• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Having Japanese in my username makes procrastinating logging in on other computers stupid. I always have to copy and paste it from Google instead of just typing it. Not using other computers is the best strategy anyway.
You can login using your email you know

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Protoss deathball is bad design, straight up.
I've been reading TeamLiquid. They tell me things that I like to hear.
Just play Terran. If they build greedy they have no detection and you put the widow mines in range of their workers.
TvZ is the best designed MU anyway, so you can have more fun.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
You know those rules are to keep non-competitive stuff far from the game right? All those are just based on pure luck.

It's the same in Smash with items off, only that it's obviously more complicated than a simple switch in a game like Pokémon.

I wasn't aware of swift swim and drizzle (though that may be an old rule back from perma-rain) but the Evasion and Sleep clauses make sure that it's not up to RNG or inability to act whether or not one wins a match. Kinda hard to lose when the entire enemy team is asleep or their most accurate worthwhile moves have only 20% chance to hit you since never-miss moves are on the weak side

If you like degenerate play could try Smogon's Anything Goes Tier, where every team has Mega Rayquaza and the only rule is that battles cannot last forever.

The reason for these rules is for skill to actually matter in competitive play, and what Nintendo thinks of them does not matter since Smogon is a separate entity running its own ruleset.
In a game where most every hits are OHKOs, I dont see how putting many pokemon to sleep should be a problem. You have two turns of sleep guaranteed, after that it's luck, but you know we still have critical hits in the game so why should it matter? It's just cutting an entire strategic aspect out of the game just because it doesnt O/2HKO the opponent. As for evasion there are several moves that always hit no matter what, point is moot there

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Because their rules literally do not matter, Nintendo doesnt follow them at all so in the end they're just shooting themselves in the foot if they try to do any VGC stuff
You could literally say the same thing about Smash events that don't run Nintendo rules.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You know, I thought the only thing more hurtful than a rejection after a heartfelt confession would be a rejection that you already pretty much new was gonna happen and being right about it.

Turns out, what hurts a lot more is being rejected while knowing it was gonna happen and the reason behind said rejection is "God told me that there's already a particular someone I haven't met yet who is for me and it's not you so I can't be with you because God said so".

So apparently "God" said I'm not good enough. Great. Stuff like this is probably why I ditched religion a long time ago. Oh well. More power to anything who still follows theirs, though. That's their right.

...And people wonder why we never "just go out already"...It probably won't be much longer before the "particular person" shows up and there goes our current close relationship. Once an ex, always an ex, I guess.

-sigh- ...Oh well.At least she was still kind and considerate about it and our friendship isn't over yet. I'd hate to lose that over this considering how much fun we have.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
You know, I thought the only thing more hurtful than a rejection after a heartfelt confession would be a rejection that you already pretty much new was gonna happen and being right about it.

Turns out, what hurts a lot more is being rejected while knowing it was gonna happen and the reason behind said rejection is "God told me that there's already a particular someone I haven't met yet who is for me and it's not you so I can't be with you because God said so".

So apparently "God" said I'm not good enough. Great. Stuff like this is probably why I ditched religion a long time ago. Oh well. More power to anything who still follows theirs, though. That's their right.

...And people why we never "just go out already"...It probably won't be much longer before the "particular person" shows up and the goes our current close relationship. Once an ex, always an ex, I guess.

-sigh- ...Oh well.At least she was still kind and considerate about it and our friendship isn't over yet. I'd hate to lose that over this considering how much fun we have.
Maybe you're better off breaking ties now so that when it happens you can start the getting over process or something

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard

...And people why we never "just go out already"...It probably won't be much longer before the "particular person" shows up and the goes our current close relationship. Once an ex, always an ex, I guess.

Dang, Kaye.
Why ask? You risk much, and, by your own knowledge, have little chance to gain.
I feel with you, though.
After so many years of holding something similar in, I finally confessed to someone who'd moved far away. It was clear there was no chance for romance between us at that point, rather, it felt like a great weight off my chest, and we maintain our friendship. I hope you'd have such peace and friendship.
The reason you were given is heavier than anything I've experienced. It sucks beyond compare. Perhaps she truly believes it. Perhaps it's her excuse to not do something she doesn't want to. But to resent the thing she uses to distance herself from you is, forgive me, silly. If she's wrong, then it's like disliking hammers because someone used one to hurt you. On the other hand, if she's right (that is, if God exists AND she truly was divinely inspired to reject you), then there's no justification to stand against it.

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
So I just made a new General Smash page for Norcal. My frienemy then sent me multiple ****** messages saying that I was a Smash nazi and had no business making this page in light of the former group (which was basically him attempting to eliminate smash in favor of input fighters to be played tournament style with broken brackets in a high school choir room.) If you lke PM, 64, Brawl, Rivals of Aether, SD Remix, 20XX, Melee or just Smash-esque games in general, come on and make a local NorCal event for your game! #MonadoBoyz are waiting for ya to drop on by and get that #MemberStatus!!!!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/492281584258380/?pnref=story

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
What the actual hell? That is so dumb. Especially because you guys were already cuddling and stuff.
Maybe you're better off breaking ties now so that when it happens you can start the getting over process or something
Guys, this is still my closest friend we're talking about. It's not like she crushed me and laughed maniacally or anything.

Or did this. (Although I actually like this song. lol)

The whole thing came about because she genuinely asked if I was bothered by the fact that we're friends despite having been a couple before and how I felt now. Plus, she was worried that I felt like she was taking advantage of me and how I felt and was leading me on. I gave her a lengthy explanation, let her know that our beings friends isn't what bothers me at all since I enjoy that friendship, and after telling her everything else, did try to ask her out again. She knew I was going to and I knew she was going to say no, but I did it anyway. Was irritated was that she didn't say "No", but "I can't". I even asked her "do you mean that you don't want to or that you just can't?" and it was still "I can't". She didn't want for us to be together for awhile and then suddenly drop me the moment the "promised one" came about. That's her thinking, anyways. I don't get it, but I can't change her mind. Knowing her for 10 years has made me sure of that.

It's my own fault that I'm hurting over it. I already had an idea of how things would go and yet I still care for her. I have no one to blame but myself for feeling let down. Plain and simple. It's not like I think she owes me anything. I chose to be close friends with her when she asked, so that's how it is. No one lead anyone on.

This just means that things will go as I already planned. I'll be the close guy friend she wants and honestly needs until the one sh's meant to be with comes around and then I'll just leave. Whether I want to or not and regardless if she doesn't want me to, which I already know she doesn't.

I love her as a friend, more and just as a generally good person and all, but I think that's probably my limit. If I stayed around, I'd probably try to kill that other guy out of lament and envy and I don't think she could talk me out of it like she has before in other cases of me almost doing that.

You lost a crazy. Your life got a net gain there.
One of us is undoubtedly crazy and I'm pretty sure it's not her. lol

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
So I just made a new General Smash page for Norcal. My frienemy then sent me multiple ****** messages saying that I was a Smash nazi and had no business making this page in light of the former group (which was basically him attempting to eliminate smash in favor of input fighters to be played tournament style with broken brackets in a high school choir room.) If you lke PM, 64, Brawl, Rivals of Aether, SD Remix, 20XX, Melee or just Smash-esque games in general, come on and make a local NorCal event for your game! #MonadoBoyz are waiting for ya to drop on by and get that #MemberStatus!!!!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/492281584258380/?pnref=story
Awesome initiative! You're past the influence of your frienemy, and I hope you make this a smashing success.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
In other unrelated news, I did that second KH2FM Critical Mode run with the Shield/Shield options I said I was gonna do and played it straight through yesterday.

Cleared the game in 18 hours. A new record for me, but still pretty slow considering I stopped to do things like building a Gummi Ship with no center and extra worlds and stuff.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
@ Jaedrik Jaedrik , this frienemy of mine has really been rustling my jimmies. So, I made the group as something of a potential planning page for Norcal, and he immediately goes off about "I know your trying to gain status here but this is a real ****** thing to do" and "You are such a smash nazi, trying to take my training friends away from me into your stupid group.".

FIRST OFF: These are my friends as well and as far as it's gone so far they have no knowledge of the games you choose to prioritize at these tournaments. Nor do they actively seek events for these games.
SECOND: Don't you go using them as training dummies, they are as much my friends as yours. I don't care how long I've known them compared to you, I'm going to make pages that allow them to invest time into learning a game at their wanted pace and accessibility.
THIRD: This group is for all of Norcal as it is. This isn't just for a few High Schoolers to be cramped playing Blazblue in a choir room. Anyone is free to make an event as long as it's within/relates to this groups specialty (Smash).
FOURTH: THIS ISN'T JUST FOR PM, MELEE, OR SMASH 4. This is for the likes of Smash 64, Rivals of Aether, Brawl, SD Remix, 20XX, or other potential games of Smash-esque commonality as well.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Guys, this is still my closest friend we're talking about. It's not like she crushed me and laughed maniacally or anything.

Or did this. (Although I actually like this song. lol)

The whole thing came about because she genuinely asked if I was bothered by the fact that we're friends despite having been a couple before and how I felt now. Plus, she was worried that I felt like she was taking advantage of me and how I felt and was leading me on. I gave her a lengthy explanation, let her know that our beings friends isn't what bothers me at all since I enjoy that friendship, and after telling her everything else, did try to ask her out again. She knew I was going to and I knew she was going to say no, but I did it anyway. Was irritated was that she didn't say "No", but "I can't". I even asked her "do you mean that you don't want to or that you just can't?" and it was still "I can't". She didn't want for us to be together for awhile and then suddenly drop me the moment the "promised one" came about. That's her thinking, anyways. I don't get it, but I can't change her mind. Knowing her for 10 years has made me sure of that.

It's my own fault that I'm hurting over it. I already had an idea of how things would go and yet I still care for her. I have no one to blame but myself for feeling let down. Plain and simple. It's not like I think she owes me anything. I chose to be close friends with her when she asked, so that's how it is. No one lead anyone on.

This just means that things will go as I already planned. I'll be the close guy friend she wants and honestly needs until the one sh's meant to be with comes around and then I'll just leave. Whether I want to or not and regardless if she doesn't want me to, which I already know she doesn't.

I love her as a friend, more and just as a generally good person and all, but I think that's probably my limit. If I stayed around, I'd probably try to kill that other guy out of lament and envy and I don't think she could talk me out of it like she has before in other cases of me almost doing that.

One of us is undoubtedly crazy and I'm pretty sure it's not her. lol
It's not worth it Kaye.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
You're missing words or something, no comprende

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
@ SpiderMad SpiderMad tl;dr: She was already spoken for and didn't tell him.
...Which is pretty despicable, all things considering.

Last edited:

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
I just woke up from a nap. Before falling asleep I put on this playlist of essential 90s house music, and so I fell asleep listening to it and listened to it as I slept. In my dream I was DJing the music, and it was pretty crazy. I don't know how to describe it but it was rad.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You're missing words or something, no comprende
One word was missing and a couple letters in another word. That's all.

I actually wouldn't have known that you made this post if not for Mech since I never see anything you say.

@ SpiderMad SpiderMad tl;dr: She was already spoken for and didn't tell him.
...Which is pretty despicable, all things considering.
You can't really call it "being spoken for" when the other party in question doesn't even exist yet as far as we both know. Well, as far as I know. She's convinced.

@ Kaye Cruiser Kaye Cruiser you might be trapped in a rom com, you need to get her to realize you were actually Mr. Perfect all along.
Quickly, get to a Greek city so you can begin searching the entirety of it for Mrs. Right as she recognizes how perfect you are.
These both got me to chuckle. Now I need to flex my knuckles.

D

Deleted member

...And people wonder why we never "just go out already"...It probably won't be much longer before the "particular person" shows up and there goes our current close relationship. Once an ex, always an ex, I guess.

The whole post reminded me of this song a bit.

I just woke up from a nap. Before falling asleep I put on this playlist of essential 90s house music, and so I fell asleep listening to it and listened to it as I slept. In my dream I was DJing the music, and it was pretty crazy. I don't know how to describe it but it was rad.
I actually took a nap after coming home early after my final day of school. I dreamed that I was in an advanced society of people, and the environment around me was like Jetsons esque.

Anyways, I turned on my television, and I saw @Strong Bad giving a presidential speech. After he was done talking about the future of America and our local scene, a reporter asked him a question. "When is PM 3.6 coming out?" He grew silent and walked off of the stage. In my dream, for some reason still on the TV, it cut to a third person view of Strong Bad walking down to a cellar, taking a seat at a round table, and five men coming from the shadows. All of these men, happened to be members of ISIS. One of the men began speaking, and subtitles appeared at the bottom of the TV, but it was all jumbled up and unreadable. Strong Bad began sweating heavily, and he said that he had no idea the whereabouts of PM 3.6 and when it was ever going to be released. Moments after, one of the men pulled out a .45 and shot at Strong Bad, but the TV cut to static before the bullet reached him. I woke up.

wtf

Last edited by a moderator:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium

I actually took a nap after coming home early after my final day of school. I dreamed that I was in an advanced society of people, and the environment around me was like Jetsons esque.

Anyways, I turned on my television, and I see @Strong Bad giving a presidential speech. After he was done talking about the future of America and our local scene, a reporter asked him a question. "When is PM 3.6 coming out?" He grew silent and walked off of the stage. In my dream, for some reason still on the TV, it cut to a third person view of Strong Bad walking down to a cellar, taking a seat at a round table, and five men coming from the shadows. All of these men, happened to be members of ISIS. One of the men began speaking, and subtitles appeared at the bottom of the TV, but it was all jumbled up and unreadable. Strong Bad began sweating heavily, and he said that he had no idea the whereabouts of PM 3.6 and when it was ever going to be released. Moments after, one of the men pulled out a .45 and shot at Strong Bad, but the TV cut to static before the bullet reached him. I woke up.

wtf
Semi related,been looking for an excuse to post this

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486

Anyways, I turned on my television, and I saw @Strong Bad giving a presidential speech. After he was done talking about the future of America and our local scene, a reporter asked him a question. "When is PM 3.6 coming out?" He grew silent and walked off of the stage. In my dream, for some reason still on the TV, it cut to a third person view of Strong Bad walking down to a cellar, taking a seat at a round table, and five men coming from the shadows. All of these men, happened to be members of ISIS. One of the men began speaking, and subtitles appeared at the bottom of the TV, but it was all jumbled up and unreadable. Strong Bad began sweating heavily, and he said that he had no idea the whereabouts of PM 3.6 and when it was ever going to be released. Moments after, one of the men pulled out a .45 and shot at Strong Bad, but the TV cut to static before the bullet reached him. I woke up.

wtf
Basically 3.6 doesnt exist and @Strong Bad is going to be shot by terrorists

Inb4 Sakurai is isis

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
"God told me so" is just a high tier mind**** version of "It's not you it's me."

Neither statement makes any sense, except to the person saying it.

Which means if religion wasn't the reason she could do better another, more mysterious reason would show up in its place.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
Dark Souls 3 leaks

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
can't ****in wait for e3
I'm not getting hyped. I'm not getting hyped. I'm not getting hyped.

**** it, getting mildly hyped. I don't see it being released until next year. We better get a decent PC port this time too, and ideally around the same time as console releases? Please? Maybe without massive graphical downgrades?
Who am I kidding, they'll show us something awesome, then release a game that doesn't look quite as awesome cuz consoles and then I'll buy it and enjoy myself anyway. I do get why that happens though, far easier to develop one version of the game rather than two.

Top Bottom