weapons hosts them every Sunday in the summer, it's a lot of fun.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
$5 per hour per person.
We will travel up to 30 miles from Tacoma free of charge. Reasonable mileage rates are available for additional travel.
I could afford a foam sword party from them if I wanted lmao.

Last edited:
Top Bottom