• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

NW_Gump

Smash Apprentice
Damn Mewtwo SH bair into float or even just wavelanding out of it is hella good. Also i figured out how to do SH float Dairs with the default control scheme.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Warning Received
Cast? No, it's a pretty mild strain (I used the wrong word before, my b). I basically can't do strenuous exercises involving my knee for a few weeks, which sucks, but I guess I'll deal... I just hate losing progress on my squats ;_;

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
It's not that, it's that the mods have told him repeatedly to stop posting so many memes.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Giving warnings in a social thread doesn't make any sense tho. And if you're going to go after one's reply, might as well go after everyone's, like @Vashimus cockroach gif, @Old Man Grey telling every one to stay strong, @Me for the gifs I posted before and that frog/Toon Link mix and so on.

I'm also pretty sure you, @ Shadic Shadic , @Strong Bad and other mods also posted here things that could be considered as "spam", yet no warnings there either.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
My white knight almost came out.

Moderator discretion is the only thing I can say without sounding biased.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
oh no, whatever will you do now that you can't substitute any originality or creativity in your bones with images blatantly taken from 4chan

Last edited:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Giving warnings in a social thread doesn't make any sense tho. And if you're going to go after one's reply, might as well go after everyone's, like @Vashimus cockroach gif, @Old Man Grey telling every one to stay strong, @Me for the gifs I posted before and that frog/Toon Link mix and so on.

I'm also pretty sure you, @ Shadic Shadic , @Strong Bad and other mods also posted here things that could be considered as "spam", yet no warnings there either.
There's the occasional low-effort post, and then there's somebody like Mech who posts barely-relevant pictures more often than not.

Bleck

Smash Master
posts a picture of captain falcon in a thread on a smash forum

"barely relevant"

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
You guys are blockheads for complaining about a warning that wasn't even aimed at any of you.
Stop complaining, kek

Last edited:

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
I'm reading a thread on why they just banned Landorus Incarnate (that's the name of the genie form aparently) and I just found this gem from the suspect thread:

I think this is a very obvious no ban. I won't make sweeping assumptions[...] but I believe Lando-I can be seen as strictly the be seen as the best late game sweeper, a complete S-rank pokemon--but that doesn't necessarily mean it has to be banned.
Landorus-I was Fox but he got banned, come on Melee/PM step up your game

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I'm reading a thread on why they just banned Landorus Incarnate (that's the name of the genie form aparently) and I just found this gem from the suspect thread:

Fox is dumb but there are lots of dumb characters in Smash, why fixate?

Be more like Umbreon and sew your salt across all the lands.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486

Smogon rules are trash

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
Smogon rules are trash
I don't follow it much, but why is that so? I don't know of any suspect rules, and banning stuff comes from the input of community members who have proven themselves capable in the ladder or whatever they use to keep track of rank, so it's not like completely uninformed people are in charge of banning

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I don't follow it much, but why is that so? I don't know of any suspect rules, and banning stuff comes from the input of community members who have proven themselves capable in the ladder or whatever they use to keep track of rank, so it's not like completely uninformed people are in charge of banning
Are you saying that you want M2K in charge of what should and shouldn't be banned in every smash game that exists?

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Because their rules literally do not matter, Nintendo doesnt follow them at all so in the end they're just shooting themselves in the foot if they try to do any VGC stuff.

That and the stupidity of the most of them. Cant have swift swim and drizzle on the same team. Cant use moves that boost evasion. Cant put more than ONE POKEMON to sleep at a time. It's just dumb

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
The points are worth it.
It's not that I don't appreciate the moderating team--I do, and all of you for offering me plenty of smiles. That's why I come to PMS. My intention is never to troll or flame such people.
However, the policy taken against MechWarriorNY's utterly victimless 'crime' is childish, not consistently enforced, and lacks good humor.

Edit: Oh, and it's Friday, isn't it?

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Because their rules literally do not matter, Nintendo doesnt follow them at all so in the end they're just shooting themselves in the foot if they try to do any VGC stuff.

That and the stupidity of the most of them. Cant have swift swim and drizzle on the same team. Cant use moves that boost evasion. Cant put more than ONE POKEMON to sleep at a time. It's just dumb
You know those rules are to keep non-competitive stuff far from the game right? All those are just based on pure luck.

It's the same in Smash with items off, only that it's obviously more complicated than a simple switch in a game like Pokémon.

Last edited:

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
I wasn't aware of swift swim and drizzle (though that may be an old rule back from perma-rain) but the Evasion and Sleep clauses make sure that it's not up to RNG or inability to act whether or not one wins a match. Kinda hard to lose when the entire enemy team is asleep or their most accurate worthwhile moves have only 20% chance to hit you since never-miss moves are on the weak side

If you like degenerate play could try Smogon's Anything Goes Tier, where every team has Mega Rayquaza and the only rule is that battles cannot last forever.

The reason for these rules is for skill to actually matter in competitive play, and what Nintendo thinks of them does not matter since Smogon is a separate entity running its own ruleset.

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
Considering it's by vote of a rather large number of good players rather than just the tippy top players you're not answering my question
the major difference between pokemon and smash brothers in regards to banning is that it's a strategy game instead of a fighting game. The bans in a strategy game where stats are entirely relevant and RNG is completely busted overall are bound to be more common than in fighting games where you can actually overcome differences via skill.

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
the major difference between pokemon and smash brothers in regards to banning is that it's a strategy game instead of a fighting game. The bans in a strategy game where stats are entirely relevant and RNG is completely busted overall are bound to be more common than in fighting games where you can actually overcome differences via skill.
I'm aware of the differences. What, did you think I was serious about banning Fox?

Top Bottom